Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
It is. But what can we in the West actually do about it? Sure we can stop posting on "self indulgent" forums but short of invading the joint which has been tried and failed what can realistically be done?

As far as I am concerned, this child has bona fide refugee status and should be given priority status to remove her from that environment.

Feminists (the real ones) should be placing matters like this at the very top of their to do list, rather than continually indulging in self promotion.

The battle for equality has been run and won, and now the ONLY focus remaining for feminism is to ensure it moves out in to the far corners of the globe.

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Snake_Baker, how little do you know about this situation??... Do you actually care?...
As far as I am concerned, this child has bona fide refugee status and should be given priority status to remove her from that environment.
That might have helped her when we were campaigning for it... ten years ago... She is 21 now...

Feminists (the real ones) should be placing matters like this at the very top of their to do list, rather than continually indulging in self promotion.
They do, and did...
You ignore those feminists, because you're too busy aggrandising your status as truly benevolent, while posting retweets.

They didn't "self promote" this... which is probably why you've no idea about it, and you still have no idea about it.

You just saw a picture and thought 'I'll post that in the feminism thread. I won't even check if the information is true'.
And when you're educated on the truth, you don't believe it. In fact it solidifies you in your position even more...

The battle for equality has been run and won, and now the ONLY focus remaining for feminism is to ensure it moves out in to the far corners of the globe.
There are literally posters on this website... that you support... who wish women had less rights, couldn't vote, were restricted in jobs... But you ignore that. Why? Why?

Why?

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I'm not sure what the opposite of feminism is and I'm not sure what the middle ground is, but I think many of these gender related topics are case by case basis. I'd like to think I stand on a balanced middle.

Equal capabilities: I disagree with that view, there are things men and women are better and worse at based on physiological and psychological differences. That's pretty hard to deny.

Gender pay gap: dont pay based on sex, pay based on capability and experience. If a woman is better pay her as such, if a man is better do the same. I feel the same when hiring. Dont aim to recruit a man or woman, aim to recruit the best candidate.

With abortion, that should have nothing to do with feminism. Surely a human is free to do with their body as they wish? The individual must have the rights to their own self.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
There are literally posters on this website... that you support... who wish women had less rights, couldn't vote, were restricted in jobs... But you ignore that. Why? Why?

Why?

This is about as generalised as a claim can get. Please quote these opinions and where I have supported them. "Literally".

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
This is about as generalised as a claim can get. Please quote these opinions and where I have supported them. "Literally".
I'm saying you support the posters, not those specific opinions. But you always seem to miss those posts.

FireKraquora has said that it's a "fact" that giving women the vote was the downfall of Western society.
In fact... you tried to insult me for pointing it out...
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/sexism-gender-equality.1207648/post-59206225

Literally...

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I'm saying you support the posters, not those specific opinions. But you always seem to miss those posts.

FireKraquora has said that it's a "fact" that giving women the vote was the downfall of Western society.
In fact... you tried to insult me for pointing it out...
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/sexism-gender-equality.1207648/post-59206225

Literally...

What?! In what context did I "literally" support those comments?

Pulsedrivers ACTUAL commentaries were about the shortcomings of bloody males!!!

It stuns me how you can't understand why people don't take you seriously when you post disingenuous waffle like this. You're so ****ing busy searching for something to offend you that the actual context flies straight over your head!

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm saying you support the posters, not those specific opinions.
What?! In what context did I "literally" support those comments?
I didn't say that... and in fact I clarified it in the post you quoted, because I was worried you misread and would go down a silly path.
Unfortunately, you've managed to still forge ahead.

Pulsedrivers ACTUAL commentaries were about the shortcomings of bloody males!!!

It stuns me how you can't understand why people don't take you seriously when you post disingenuous waffle like this. You're so ****ing busy searching for something to offend you that the actual context flies straight over your head!
I mean... if you won't click the link, I'll put it in picture form...
YCVIHfr.png

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
I didn't say that... and in fact I clarified it in the post you quoted, because I was worried you misread and would go down a silly path.

YCVIHfr.png
Eh?
Snake is saying there an intelligent person would disregard what was said.
You however didn't disregard it.

You have disproved what you are accusing him of.

