Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you seem to be perpetually offended. Maybe you're resonating on the same frequency as the SJW, and that's why you hate them so much.

What is your usual username?

Answer or be cast in to the pit of ignore.

Geelong City Council launches its Gender Equity Framework by paying homage to a patriarchal culture where, depending on where they live, women are between 37 and 95 times more likely to be hospitalised from domestic violence.

How appropriate that this bird brain scheme is named after the noise that a chicken makes.

https://geelongaustralia.com.au/bagurrk/documents/item/8d6ab9a70541377.aspx

Do you reckon these nutcases pay a fee to the aboriginal folks every time they prostitute their culture to attain cultural credibility for their insane bullshit?

A poster already provided data about sexual assaults on public transport.

Here is a survey done by the HRC on SH experiences by university students..

That survey is a cracker!

Caveats The following caveats apply to the National Survey results included in this report on institutional-level data:

1. The survey data has been derived from a sample of the target population who were motivated to respond, and who made an autonomous decision to do so. It may not necessarily be representative of the entire university student population.

So basically, the entire humanities teacher and student body.

However, there's some eye catching responses.

GENDER OF PERPETRATOR/S OF MOST RECENT SEXUAL HARASSMENT AT UNIVERSITY?

Both males and females involved: 11%
Females only: 11%
I don't know: 3%

REASONS FOR NOT SEEKING SUPPORT FROM UNIVERSITY IN RELATION TO MOST RECENT SEXUAL HARRASMENT AT UNIVERSITY?

I did not think it was serious enough: 68%

WITNESSED SEXUAL ASSAULT IN 2016?

No: 94.6%

SEXUALLY ASSAULTED AT UNIVERSITY IN 2015 AND/OR 2016?

1.6%

which occurred:

Public transport to or from the university: 22%
University grounds e.g. carpark, walkways, garden: 14%

..........and other locations amounting to 84% outside of universities

consisting of:

Inappropriate staring or leering that made you feel intimidated: 32%
Sexually suggestive comments or jokes that made you feel offended: 19%

That's half right there

Intrusive questions about your private life or physical appearance that made you feel offended: 14%
Unwelcome touching, hugging, cornering or kissing: 9%
Inappropriate physical contact: 5%
Repeated or inappropriate invitations to go out on dates: 4% (how loaded was that one?!)
Repeated or inappropriate advances on email, social networking websites or internet chat rooms: 3% (loaded again!)
Inappropriate commentary, images or film of you distributed on some form of social media without your consent: 1%

.......and other such drivel that roughly add up to about 90%

Unmitigated Feminazi Garbage!

Last edited:

Caveats The following caveats apply to the National Survey results included in this report on institutional-level data:

1. The survey data has been derived from a sample of the target population who were motivated to respond, and who made an autonomous decision to do so. It may not necessarily be representative of the entire university student population.

REASONS FOR NOT SEEKING SUPPORT FROM UNIVERSITY IN RELATION TO MOST RECENT SEXUAL HARRASMENT AT UNIVERSITY?

1.6%

which occurred:

consisting of:

That's half right there

Intrusive questions about your private life or physical appearance that made you feel offended: 14%
Repeated or inappropriate invitations to go out on dates: 4% (how loaded was that one?!)
Repeated or inappropriate advances on email, social networking websites or internet chat rooms: 3% (loaded again!)
Inappropriate commentary, images or film of you distributed on some form of social media without your consent: 1%

jokes are really the worst kind of sexual assault

misandrist ads are just not enough...maybe the taxpayer can pay for a wambulance to follow every bus

jokes are really the worst kind of sexual assault

misandrist ads are just not enough...maybe the taxpayer can pay for a wambulance to follow every bus

It's rubbish set up to give imprimatur to a desired socio-political outcome.

In other words, unscientific.

It's rubbish set up to give imprimatur to a desired socio-political outcome.

In other words, unscientific.

its all about the feminazi feelzzz and the stupid cucks that pander to it

on the positive note if a problem doesn't really exist you don't really need any evidence to support a moronic ad will solve it...lefty nirvana

Last edited:

1.6%

which occurred:

consisting of:

That's half right there

You just have to look at this disclaimer:
"1. The survey data has been derived from a sample of the target population who were motivated to respond, and who made an autonomous decision to do so. It may not necessarily be representative of the entire university student population. "

You cant take surveys such as these seriously.
It's concerning that supposedly educated people use these critically flawed surveys to claim their is a rape crisis on our campuses

Yep I agree, you know what would be better though? Stop glorifying single mothers and realise that the best model for male behaviour for boys and girls is their father.

Who does that? I thought the importance of father figures was pretty well accepted, and incarceration rates of kids of single mothers support this.

I read a book recently "Raising Boys" (because I have a 4 year old boy) and it's basically all about what the father needs to do. I was actually afraid it was going to be "boys and girls are the same" bullshit but it certainly acknowledge the differences and suggests a different strategy for boys to girls.

Who does that? I thought the importance of father figures was pretty well accepted, and incarceration rates of kids of single mothers support this.

I read a book recently "Raising Boys" (because I have a 4 year old boy) and it's basically all about what the father needs to do. I was actually afraid it was going to be "boys and girls are the same" bullshit but it certainly acknowledge the differences and suggests a different strategy for boys to girls.

Absolutely its known but the media loves to glorify the single mother, only in the last few years have I seen mainstream media actually publicising the facts on children with single mothers

Absolutely its known but the media loves to glorify the single mother, only in the last few years have I seen mainstream media actually publicising the facts on children with single mothers

can you provide some examples of single mothers 'glorified' in the media? I haven't noticed this so am interested to see what you are referring to.

