Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt I

Remove this Banner Ad

Continued from 2016 Thread: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/feminism-2016-thread.1141612/

Continued in the 2017 thread Pt II - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/feminism-2017-thread.1159850/

====================================

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ange-to-law-decriminalising-domestic-violence
Russia, the land of...sorry words fail me.

Priest Dmitry Smirnov, head of the Russian Orthodox Patriarchy’s commission on family matters, said on a television programme that the idea the state should be able to poke its nose into family affairs was a western imposition on Russia. “Some of the things happening in northern Europe now are such that even Hitler couldn’t have dreamed them up,” he said.

An article last week in the science section of the popular tabloid Komsomolskaya Pravda cheerfully told readers about an “advantage” of wife-beating. It said: “Recent scientific studies show the wives of angry men have a reason to be proud of their bruises. Biologists say that beaten-up women have a valuable advantage: they more often give birth to boys!” The article was later amended.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news!

I have found some people who hate feminists as much as the MRA nutters in this thread :thumbsu:

ISIS.jpg

If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside ... without cover, and the cats come to eat it ... whose fault is it, the cats' or the uncovered meat's? The uncovered meat is the problem. If she was in her room, in her home, in her hijab, no problem would have occurred.
Quality post.

Quality post.
Nice to see you back but as you will notice nothing has changed.
Well maybe one thing due to Islam there has been an incredible amount of support for women, new age feminists as long as it is anti Muslim.

Nice to see you back but as you will notice nothing has changed.
Well maybe one thing due to Islam there has been an incredible amount of support for women, new age feminists as long as it is anti Muslim.

You mean your 'like' buddies marketing violence and stupidity?
IMG_7830.JPG

Or the Collingwood bloodmoney crowd turning people away from logic?

IMG_7821.JPG

IMG_7823.JPG

A board of sanity is no place for the violent or compromised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awaken you think. Can't remember a time I agreed with stoning, honour killing, forced isolation of women.

Maybe it's you jerks that have your head so far up your arse that you can't see wrong from right anymore.
It's not worth wasting your time, bruh. A lot of these people care more about not hurting people's feelings about their religion more than they do about protecting women from these atrocities.

It's not worth wasting your time, bruh. A lot of these people care more about not hurting people's feelings about their religion more than they do about protecting women from these atrocities.
The worst of the ideology is obvious to all.
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-...ue-in-pakistan-despite-tough-new-laws/8172756
The positives are?

Perhaps the apologists need to use violence, abuse and delusion to keep up this charade. Would be more useful if they could use fair-minded reason and logic to derail discussion of these issues.

If some of you defenders of females had expressed dismay at the gang rape of of women and killing of children in Myanmar, then I may accept that you really care about the treament of Muslim females.
Sadly you just hide behind it.
Bunch of hypocrites!

Amazing that some here are trying to use people's concern for the treatment of women in some middle eastern countries as a wedge issue to imply people are hypocrites for not supporting the lunacy of some elements of third wave feminism.

Your characters are on show for everyone to see.

If some of you defenders of females had expressed dismay at the gang rape of of women and killing of children in Myanmar, then I may accept that you really care about the treament of Muslim females.
Sadly you just hide behind it.
Bunch of hypocrites!
Maybe we haven't heard of that case?
Not having heard of a particular case of rape and murder of women in Myanmar does not mean that we're hypocrites, it simply means that we have not yet heard of it. It's pretty moronic to think otherwise, but that is your particular bent toward your obsessive protection of all things Islamic.

I'm truly dismayed by what has happened to those women in Myanmar. I'm also dismayed that you do not care about any women because you have not spoken out against the treatment of Ethiopian women.
Hypocrite.

I am not scared to criticise any religion - I have never said anything in support of Islam - it is disgusting and vile, as is christianity, judaism, scientology and any other religion you choose to name.

Every religion treats women as second to men and the sooner people wake up and realise it is all bullshit the better.

Maybe we haven't heard of that case?
Not having heard of a particular case of rape and murder of women in Myanmar does not mean that we're hypocrites, it simply means that we have not yet heard of it. It's pretty moronic to think otherwise, but that is your particular bent toward your obsessive protection of all things Islamic.

I'm truly dismayed by what has happened to those women in Myanmar. I'm also dismayed that you do not care about any women because you have not spoken out against the treatment of Ethiopian women.
Hypocrite.
No, not hypocrite unlike others.
There are so many articles on the news every day where women are abused or objectified.

I posted the article on the women and children being abused in the News thread. There are so many stories out there.
But you are right Myanmar is one of many countries which was my point in case you missed it.

Last night whilst watching BBC there was another report on trafficked women into countries from Albania.
How do the customers of these women, not tell that these are not voluntary sex workers?

If others come across stories that I have missed, posters are free to add.
www.bbc.com/new/world-33592634
Edit: for some reason, cannot link article so typed it in.

Last edited:
Amazing how some look the other way on gender issues (and sexuality issues and anti-semitism and so on) because they are scared to criticize certain religions.
Not scared at all. Yes the Arabic countries and Islam are the worst at how they treat women. I very much doubt that there is one poster on BF that would disagree.
However if you look over some of the posts in this thread once you mention religion, it then becomes more about the religion and less about the women.
Perfect example is your post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back