Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
"the things".

Most women I know work to pay for "the things". Even women who are mums too!

There's nothing special about birth. It's a mostly subconscious biological process.

Jun 19, 2007
On the south side now
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil
Came across an interesting an argument relating to the abortion discussion.

To paraphrase - it goes like this (and this may relate to US law rather than here):
- You have complete autonomy over how your organs are used while you're alive and after your'e dead.
- If you die, and you have a perfectly good heart/liver/cornea/kidney - it CANNOT be used to save another life if you did not consent to it prior to dying.
- If you are alive, and have a perfectly functioning kidney - you are under no obligation to give it to someone, even if it would save their life.

Ultimately - your life, your organs, are yours to use as you see fit. Even if you can save a life, even if you can save the life of your own child there is no law saying you have to do so.

But with an unborn fetus/child/baby (whatever framing you use) people want to change that. People want to say "no - you must use your organs to fuel this unborn - you must. You shouldn't have a choice - your choice ended".

People make it sound like an abortion is like going down to the Telstra shop and cancelling your phone plan. (Which isn't as easy as it sounds). But an abortion, if you've ever been there with someone going through it, is a damn difficult decision to make. Nobody does it for FUN. Nobody does it lightly. It's an incredibly difficult choice to make, so to force women into only having one option in that situation, in my view, is ****ed. It's so limiting, it's such a violation of freedom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Free pro tip - if you're going to use an alt account to get around board bans, it's best you don't kick sand in the face of the mods who are giving you a break by posting quite terrible personal insults, very dubious accusations and label everyone who disagrees as an idiot. It probably won't get you far.

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The clementine ford thread was closed down.
Wasn't sure where to post this gem
7e8e64e4a4eee40c105d866485a75be2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

AbrahamS

Team Captain
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
What 'gem'? I'm no fan of hers but that's just straight up abuse.
You come out and constantly blame "men" for everything gone wrong in the world. Do you not think there's going to be a few out there that will use social media to take a shot at her when that is the only forum/pulpit they have?

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
You come out and constantly blame "men" for everything gone wrong in the world. Do you not think there's going to be a few out there that will use social media to take a shot at her when that is the only forum/pulpit they have?
Some will, but it's not clever or in any way beneficial to whatever cause they might have. Play the ball. Or better yet, ignore her.

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It was a PM so she clearly had some sort of relationship with him.

It should have stayed private rather then reposting.

Lack of sympathy here

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Getting a PM over a social media platform like instagram doesn't automatically indicate a clear relationship. What's the relevance of that anyway, either way it's not a great look abusing someone online if you have a close relationship or not
I don't think she's in the business of chatting with random men

I take it your not familiar with her vitriol.
Because if you were you'd understand that's the game she plays.
You get what you give

I don't and I wouldn't personally behave like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back