Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think KV has ever run a strong opposing view to that claim, but the social implications surrounding gender and law are somewhat different.

The statute books may state one thing, but in reality they can play out in very different ways.
Agreed - the tongue in cheek joke was for the benefit of everyone else.

Consent clearly goes both ways. Speaking of things that are clear, men are overwhelmingly the perpetrators of sexual assault. That's why the emphasis tends to be on men obtaining consent.

People often do not give explicit consent, for a variety of reasons, that's true. Considering the rates of sexual assault, maybe this is a problem to be solved, not a status quo to be accepted? A problem that could be solved by education about enthusiastic consent, maybe?
I’d need to know more about the consequences of the proposals for consent before commenting but would harsher penalties and better education (for both parents and children and the community) be an alternative acceptable approach?

Equal rights... Implying the rights of men are equal to women....ergo women also the have equal rights... You heard it here first, folks - KV says women have equality! :D

A lot comes down to belief and something I have been known to hate (The Gold standard unwritten rule)
I don't think KV has ever run a strong opposing view to that claim, but the social implications surrounding gender and law are somewhat different.

The statute books may state one thing, but in reality they can play out in very different ways.

True at the risk of repeating just because something is not written in law doesn't mean there are social/cultural/hierarchical pressures that society buys into and thus effects decision making and agency of both genders.
You have equal rights. You’re too deep in that oppression complex to see it.

If we acknowledge men and women are different how can we have totally equal the same rights and is it practical? Some things will need to be more female and more male based.

Equal rights and representation before the law is probably best.

Why are there so many female paedophiles teaching in schools? There have been countless examples of this happening in the last few years but society and the courts still refuses to see it as a major issue.

Probably the only victim in Missouri that day with a grin from ear to ear.

True, but I reckon plenty of female students enjoy ******* their male teachers at the time as well. It's more about the grooming and abuse of trust/responsibility/power/position. Every time we see a female teacher/male student scenario, the point is always made that the guy probably enjoyed it, but never when the genders are reversed. Girls mature faster than boys, so you'd think the manipulation of boys would be even worse, if anything.

PS - Not having a go at you, and I'm sure I'm not saying anything you don't already know. Just using your post to demonstrate my point on the double standards.

True, but I reckon plenty of female students enjoy ******* their male teachers at the time as well. It's more about the grooming and abuse of trust/responsibility/power/position. Every time we see a female teacher/male student scenario, the point is always made that the guy probably enjoyed it, but never when the genders are reversed. Girls mature faster than boys, so you'd think the manipulation of boys would be even worse, if anything.

PS - Not having a go at you, and I'm sure I'm not saying anything you don't already know. Just using your post to demonstrate my point on the double standards.

Bang on; I'm sure there's plenty of young boys and girls who'd be pretty happy getting to bang their teacher.

Unfortunately for them, the onus is on the teacher not to engage in a sexual relationship with a student, whether they want it or not, regardless of gender.

That we seem to have a double standard for this comes back to the old trope of males always wanting sex, and females always being coerced in to giving it, regardless of any other factors. Neither is true, and neither should have any bearing on the legality of the situation.

Of course, it's just that the victim angle pays off by a factor of a trillion when you happen to be a female.

The female, not the male, determines all the conditions of the animal family. Where the female can derive no benefit from association with the male, no such association takes place. — Robert Briffault, The Mothers, Vol. I, p. 191

1) Even though a woman has accrued past benefits from her relationship with a man, this is no guarantee of her continuing the relationship with him.

2) If a woman promises a man to continue her relationship with him in the future in exchange for a benefit received from him today, her promise becomes null and void as soon as the benefit is rendered.

3) A man’s promise of a future benefit has limited ability to secure a continuing relationship with a woman, and his promise carries weight with her only to the extent that the woman’s wait for the benefit is short and to the extent that she trusts him to keep his promise.

Last edited:
Contemporary legal mechanistic's have reinforced an opportunity to extrapolate upon the "null and void" factor in subset 2 in combination with subset 3 to the point of facilitating outright vindictiveness.

Not saying that always the case, but I am certain that is sometimes the case to the point that it is not uncommon.

Of course, blackmail is a whole other matter.

Why are there so many female paedophiles teaching in schools? There have been countless examples of this happening in the last few years but society and the courts still refuses to see it as a major issue.

Because if they get caught they don't get as harsh a sentence as a man would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are feminists female incel?

Attractive Men Won't * Me Coz I'm Ugly Involuntary Celibate.

AMWFMCIUCEL doesn't exactly roll off the tongue does it. If I can get some quiet time this afternoon, I might have a crack at something catchier.

Are feminists female incel?

Attractive Men Won't **** Me Coz I'm Ugly Involuntary Celibate.

AMWFMCIUCEL doesn't exactly roll off the tongue does it. If I can get some quiet time this afternoon, I might have a crack at something catchier.
INCELW. Which means the guys have be INCELM.

Right Lethality?

From the feminists who brought you "1 in 4 homeless are women!!!!" and "19% of dead journalists are women!!!"...

https://www.daytondailynews.com/new...are-women-study-shows/U8ygmmNwYdSaOdaCA0CXaP/

Nearly half of the victims of a random event are female? Das sexis.
The issue being, I suppose, is that coverage of homeless issues is almost exclusively of the men. A homeless woman on the streets is a much easier target so they don't make themselves obvious so we don't see them.

It's like how the MRAs go nuts about the 20% of DV victims that are men that "don't get any attention".

A homeless woman on the streets is a much easier target so they don't make themselves obvious so we don't see them.

giphy.gif

The issue being, I suppose, is that coverage of homeless issues is almost exclusively of the men. A homeless woman on the streets is a much easier target so they don't make themselves obvious so we don't see them.

It's like how the MRAs go nuts about the 20% of DV victims that are men that "don't get any attention".

It's not like there's denial that women can be homeless or anyone being turned away from services for the homeless because they are female. These issues, homelessness, stray bullets, the dangers of being a journalist in a warzone...there's no need to make any of them a gender issue. Even less so to make them a gender issue focused on the less-effected gender.

Would a more detailed analysis of theist rebuttal assist you in formulating an opinion on the subject?
I don't understand the word speaking you are using in your post making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back