Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever seen what happens in mother's groups on Facebook and the like? It's the most toxic environment I've ever seen online, and I see everyone's deleted posts here!

Not first hand but have heard a lot from my missus. It appears that you get judged for every facet of the birth process, those who get caesareans and don't breastfeed seem to be top of the list. I wonder if this is called toxic femininity?

Perhaps as a consequence of society long saying a single mother is a particular type of person - long-indoctrinated positions about this sort of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That could be true, and a lot of it might be that mothers with partners think they need to be celebrated more because they are doing it "the right way". There also might be a bit of jealousy, single mums do seem to get out and party a bit more.

Turning your head around to stare at a person you don't know is creepy.

However it is such a rare occurrence on public transport such that in my 18 years of using buses and trains in Perth, Sydney and Darwin I have never actually seen it.

It's like the other ad the Victorian government showed featuring a fictional incident of a man ripping into his wife over burning the meat at a BBQ. I have never seen an incident like this, and while it may occur, it is rare.

The state government has taken two rare problems and presented them as though they are frequent problems. Many people are smart to their game.

Hence the aggressive reactions from the other side on social media, including some posters on here.

It's such a poor way of addressing a general problem in our society that needs to be fixed.

I don't think I've ever seen a wife cooking a barbecue, we have come a long way but this is a man's job always.

Perhaps as a consequence of society long saying a single mother is a particular type of person - long-indoctrinated positions about this sort of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Times have moved on from the stereotype thinking of single mothers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turning your head around to stare at a person you don't know is creepy.

However it is such a rare occurrence on public transport such that in my 18 years of using buses and trains in Perth, Sydney and Darwin I have never actually seen it.

It's like the other ad the Victorian government showed featuring a fictional incident of a man ripping into his wife over burning the meat at a BBQ. I have never seen an incident like this, and while it may occur, it is rare.

The state government has taken two rare problems and presented them as though they are frequent problems. Many people are smart to their game.

Hence the aggressive reactions from the other side on social media, including some posters on here.

It's such a poor way of addressing a general problem in our society that needs to be fixed.

If only mutual respect for other people was considered a thing, and not only certain subcategories.

Problem solved :thumbsu:

Joyce Vieira punches man she caught pleasuring himself nearby her photo shoot.
Joyce Vieira, an amateur MMA fighter hailing from Brazil, was reportedly taking part in a swimsuit photo shoot on a beach in Rio de Janeiro recently when she was interrupted by a creep who was masturbating nearby.

According to reports, the 27-year-old fighter claims the man had his shorts down and was standing in front of her and her friend while pleasuring himself. Vieira then took matters into her own hands and punched the dude until he retreated.

Guys guys guys....sorry I sprinted here as soon as I possibly could to bring this to your attention!!!

There is hope. In a sea of virtue signalling a weak-minded loonies a beautiful swan has emerged!!!

I think I'm in love with her. Logic, beauty, and she doesn't think masculinity is toxic.

https://twitter.com/stclairashley/

Imagine how much soy milk that "guy" has guzzled :$:$:$

Guys guys guys....sorry I sprinted here as soon as I possibly could to bring this to your attention!!!

There is hope. In a sea of virtue signalling a weak-minded loonies a beautiful swan has emerged!!!

I think I'm in love with her. Logic, beauty, and she doesn't think masculinity is toxic.

https://twitter.com/stclairashley/

I first read the name as "Ashley Sinclair", who is also a conservative. Just don't Google that name while at work ;)

What a strange case to take to arbitration.

A Victorian father has lost a legal battle to prevent his child from having a hyphenated combination of his parents’ surnames, with authorities ruling in favour of the double-barrelled last name.

The child was born in 2015 but the parents’ inability to agree on the surname resulted in the Victorian Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages last year assigning a surname using both parents’ surnames hyphenated in alphabetical order, with the mother’s first and father’s second.

The father took the case to the Victorian civil and administrative tribunal, which last week upheld the original decision and found the policy of using both names in alphabetical order “reasonable and appropriate”.

Especially given ...

“... at present both parents have limited contact with the child, having one name as a second name and the other as a surname would seem to preference one parent over the child without any proper basis to do so.”
What happens when two people with hyphenated names have kids? School roll call-
"James Smith-Crocker-Bailey-Jones"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back