Perhaps you mean they acknowledge that they have a tough job, would that be right? I don’t think anyone says it’s the ideal situation for a kid’s future though (maybe you have some examples to the contrary though)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps you mean they acknowledge that they have a tough job, would that be right? I don’t think anyone says it’s the ideal situation for a kid’s future though (maybe you have some examples to the contrary though)

can you provide some examples of single mothers 'glorified' in the media? I haven't noticed this so am interested to see what you are referring to.

There are examples of the more extreme of people actually suggesting it is a good situation for mothers and even children. However I am more referring the acknowledgement of the tough job if you like and the treating of these women as heroes that is glorification of the role.

https://www.workingmother.com/single-moms-benefit-kids#page-3
https://slate.com/human-interest/20...ds-raised-by-single-mothers-are-sturdier.html
https://www.bodyandsoul.com.au/well...e/news-story/8985f21356789c01a8541021388480ee

There was that song from clean bandit which was quite catchy, but all it was about was how good single mothers are and it was suitably adopted by certain groups as an anthem (as though a song reflects reality).

I could find more but I can't be bothered really and its more about the vibe (the castle reference) around single mothers that i care more about, respect them absolutely, appreciate their efforts certainly but along with that it needs to be known that it is not the ideal situation for either the child or parent to be in. As i said in an earlier post, it has been turning towards that in recent years which is a good thing.

Find an interview of a single mother by choice and see if the interviewer goes hard after the lack of a father, then see the response to the interviewer it's really like watching them tread on eggshells around the fact with softballs for the mother to "address the issue".

There are examples of the more extreme of people actually suggesting it is a good situation for mothers and even children. However I am more referring the acknowledgement of the tough job if you like and the treating of these women as heroes that is glorification of the role.

https://www.workingmother.com/single-moms-benefit-kids#page-3
https://slate.com/human-interest/20...ds-raised-by-single-mothers-are-sturdier.html
https://www.bodyandsoul.com.au/well...e/news-story/8985f21356789c01a8541021388480ee

There was that song from clean bandit which was quite catchy, but all it was about was how good single mothers are and it was suitably adopted by certain groups as an anthem (as though a song reflects reality).

I could find more but I can't be bothered really and its more about the vibe (the castle reference) around single mothers that i care more about, respect them absolutely, appreciate their efforts certainly but along with that it needs to be known that it is not the ideal situation for either the child or parent to be in. As i said in an earlier post, it has been turning towards that in recent years which is a good thing.

Find an interview of a single mother by choice and see if the interviewer goes hard after the lack of a father, then see the response to the interviewer it's really like watching them tread on eggshells around the fact with softballs for the mother to "address the issue".

Those articles you post are, like you say, a bit extreme. I guess they are mainly biographical experiences of anecdotal evidence trying to justify that the life path for their kids was a good one (and also humble brag). Sure I guess you can learn life skills from having a single mother but I'm sure you also learn life skills from being on the front line in a war situation.

So yes it's still not an ideal situation but I think they are written to provide empathy for the single mothers who read those websites, would be dangerous if people actually got rid of a perfectly good husband to give their kid a better life (I doubt this happens).

The last one about the single woman doing IVF, well I guess I'm glad she gets to fulfil her dream of having a kid but again I feel the better situation is having more than one parent.

Another issue is all the welfare and other resources directed at single mothers, which can be seen as providing incentive for broken families. I understand that we need the welfare for the children's sake, but we should also be making single parenthood look like a less attractive option. Young people are happy to breed like rabbits without thoughts of the consequences of their actions, because they know that tax payers will pick up the slack.

Another issue is all the welfare and other resources directed at single mothers, which can be seen as providing incentive for broken families. I understand that we need the welfare for the children's sake, but we should also be making single parenthood look like a less attractive option. Young people are happy to breed like rabbits without thoughts of the consequences of their actions, because they know that tax payers will pick up the slack.
You seem like a reasonable fellow.

How often have you discussed the lifestyles of single mothers with single mothers?

You seem like a reasonable fellow.

How often have you discussed the lifestyles of single mothers with single mothers?
My anecdotal experience means little, but I have dated a few single mums. I have seen them generally dump the kids with their parents or their ex for a weekend of expensive partying. I'm not saying that they should live in miserable poverty, or that the father has no financial obligations. But it seems to me that the message is being sent to young people that single parenthood is an easy and viable option.

I would like to see all potential parents (male and female) understand the gravity of having children, and be prepared for the consequences. Education and free contraception may be a good start. I'd be curious to see stats re numbers of broken families today vs past decades.

The 2 types of women I see aged 25-35 on tinder are:

- those from broken homes, usually with custody of kids
- those who spent their entire 20s travelling, just got back from Canada, and are thinking they might possibly consider maybe settling down now. Brb heading back to Germany for a festival.

Turning your head around to stare at a person you don't know is creepy.

However it is such a rare occurrence on public transport such that in my 18 years of using buses and trains in Perth, Sydney and Darwin I have never actually seen it.

It's like the other ad the Victorian government showed featuring a fictional incident of a man ripping into his wife over burning the meat at a BBQ. I have never seen an incident like this, and while it may occur, it is rare.

The state government has taken two rare problems and presented them as though they are frequent problems. Many people are smart to their game.

Hence the aggressive reactions from the other side on social media, including some posters on here.

It's such a poor way of addressing a general problem in our society that needs to be fixed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back