Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Men have more reason to lie...sex without a condom is a better experience for us men. It makes little to no difference for a woman.

Lol@ the guy who thinks there are multitudes of women actively looking to get knocked up for money. There are far easier ways to make money, kid.

you’re ignorance and denial is next level

No you’re 100% ignorant

considering the fairytales you cling to I’m sure 5th grade was very recent
Not once during fifth grade did I think that ignorance could be measured by percentage.

Are you smarter than a fifth grader?

Apparently I am not allowed to post such content, so we'll move on.

This sums things up succinctly:

View attachment 820248

Yeah the Depp/Heard thing is pretty indicative of the double standard around domestic violence. Depp was immediately dumped from Pirates of the Caribbean based on mere allegations, whereas - to the best of my knowledge - Heard is yet to suffer any real ramifications despite her admitting to being violent with Depp.

Of course, a man hitting a woman will generally cause more damage than a woman hitting a man. But if we're going to seriously tackle domestic violence as a whole it is about time we started taking female violence a bit more seriously. I can't remember where or when I saw it, but I'm fairly sure I have read that the majority of domestic violence cases involves bilateral violence i.e. both parties abuse one another (anecdotally, this also aligns with what my wife - who works in child protection - has told me in the past). Hard to really do much about it if we only focus on one side of the equation.

Men have more reason to lie...sex without a condom is a better experience for us men. It makes little to no difference for a woman.

Lol@ the guy who thinks there are multitudes of women actively looking to get knocked up for money. There are far easier ways to make money, kid.

Plenty of younger women see it as a way to get some cash and be looked after

This is an orchestrated circus designed to take focus away from Arndt's contemporary feminism attack.

Nothing more.

The truth triggers them. They have to attack her, they go no option. They claim to be something they're not and along cOmes someone authentic. Psychology will tell you that sociopaths can't help themselves in these scenarios.

Take Note of everyone against her, they have things to hide, in trying to hide those things, the viel Comes Off and they're seen for what they are.

Scum.

They're giving her attention and in return she's Destroying their idealogy. Bringing it all Out in the open.

The truth triggers them. They have to attack her, they go no option. They claim to be something they're not and along cOmes someone authentic. Psychology will tell you that sociopaths can't help themselves in these scenarios.

Take Note of everyone against her, they have things to hide, in trying to hide those things, the viel Comes Off and they're seen for what they are.

Scum.

They're giving her attention and in return she's Destroying their idealogy. Bringing it all Out in the open.

funny how quickly they betray their own false premise and can't even hide their hatred and contempt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you remember that thread chief started saying all Males should be put in gaol when authorities are aware of dv?

Chief believes Johnny Depp, Should be in gaol. I don't know what sought of monster thinks victims should be in gaol while their abuser walls free.

funny how quickly they betray their own false premise and can't even hide their hatred and contempt

Because they're not all there. The more outspoken they are, the more they have to hide. The more they claim victim the more of a monster they are. Including those in this thread with thier attacks on bettina.

Yeah the Depp/Heard thing is pretty indicative of the double standard around domestic violence. Depp was immediately dumped from Pirates of the Caribbean based on mere allegations, whereas - to the best of my knowledge - Heard is yet to suffer any real ramifications despite her admitting to being violent with Depp.

Of course, a man hitting a woman will generally cause more damage than a woman hitting a man. But if we're going to seriously tackle domestic violence as a whole it is about time we started taking female violence a bit more seriously. I can't remember where or when I saw it, but I'm fairly sure I have read that the majority of domestic violence cases involves bilateral violence i.e. both parties abuse one another (anecdotally, this also aligns with what my wife - who works in child protection - has told me in the past). Hard to really do much about it if we only focus on one side of the equation.
The physical violence is easy to understand, easy to observe, and easy to condemn.
Verbal abuse blurs the lines.
And mental abuse is often thrown into the 'too hard' basket.

I've seen cases where it's been argued (sometimes successfully) that the person finally lashed out physically due to years of mental abuse.

Reactions to verbal vs physical can also be seen in examples where a woman is screaming abuse at a man for a while, and people will walk past ignoring it. But if the man lashes out at the woman, the audience will get involved.
Most commonly it's that scenario with the woman vs man.

There's plenty of reasons for those situations to occur. The female aspect is huge. But it would be similar if it was a kid. And sometimes if it was a smaller man.
I feel like it's the appearance of a lack of defence.

