Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nutter throws egg at prime minister = play on haha nothing to see here.

Someone makes off colour remark about a nutter...OMG misogyny, sky is falling!
I personally wouldn’t send such a message. However not much sympathy for her from me. She routinely abuses those who disagree with her, including women, in the crudest terms ( “C” word ).

The “faux” outrage from her fellow travellers in this forum demonstrates their own very selective anger. Spare us playing the victim on her behalf. It doesn’t wash. There are far more genuine and deserving victims in this world than a Clementine Ford.

Last edited:
The “faux” outrage from her fellow travellers in this forum demonstrates their own very selective anger. Spare us playing the victim on her behalf. It doesn’t wash. There are far more genuine and deserving victims in this world than a Clementine Ford.
Here's the difference.

She might call someone a campaigner. But the trolling of women online often involves descriptions of sexualised violence, which she simply reproduces.

I don't think she's in the business of chatting with random men

I take it your not familiar with her vitriol.
Because if you were you'd understand that's the game she plays.
You get what you give

I don't and I wouldn't personally behave like that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Well a quick look at her socials would indicate otherwise, she has form conversing with random men.
I'm familiar enough with her. Will be happy to call her out too if her messages become sudden abuse like that example.

Here's the difference.

She might call someone a campaigner. But the trolling of women online often involves descriptions of sexualised violence, which she simply reproduces.
I don’t support sending crude messages, including the one cited. Pardon my cynicism though, when I suggest that the main reason this is getting airtime is because Ford is a hard left misandrist who hates conservatives with a passion, and will use all means at her disposal to push her own ideology, including playing the martyr. Her supporters then pile in and try and exploit it.

The PM reproduced, whilst objectionable is not suggesting sexual violence at all. If it did then it would be an extremely serious matter. I daresay Rita Panahi and Miranda Devine get this sort of rubbish and worse all the time from LWNJ’s. The difference being that they don’t routinely abuse other people in the vilest terms. In this instance Clementine Ford makes a very poor victim.

Last edited:
Here's the difference.

Clem will reproduce all sorts of troll messages she receives. There isn't any justification to send messages threatening violence and sexual assault in my opinion.

Clem has lost a huge part of her audience since she was shown the door at Fairfax. Her new gig at The Saturday Paper is producing an article about once every 6 weeks, her troll/ shaming, man bashing sensationalist tripe didn't go down so well with their readers and editors.

Clem is very quick to play the victim. man is bad, woman good rhetoric. A cursory read of her articles shows she will openly spew out bigoted bile against men.
She is more than open with her misandry but has a view misogyny is unacceptable.

Last edited:
Clem will reproduce all sorts of troll messages she receives. There isn't any justification to send messages threatening violence and sexual assault in my opinion.

Clem has lost a huge part of her audience since she was shown the door at Fairfax. Her new gig at The Saturday Paper is producing an article about once every 6 weeks, her troll/ shaming, man bashing sensationalist tripe didn't go down so well with their readers and editors.

Clem is very quick to play the victim. man is bad, woman good rhetoric. A cursory read of her articles shows she will openly spew out bigoted bile against men.
She is more than open with her misandry but has a view misogyny is unacceptable.

Not a fan but have you seen the trolls she gets - they are a whole new level of putrid

Agreed. Childish and impotent.

A lot of comedy falls under that umbrella. I can find humour in that joke he made, but I have a deep sense of humour that not many possess.

You also have to realize that a lot of these leaked PMs are faked and used to make someone appear a victim when they are not. But in this case I think it is real because it is merely comedy. The fakers tend to make up things about violence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://10daily.com.au/views/a19052...6u7RBgcoYAay4_IdbkJA19EA3AFnHE-A-WYb45fpyHonQ

Im utterly bemused Clementine Ford has had the ability to convince so many women everything she says is Gospel.

'Men don’t choose to kill their wives and girlfriends because they were born with the ‘bad man’ gene -- they choose this course of action because patriarchy has convinced them they are entitled to'
Screenshot_20190530-223821.jpg
I like this comment. It couldn't possibly have been a coincidence that assaults were down by 10% in the same year as the campaign was running?

