Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was presenting a stereotype of old where a woman needs to be saved by a man.

The ad is two step backwards in its messaging

The message is that some men will only pay attention when pulled up by another man.

Guys that think this type of staring is ok probably dgaf about the opinions of women (for example, the guy in the ad didn't care when the woman showed obvious signs of discomfort, he noticed when the man shook his head him though.) There is nothing wrong with telling men that it is ok to step up.

Some fathers in this thread have seen this kind of thing first hand with their daughters. This kind of thing does happen. If you are ok with it then keep staring or say nothing, basically, carry on.

Yeah because there's no physical contact when leering at someone. Feminism pushes moronic mismatched expectations, "women are strong individuals need no man, please sir interfere in this situation to help the poor woman"

Then overstep your mark a little and you become the enemy, better to keep your head down and let the big government handle it.

Is staring at someone until they feel uncomfortable wrong?

When my brother got accused of sexual harassment, was suspended from work (3 days paid) till he showed clear messages which showed it as horseshit and yet still had to leave his job because he couldn't work with her going forward and the company wouldn't fire her for false allegations against a coworker because "woman" or something yeah I see a problem with pushing this narrative.

I would have stayed and made her life a living hell.

The message is that some men will only pay attention when pulled up by another man.

Guys that think this type of staring is ok probably dgaf about the opinions of women (for example, the guy in the ad didn't care when the woman showed obvious signs of discomfort, he noticed when the man shook his head him though.) There is nothing wrong with telling men that it is ok to step up.

Some fathers in this thread have seen this kind of thing first hand with their daughters. This kind of thing does happen. If you are ok with it then keep staring or say nothing, basically, carry on.

Like some other posters on here you seem confused and intent on creating alternative facts

No one is claiming that a leering man is okay. Im fairly sure nearly everyone here has said its not okay.

It is the response that concerns me.

Do you want your daughters/wife/ female friends to be indoctrinated into this ideal that when they have a problem a man should be there and ready to solve it for them?
That's the message this ad is sending

Is staring at someone until they feel uncomfortable wrong?

Yes. I wouldn't legislate what people are allowed to look at though would you?

I would have stayed and made her life a living hell.

She deserved that and more, but it was just an unnecessary stress to sit in that job after an incident like that he did the right thing imo moved on to better workplace and job that he enjoys more.

Yes. I wouldn't legislate what people are allowed to look at though would you?
No, and nobody is suggesting it should be.

It's modeling what poor behaviour is, and modelling positive masculine behaviour to ward it off is.

Charlie, I see your point and some feminists will agree with you. But I think it is aimed at males to model how they should respond in this scenario.

No, and nobody is suggesting it should be.

It's modeling what poor behaviour is, and modelling positive masculine behaviour to ward it off is.

Charlie, I see your point and some feminists will agree with you. But I think it is aimed at males to model how they should respond in this scenario.

Yep I agree, you know what would be better though? Stop glorifying single mothers and realise that the best model for male behaviour for boys and girls is their father.

Like some other posters on here you seem confused and intent on creating alternative facts

No one is claiming that a leering man is okay. Im fairly sure nearly everyone here has said its not okay.

Hardly anyone in this thread has had an issue with the way that guy was staring.
It is the response that concerns me.
Do you want your daughters/wife/ female friends to be indoctrinated into this ideal that when they have a problem a man should be there and ready to solve it for them?
That's the message this ad is sending

Nope.

You refuse to wake up ro reality. The guy only responds when pulled up by another guy. The ad is making more than the point of anti social staring. You're just too thick to see it.

As in stare chicken?

That's not presented in this video, and maybe the video serves it's purpose by clarifying what leering is for those who don't know.

As in aggressive challenges, stares by dangerous peoples, stares of the pick up kind, leery stares, drunk stares

Hardly anyone in this thread has had an issue with the way that guy was staring.

Nope.

You refuse to wake up ro reality. The guy only responds when pulled up by another guy. The ad is making more than the point of anti social staring. You're just too thick to see it.

You do understand the ad is a work of fiction, Political propaganda?