Not many people will break up a public shouting match. Some will enjoy watching and recording.
But when it becomes physical, most of the time people step in.

On the mental side as well.
There is still a large stigma around men admitting to suffering mental abuse, or any abuse at all.
Physical abuse can turn into verbal/mental abuse, as what that sound recording seems to demonstrate.
You can be physically abused, and you just have to put up with it or you're not a real man.

Male victims of female rape and sexual assault are still supposed to be proud and brag about it.
Like you're weak if you don't.

I think while mental/verbal abuse doesn't excuse physical abuse, it shouldn't be ignored when dealing with the physical abuse.

Do you remember that thread chief started saying all Males should be put in gaol when authorities are aware of dv?

Chief believes Johnny Depp, Should be in gaol. I don't know what sought of monster thinks victims should be in gaol while their abuser walls free.

You raise an excellent point.

The physical violence is easy to understand, easy to observe, and easy to condemn.
Verbal abuse blurs the lines.
And mental abuse is often thrown into the 'too hard' basket.

I've seen cases where it's been argued (sometimes successfully) that the person finally lashed out physically due to years of mental abuse.

Reactions to verbal vs physical can also be seen in examples where a woman is screaming abuse at a man for a while, and people will walk past ignoring it. But if the man lashes out at the woman, the audience will get involved.
Most commonly it's that scenario with the woman vs man.

There's plenty of reasons for those situations to occur. The female aspect is huge. But it would be similar if it was a kid. And sometimes if it was a smaller man.
I feel like it's the appearance of a lack of defence.

Not many people will break up a public shouting match. Some will enjoy watching and recording.
But when it becomes physical, most of the time people step in.

On the mental side as well.
There is still a large stigma around men admitting to suffering mental abuse, or any abuse at all.
Physical abuse can turn into verbal/mental abuse, as what that sound recording seems to demonstrate.
You can be physically abused, and you just have to put up with it or you're not a real man.

Male victims of female rape and sexual assault are still supposed to be proud and brag about it.
Like you're weak if you don't.

I think while mental/verbal abuse doesn't excuse physical abuse, it shouldn't be ignored when dealing with the physical abuse.

You have to ask yourself if the Male considers it rape and if they concerned about as being sexual assault or they arent concerned about it.
I dont know many guys who would consider a woman grabbing the penis and asking for sex as being sexual assault

Sadly there is a lot of false accusations and fictitious AVOs taken out

You have to ask yourself if the Male considers it rape and if they concerned about as being sexual assault or they arent concerned about it.
I dont know many guys who would consider a woman grabbing the penis and asking for sex as being sexual assault

Yeah, I guess as long as dudes have an avenue to report it (and for it to be taken seriously) if they do feel a line has been crossed, then it's up to the individual to make that call.

For example, I remember performing in our footy club's player's revue over a decade ago - a bunch of mates and I did a Village People medley which had me up on stage in arse-less chaps. By that stage the drinks had been flowing for quite a while and several of the older netballers had become quite grabby - one in particular went the reach around and grabbed me by the pussy old fella when I wasn't looking. Sexual assault clear as day and if the roles were reversed I'd have been in some serious trouble. But at the time I didn't care - she was having fun, I was having fun so no harm done really.

I think the biggest thing is I was never in any way concerned for my safety - I'm 200cm tall, there was never a risk of her over powering me. I could put an end to the situation whenever I wanted. Reverse the roles and that wouldn't have been the case, so she'd have been well within her rights to be fearful.

I forget what point I was trying to make, so I'll stop it here.

Edit: no wait, I did make my point - I was agreeing with you. I can easily see how men could be sexually abused to the letter of the law, but not actually see it as abuse or even care. I'm one of them #metoo

Bettina Arndt thinks that women are uncaring, demanding bitches based on a screenshot from the Griffith University respectful relationships app (note that this list is meant for all genders). I'd love for one of her fans on here to explain why the list is unreasonable. Or tell me how this supposed academic made such a conclusion. Screenshot_20200210-211116.png Screenshot_20200210-211220.png

Bettina Arndt thinks that women are uncaring, demanding bitches based on a screenshot from the Griffith University respectful relationships app (note that this list is meant for all genders). I'd love for one of her fans on here to explain why the list is unreasonable. Or tell me how this supposed academic made such a conclusion.View attachment 820602View attachment 820606
She says "being taught to be bitches"
Not
"They are bitches "

If you took the word bitches out of her tweet is her opinion unreasonable or just an observation of how she interprets the list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back