Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not scared at all. Yes the Arabic countries and Islam are the worst at how they treat women. I very much doubt that there is one poster on BF that would disagree.
However if you look over some of the posts in this thread once you mention religion, it then becomes more about the religion and less about the women.
Perfect example is your post.

The worst compared to whom?

Back in the day I lived for a total of 14 years in various Muslim countries in the M/E and Maghreb (North Africa) and mixed comfortably in the Muslim world - learned Arabic and made friends. I saw no bad treatment of women in my circle of Muslim friends - and in fact, like everywhere else, the wife/wives ran the household and had domestic autonomy. And were fun to talk with and who were no different to any other educated women. But in the Arab/Muslim world it is mostly behind closed doors, socially. Especially in the Gulf.

But sure, in uneducated tribal areas the females can have a hard time - but no worse than what it once was in the West (when, for example, it wasn't uncommon in England for the daughters to receive a very rudimentary education compared to the sons).

So I kind of disagree and ask how many of the posters you rely on have actually lived in Arab/Muslim countries?

But I do disagree with the restrictions the Saudis impose - but these can be worked around so as to foil the ignorant wahabi mutaween. Altho the Saudi ban on women driving is of course excellent. No, wait...

Last edited:

Jacinta Nampijinpa Price
7 hrs ·
Feminism?

https://www.cis.org.au/…/ar…/the-sinister-sharia-sisterhood/

The sinister sharia sisterhood
“Ayaan Hirsi (is) asking 4 an a$$ whippin’. I wish I could take (her) vagina away – (she doesn’t) deserve to be (a woman).” So tweeted Linda Sarsour, the co-chair of the anti-Trump Women’s March on Washington and of the Day Without a Woman held on International Woman’s Day.
CIS.ORG.AU
Diversity and inclusiveness in all its glory.

In some jurisdictions that would be criminal and/or civil assault.

Feminism as a social concept arose in the West due to the emancipation of women - a relatively recent event which is rare in many non-Western societies. Why? Because where the genders have an established cultural role to perform, feminism does not exist: it only exists when there is competition between the sexes/genders. And with emancipation, competition arose.

This may explain why the current perception of feminism was not an issue in days of yore when the genders did actually have a role to play and the "liberation" of men and women from their traditional linear roles was inconceivable. Inconceivable because back then there was no competition between the sexes/genders.

Unfortunately but predictably, feminism - equal opportunity for women and now enshrined in the law- was hijacked by the cultural Marxist identity politics extremists, and has probably outlived its label. But with great achievements having been made, and with consequential ever-reducing inequalities to fight against, the hard -core feminists are now like the remnants of a bar of soap circling the plug-hole.

Hence feminism, having achieved equal opportunity in what was a male world, is now on a march über alles. It's morphed into a whole range of -isms and mission-creep grievances.

As evidenced by this thread...

Wasn't aware that the UK has passed laws requiring companies to calculate the difference between the average and median hourly pay rates for all male and female employees, with and without bonus.

...the difference between what their male and female employees earn, early reports from a handful of companies have revealed pay gaps as high as 36 percent -- twice the national average.

Virgin Money disclosed that men who work at the bank earn, on average, 36 percent more than women. At asset manager Schroders Plc, the pay gap was 31 percent. Utility SSE Plc reported an average pay gap of 23.4 percent, and consulting firm PwC said it found a 15 percent difference in pay.

“The way men and women are segregated into different job functions is the biggest driver of the gender wage gap,” said Andrew Chamberlain, chief economist at Glassdoor Inc. The job search site uses self-reported data from the thousands of job seekers, then looks at job title, experience, education and other factors to understand how men and women with similar backgrounds are paid.

When adjusted for these factors, men in the U.K. still earn 5.5 percent more than women, compared with a 5.4 percent gap the U.S., he said.

Crazy Clementine has criticised the guy who did the siege in wangarratta and comments on male violence. Pretty unfortunate this hypocrite was silent about the Sudanese woman who drove in the dam with the kids in her vehicle.

Crazy Clementine has criticised the guy who did the siege in wangarratta and comments on male violence. Pretty unfortunate this hypocrite was silent about the Sudanese woman who drove in the dam with the kids in her vehicle.
You just have to accept that she'll never write negatively about women because that's who her core readership are.

Don't bother reading her articles and you'll be sweet.

