Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I'm not a fan of the simile but if you had held onto said turd for most of the year then the event of bringing it into the world would be quite momentous.

There's nothing "momentous" about any inherited biological trait, unless it's a first.

A little google and that's a 120kg bowel movement.

I'll choose the baby, please.

Yeah, but after 9 or so months it still hangs around and now the turds have doubled.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Society shouldn't mock and belittle a group of people they leave behind in the pursuit of being more inclusive to the fashionable marginalised group of the day.

At least you can always avoid discussing what someone has to say by invalidating their right to speak, that's the new flavour of the month.

TimmeT appears to have beaten me to the point.

No they absolutely shouldn't. But since when has humanity been inclusive.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
This is what i don't understand about identity politics, especially when it comes to sex. It is like "don't label me - however, i'm a queer, poly, non-binary person"

You're exactly right people unbox themselves only to put themselves into smaller boxes. Argggg! So frustrating because we're all supposed to be on board with this and most people seriously do not care what people do in their bedrooms. If a 6"5 bearded bloke (who claims to be non-binary) walks into a female only yoga school and isn't allowed in, then guess what "i don't give a s**t". This is not outrageous.

Agree what is outrageous is the 6ft 5 bloke casually strolling in. But then you must agree the opposite applies and men (although not giving a s**t in 99% of cases) don't want women strolling into what is private and personal.

No they absolutely shouldn't. But since when has humanity been inclusive.
If their position is one of inclusion then dismissing another group is very hypocritical, they are simply creating the next marginalised group.

I think humans are wired to huddle with their own and exclude the rest.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
If their position is one of inclusion then dismissing another group is very hypocritical, they are simply creating the next marginalised group.

I think humans are wired to huddle with their own and exclude the rest.

Very true. But if you don't fit with your own tribe and are excluded from everyone elses that is where problems are created.

And when you think about it no one gets to choose their own tribe.

Very true. But if you don't fit with your own tribe and are excluded from everyone elses that is where problems are created.

And when you think about it no one gets to choose their own tribe.
If you have a need for your tribe to be equally valued then there is a problem. People just won't accept that adults in animal costumes have a right to be treated exactly the same, that employing that person won't cost a business clients etc

People do choose whether they want to meet social expectations and play the game as it were, or if they want to break with the norms to create a counter culture identity for themselves or if they want to play the game publicly and live counter to society behind closed doors.

All has their perks and costs, all come with consequences.

But you can't have it all.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Meanwhile, back in reality:

1546574108868.png

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
******* hell.

She needs to get on a boat. (Maybe not to Australia). And I'm not kidding. 10 years old with a little sister and no future/no hope. Her tribe (circumstance of birth) is all wrong. Just run and don't look back. Build her life from scratch while she can.

THIS is who needs my/our protection!

Not some spoiled empty headed clan member.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think it might be you who's beyond help if you have to label anyone who posts a counter view to you as an incel, mra or making attcks around their intelligence. I've posted a bit in this thread and I'm not too far gone, not an MRA and not an incel. Simply demonstrates that you cannot debate the issues and you need to resort to using extreme labels to try and block out discussion from those you despise. No different to those far leftists who shout words like racist everytime someone says something valid which they don't like about another racial demographic group.

Not the first time you have just gone and abused other posters nor derailed discussions by posting inflammatory garbage in this thread though.

The irony with your use of the label leftist.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don't much care for Royalty. But this is spot on. Absolute Power Corrupts. And humanity hasn't gotten over the need to subjugate others. Don't matter who is doing it.

Charles has been kicked from pillar to post for how his marriage to Diana turned out. Yet he was a victim as well. He was in reality **** shamed. The abuse also had dianna slandered for the bullimea and suicide attempts caused by the use of prozac. The prozac introduced to cover up her trauma from the arranged marriage neither of them wanted. Another act of violence.

We are talking about the female head of state who promoted one of Britain's post ww2 most barbaric generals, as her military attache.

Femminest Australian's and the greens have a very vocal opinion on trump. But silent about her. She is our head of state trump is not, completeley irrational if not sexist and racist. One third of poms want Tony Blair charged with war crimes for the 2003 invasion of Iraq. She is commander and chief of the military who invaded. She profited immensely from that invasion.

In fact the the taxpayers have to provide security for her families weddings. Security needed because of her behaviour as Head of state. Women in the lower classes suffer as a result. Go without health care education and justice.

Change starts at the top. No higher than her.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Charles has been kicked from pillar to post for how his marriage to Diana turned out. Yet he was a victim as well. He was in reality **** shamed. The abuse also had dianna slandered for the bullimea and suicide attempts caused by the use of prozac. The prozac introduced to cover up her trauma from the arranged marriage neither of them wanted. Another act of violence.

True true and true.
We are talking about the female head of state who promoted one of Britain's post ww2 most barbaric generals, as her military attache.

Which General?

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Femminest Australian's and the greens have a very vocal opinion on trump.

Don't get me started on Trump. I'm not American anyway. But diplomatically he has achieved more on an International stage then any of his predecessors could dream about.

His diplomacy efforts are as significant as anything since the Cold War. (Who the else could get a meeting with Kim Jong Un however the ridiculous the circumstance) Sure he ****ed the US domestically but we're not America. He may yet * everything economically (a high probability) but at least it ain't the alternative. And if he is stupid.......well that's on the Yanks to elect someone better.

nicky

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal palace, socceroos
Agree what is outrageous is the 6ft 5 bloke casually strolling in. But then you must agree the opposite applies and men (although not giving a s**t in 99% of cases) don't want women strolling into what is private and personal.
Fine, i don't care if men have private spaces. I encourage them to talk about real issues that effect them.