Yep I agree, you know what would be better though? Stop glorifying single mothers and realise that the best model for male behaviour for boys and girls is their father.
Bang on. Umpteen (objective) research supports this conclusion, but the Far Left utterly refuses to see reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a side point, it used to be the person sitting quietly by themselves avoiding eye contact that was the weird one.

Now that's the expected behaviour.

Yep that's my feel on it too

I do look around on public transport. I only use public transport to go to the footy as I hate not driving.

The thing is I'll look at anyone. From the person who has interesting tatts to that granma who need some of those teens to get off the priority seats.

Public transport has people of all walks of life using it. Almost everyone gazes unless they are zombied to thier phone.

The fear monegering from adds like this won't help society. I don't know the solution and I want women to feel safe but adds like this won't help.

Ok it's rude to stare. Duh we get it.

Can we move on now and discuss the feminist takeover about to engulf Billions?

Taylor and Wendy are going to join forces and THEY are going to * up Axe's world. The bald submissive and his white privilege dad are going to get run over like roadkill.

The dominatrix in Wendy is going to have the tables turned on her, and resign herself to be the bitch in the relationship.

The new master of the universe started life as a female, but is now transitioning into a ruthless, business suit wearing, gender fluid predator, who refuses to be called SHE.

They trying to tell us that deep down inside, we all wants to be men!

I don't think there was anything wrong with the ad. It was hypocritical of Andrews to be pushing it, given he bullied 3 strong women out of their jobs and replaced them with sleazy yes men just in his first 2 years on the job. But meh.

I think the frustration on the right comes from all these campaigns targeting men, white men specifically. If they really cared about making a difference, they'd consider a campaign against the larger problem of DV being overrepresented in indigenous and immigrant communities, or child abuse at the hands of mothers. But they pick a soft target that is safe to attack in the current PC climate. Maybe it's time to spread the blame around a little and have a more evidence-based campaign.

Im not going to engage with the biological imperitive stuff or the man hating argument.

Your experience isn't representative of the issue, in the same way I can't speak to copping this stuff. The stats of increased occurrence of sexual assault on public transport were presented. .

Looking at someone in public isn't sexual assault

Your premise just fell apart.

so eye contact is now sexual assault based on absolute no evidence...got it

when will men breathing be classed as sexual assault as well ?

all it proves is we live in a blatantly misandrist culture

Being offended.

Being offended is now an automatic application of statutory law.

I see - but you see yourself as some how harmed by a public campaign designed to raise awareness of creepy leering because it does not recognize sometimes women are predatory succubi. We are all about equality here - see feminism is unnecessary and the whole thing designed to persecute men - including triggering their feelings of persecution when they channel surf past an public awareness raising advertisement - these bitches can't leave us be!!!
We need our own safe space away from the creeping fascism of a 30 second ad we don't have to watch

Would you be ok with the creeping fascism of a 30 second ad 'we don't have to watch' where an adult indigenous male is the predator for a young indigenous female? It's a more realistic scenario.

Would you be ok with the creeping fascism of a 30 second ad 'we don't have to watch' where an adult indigenous male is the predator for a young indigenous female? It's a more realistic scenario.

You call that rhetorical style reductio in absurdum mate.

So white males don’t creepily stare at women. The males in the ad represent all males

First it’s the adverts and then it’s the white male genocide - what message is it telling our young blokes - these ******* cultural Marxists and their “don’t stare at women” attitudes - Treblinka can’t be far away. Honestly these lesbians that run the Victorian Government can’t take a joke - don’t they realise we are giving them a compliment?

Honestly for robust alpha males who would die rather than let these women take our wolf whistles off our cold dead lips - we certainly are sensitive - and we hate triggered SJWs somewhat ironically

A great sage once said women are chaos can we help it if we want to stare at the abyss - it’s only natural. What else is a crayfish supposed to do - FFS

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
First it’s the adverts and then it’s the white male genocide - what message is it telling our young blokes - these ******* cultural Marxists and their “don’t stare at women” attitudes - Treblinka can’t be far away.
Seriously though, what’s the deal with drag queen story time at libraries?

Edit: actually this might be worth a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back