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Eh?

Did... did you also misread my post, including the clarification, and the quote of the clarification???

I hope not...
What did I accuse him of? (Remembering that I've made it pretty damn clear that he hasn't supported those opinions... but he has supported those posters...)

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Did... did you also misread my post, including the clarification, and the quote of the clarification???

I hope not...
What did I accuse him of? (Remembering that I've made it pretty damn clear that he hasn't supported those opinions... but he has supported those posters...)
I didnt read any clarification u made...ill accept you clarified.

So what if he supports a poster who had that opinion.
You can support someone but not support 100% of their opinions.

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
I didnt read any clarification u made...ill accept you clarified.

So what if he supports a poster who had that opinion.
You can support someone but not support 100% of their opinions.
CheapCharlie... It's because I think it's bullshit/lying. So I don't accept it.

In the same way that I didn't accept that you have no knowledge of the Charlottesville riots, but know the living conditions, sexual behaviour and sleeping patterns of Antifa members... (While insisting you hold no bias).

It's the same way I don't accept that Teffy scours the internet for anti-feminism stuff, telling us that feminism isn't required as there is no sexism... while ignoring blatant sexism on this very website, from notable posters. (While insisting he holds no bias... - In fact he insists he would go to gaol for his defence of crimes committed against women-).

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney

In the same way that I didn't accept that you have no knowledge of the Charlottesville riots, but know the living conditions, sexual behaviour and sleeping patterns of Antifa members... (While insisting you hold no bias).

It's the same way I don't accept that Teffy scours the internet for anti-feminism stuff, telling us that feminism isn't required as there is no sexism... while ignoring blatant sexism on this very website, from notable posters. (While insisting he holds no bias... - In fact he insists he would go to gaol for his defence of crimes committed against women-).
Lol
Please..

I have zero interest in the charlottesville protest. Something about a right wing protest and some guy drove a car and killed someone. Thats just news grabs i have seen and tuned out as having almost zero interest to me and affects me in no way.

On the other hand Antifa protestors i find amusing for multiple reasons and i am fascinated by their lack of self awareness that they are exactly what they think they are fighting against... just on the far left.

I jave no bias against either side of these fringe extremists, as i dont care for either side; its just Antifa amuses and entertains me more.

Now you see from my one example how you have made assumptions based on your own biases which have little relation to reality.

Always happy to clarify for you

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Lol
Please..

I have zero interest in the charlottesville protest. Something about a right wing protest and some guy drove a car and killed someone. Thats just news grabs i have seen and tuned out as having almost zero interest to me and affects me in no way.

On the other hand Antifa protestors i find amusing for multiple reasons and i am fascinated by their lack of self awareness that they are exactly what they think they are fighting against... just on the far left.

I jave no bias against either side of these fringe extremists, as i dont care for either side; its just Antifa amuses and entertains me more.

Now you see from my one example how you have made assumptions based on your own biases which have little relation to reality.

Always happy to clarify for you
I've no idea how you could possibly have so little knowledge of the Charlottesville rally, but a keen interest in Antifa (who rose to prominence in a large part due to the Charlottesville rally).

Why did you call it a "protest"?...

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
I've no idea how you could possibly have so little knowledge of the Charlottesville rally, but a keen interest in Antifa (who rose to prominence in a large part due to the Charlottesville rally).

Why did you call it a "protest"?...

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Eh?

I am staggered that someone thinks they can lecture me about politics, whilst requiring something as basic as this pointed out to them.

For!

*s!

Sake!

Please regard everything I post in future as a lie, and never bother me with a quote ever again.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham

YCVIHfr.png

Why does EVERY SINGLE THREAD that you get involved in turn into a he said she said shitfest?

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Why does EVERY SINGLE THREAD that you get involved in turn into a he said she said shitfest?
I think it's because so many posters have taken on the HodgePodge style of lying about their position and statements, which makes it impossible to hold an actual discussion.

If any of you would like to point out which post was wrong and why, I'd take it on board, or I'd try to justify it. Or I'd learn from it.

There is an openly proud member of the Proud Boys on this forum, who is saying that it's a fact that Western society is failing because men let women vote. And not one of you have argued against it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back