The issue i have is when these mens groups use these gatherings to blame all their woes on women, like this thread.

Men have legitimate issues that disproportionately affect them, however women are not the cause of these issues.

No point going on about it in this thread because it falls on deaf ears.

Prrsonally (and i am a feminist) i prioritize my concern over male suicide than the gender pay gap (which is really a mother pay gap). I think mental health and the fact men aren't supposed to cry or talk about how s**t they feel is a travesty.

I know couples who are both awesome but splitting and can easily see the guy going down the mra route and the female ending up institutionalized or bitter. Neither deserver this, however a crap situation has lead to a perfect s**t storm. Which is usually the case in these scenarios.

Moshie The Mook

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Sep 16, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Might surprise women to know how little we discuss you when we are in our man caves.

Unless there is a bitter divorce taking place, where you are being an unconscionable campaigner.

I have happily married friends I've known since kindergarten. I often forget their wives names. One bloke had to pull me aside New Years to kindly remind me his wife is not a Kylie. LOL I've been calling her that since we were at his place for UFC 202.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fine, i don't care if men have private spaces. I encourage them to talk about real issues that effect them.

The issue i have is when these mens groups use these gatherings to blame all their woes on women, like this thread.

Men have legitimate issues that disproportionately affect them, however women are not the cause of these issues.

Prrsonally (and i am a feminist) i prioritize my concern over male suicide than the gender pay gap (which is really a mother pay gap). I think mental health and the fact men aren't supposed to cry or talk about how s**t they feel is a travesty.

I know couples who are both awesome but splitting and can easily see the guy going down the mra route and the female ending up institutionalized or bitter. Neither deserver this, however a crap situation has lead to a perfect s**t storm. Which is usually the case in these scenarios.

It's not only a mother pay gap but also a hairdresser handbag asset gap.

I would encourage you to start a fb account with a male name and comment on news sites on issues like domestic violence. Do the study and understand that dv is a human issue and the stats are very similar. Speak about the lack of services for men and what they go through from an abusive partner or female family member. Take note of how you're received and answer with facts. Imagine the abuse and bullying you receive, impact if you were actually a male victim with a debilitating injury from a female parfner. Imagine you've had false claims made by an abusive partner and thier word taken as gospel. Might drive you to suicide. Speak on how men are being left behind and wait for the retort from someone telling you what a male has done to them You even get it from males about what was done to thier daughter or sister.

Most stats you will be given are fake. However accept them as true and reply by implementing the logic towards issues where men are in dizporportionate numbers.

The excuse given for shunning male victims is there's more women victims. Three times more males commit suicide than females. So apply the same logic why do we provide services for mental health to females?

Mental ill males can be very violent and commit horrible crimes. all recources should go to males. It will save lives.

Over two thirds of homeless are male. So all homeless services should be aimed at males.

Around 90 percent of those seeking food from religious charities are male. So all males should be served first.

90 percent of the prison population is male so all legal aid should go to males.

This is if you apply the same logic male victims of dv are subjected to when seeking a service as a victim. My stats here are factuall. The dv stats shoved down males throats are not.

Homeless and. Mentally ill males. Kill rape and steal off of women. Services should prioritise assistance for them but they don't. Homeless males get told the reason they can't get housing from the services is a lack of funds and the dv epidemic females are apparant suffering.

The whole argument doesn't make sense. Not that it's women's fault. Apparantly this a mans world.

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney

You got it wrong about what men discuss when women arent there.
Its almost never to bitch about women or feminists.
I dont know any man who identifies as an MRA.
There'd be some ive met who are some form of MGTOW.
Primarily the bitter guys i have met are in a long term unhapoy relationship or gone though a divorce that they lost financially on

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham

Talking of falling on deaf ears, it's been pointed out more than once in this thread that women attempt suicide more than men. This idea that male suicide is because men aren't supposed to cry or talk about how s**t they feel is nonsense. The feminist angle on male suicide because of 'toxic masculinity' adds zero insight to the subject.

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Meanwhile, back in reality:

View attachment 601232
As a feminist/humanitarian, I am very aware of the plight of Nujood...
This was one of the largest forward movements for women in Yemen.
This was nearly all done by a progressive Yemeni feminist... Shada Nasser. (Pretty sure she was the first female lawyer in Yemen).

Not long after her success with the divorce, Nujood was punished because of what the rest of the world found out about Yemen... literally from her own story... she had her passport cancelled...

Since then it's likely that she has been controlled by her father, and what could have been an incredible forward movement for Yemen, was restricted, and turned into a blip on the radar to the rest of the world.

Also that photo was taken like... a couple of years after the divorce. And it was from the divorce that happened over 10 years ago.

Extremely disappointing that it's been turned into a meme to attack feminism, considering what actually happened.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Extremely disappointing that it's been turned into a meme to attack feminism, considering what actually happened.

It's designed to highlight the inane self indulgent crap that masquerades as contemporary feminism.

Y'see, this little girls exploitation is a human rights matter.

Only a delusional contemporary western feminist would hijack this matter to utilise as a Trojan Horse for their own selfish purposes.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's designed to highlight the inane self indulgent crap that masquerades as contemporary feminism.

Y'see, this little girls exploitation is a human rights matter.

Only a delusional contemporary western feminist would hijack this matter to utilise as a Trojan Horse for their own selfish purposes.

It is. But what can we in the West actually do about it? Sure we can stop posting on "self indulgent" forums but short of invading the joint which has been tried and failed what can realistically be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back