Feminism as a social concept arose in the West due to the emancipation of women - a relatively recent event which is rare in many non-Western societies. Why? Because where the genders have an established cultural role to perform, feminism does not exist: it only exists when there is competition between the sexes/genders. And with emancipation, competition arose.

This may explain why the current perception of feminism was not an issue in days of yore when the genders did actually have a role to play and the "liberation" of men and women from their traditional linear roles was inconceivable. Inconceivable because back then there was no competition between the sexes/genders.

Unfortunately but predictably, feminism - equal opportunity for women and now enshrined in the law- was hijacked by the cultural Marxist identity politics extremists, and has probably outlived its label. But with great achievements having been made, and with consequential ever-reducing inequalities to fight against, the hard -core feminists are now like the remnants of a bar of soap circling the plug-hole.

Hence feminism, having achieved equal opportunity in what was a male world, is now on a march über alles. It's morphed into a whole range of -isms and mission-creep grievances.

As evidenced by this thread...

Brilliantly put. What I don't get is why women get to ditch their gender roles but men not theirs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So seems that Clementine Ford is being a hypocrite again by supporting Susan carland's book launch after defending yassmin's Anzac comments while conveniently overlooking and abusing others (particularly men) for mentioning the treatment of females in Islam. Shes an absolute joke of a woman.

So seems that Clementine Ford is being a hypocrite again by supporting Susan carland's book launch after defending yassmin's Anzac comments while conveniently overlooking and abusing others (particularly men) for mentioning the treatment of females in Islam. Shes an absolute joke of a woman.

Saw a weird quote from Carland:

"If you recognise that there has been systematic oppression against women politically, structurally, socially, religiously, that these things have happened, and you want to work to change that, then I don't care if you call yourself a feminist or not."

She uses the past tense twice ("there has been", "these things have happened") and then talks about changing it. How does someone work to change things that have happened?

You just have to accept that she'll never write negatively about women because that's who her core readership are.

Don't bother reading her articles and you'll be sweet.
But her bile is still poisoning the minds of countless girls and women whether we read her crap or not.

The worst compared to whom?

Back in the day I lived for a total of 14 years in various Muslim countries in the M/E and Maghreb (North Africa) and mixed comfortably in the Muslim world - learned Arabic and made friends. I saw no bad treatment of women in my circle of Muslim friends - and in fact, like everywhere else, the wife/wives ran the household and had domestic autonomy. And were fun to talk with and who were no different to any other educated women. But in the Arab/Muslim world it is mostly behind closed doors, socially. Especially in the Gulf.

But sure, in uneducated tribal areas the females can have a hard time - but no worse than what it once was in the West (when, for example, it wasn't uncommon in England for the daughters to receive a very rudimentary education compared to the sons).

So I kind of disagree and ask how many of the posters you rely on have actually lived in Arab/Muslim countries?

But I do disagree with the restrictions the Saudis impose - but these can be worked around so as to foil the ignorant wahabi mutaween. Altho the Saudi ban on women driving is of course excellent. No, wait...

Yes and those same sons were sent off to die in the mud, blood and excrement of world wars and shot or imprisoned by their own army if found guilty of cowardice. The young men also broke their backs in dirty, stifling mines and all kinds of deadly occupations. Why do we talk about the past without any reference to how horrendous life could be for the males of each era? I think given the choice I would forgo a university education if it meant not having to be conscripted to go and have my legs blown off or my mind forever shattered by the things I was forced to see and do.

I might add that in the Middle East the torture and execution of men is many times that of women. Men are stoned to death, thrown off buildings for being gay and used as slave labor. Boys as young as ten are forced into armies and called "The Cubs of the Caliphate." Why do we only ever have the inequities faced by women rammed down our throats? it would be nice to see the same compassion we reserve for females shown to men and boys.

But her bile is still poisoning the minds of countless girls and women whether we read her crap or not.

I was pleased to hear that when my daughter's year 12 class had to analyse a piece by Ford, 100% of both males and females in the class thought she was a complete w***er. I read the piece they were using and it was actually really tame compared to other things of hers that I've read, so I'm glad they were able to see through her so easily.

I was pleased to hear that when my daughter's year 12 class had to analyse a piece by Ford, 100% of both males and females in the class thought she was a complete ******. I read the piece they were using and it was actually really tame compared to other things of hers that I've read, so I'm glad they were able to see through her so easily.
How did you get access to that information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back