Why Don’t Women Vote For Feminist Parties?
https://quillette.com/2019/05/31/why-dont-women-vote-for-feminist-parties/

"...From the beginning, Britain’s only feminist political party shared an odd sort of fellowship with UKIP, which was, until recently, Britain’s leading anti-EU party. Both purported to represent roughly half of the population: women, in the case of the Women’s Equality Party (WEP), and those who wanted to leave the EU in the case of UKIP. Both were orientated toward a single issue. And both were plucky outsiders in an electoral system that is notoriously hostile towards new parties. Although their policy positions could hardly have been more different, founding members of the WEP looked to UKIP as a model of what a small party could achieve.
But in terms of electoral success, the two parties diverged some time ago. When UKIP was founded in 1991, it was little more than a talking shop for a fringe group of Eurosceptic academics. Under the leadership of Nigel Farage, however, the party was transformed into a populist juggernaut. At the EU elections in 2014, UKIP topped the poll, getting 27.5 percent of the votes cast and securing 24 out of 73 seats in the European Parliament. In the most recent EU elections, the Brexit Party—also led by Nigel Farage and in many respects a successor to UKIP—polled 31.7 percent of the vote and won 29 seats, more than any other party in the European Parliament. Indeed, there’s now talk of the Brexit Party replacing the Conservatives, the oldest and most successful political party in Europe. A cartoon in The Times depicts Farage gobbling up Prime Minister Teresa May, leaving nothing but her signature leopard print heels behind.

It all started so promisingly. When the WEP was founded in 2015, it attracted a remarkable number of members in their first few months. The party has always been good at branding, as you would expect of an organization founded and led by a group of successful media professionals, and they have consistently attracted glowing profiles in the national press. Looking back over their early coverage, it’s hard not to feel a pang of pity. The Telegraph described the WEP as “the fastest growing political force in the UK” only six weeks before the EU Referendum.
How quickly things change.
No one could accuse the WEP of lacking ambition. Although both UKIP and the WEP were established as single-issue political parties, for UKIP the objective was always crystal clear: to get Britain out of the EU. For the WEP, the overarching aim of achieving gender equality inevitably contains more diffuse objectives. The six stated goals of the party include “equal representation in politics and business” which is plausibly (if controversially) possible through quotas. But further down the list we get to the goal of “an end to violence against women” which makes the interminable process of leaving the EU seem like a walk in the park...."

You won't hear any top sportswomen arguing for mixed gender teams because they know they would lose their privileged position. A team of good 15 year old boys would beat the Matildas. Serena Williams wouldn't be in the top 300 players and instead of raking in multi millions would have barely scratched a living from playing tennis. The article mentions the Victorian Open golf tournament where the men's and women’s competitions would have equal prize money, but neglects to say that no women would even qualify for the event if male and female golfers played against each other from equal tee positions.

It doesn't seem to stop a few of them claiming they are discriminated against though. They have no shame.

You won't hear any top sportswomen arguing for mixed gender teams because they know they would lose their privileged position. A team of good 15 year old boys would beat the Matildas. Serena Williams wouldn't be in the top 300 players and instead of raking in multi millions would have barely scratched a living from playing tennis. The article mentions the Victorian Open golf tournament where the men's and women’s competitions would have equal prize money, but neglects to say that no women would even qualify for the event if male and female golfers played against each other from equal tee positions.

It doesn't seem to stop a few of them claiming they are discriminated against though. They have no shame.
The whole basis of the article seems to be based around the fact that a second tier Mexican soccer team explored the opportunity of drafting a female on to their list 15 years ago. Astounding.

https://10daily.com.au/views/a19052...6u7RBgcoYAay4_IdbkJA19EA3AFnHE-A-WYb45fpyHonQ

Im utterly bemused Clementine Ford has had the ability to convince so many women everything she says is Gospel.

'Men don’t choose to kill their wives and girlfriends because they were born with the ‘bad man’ gene -- they choose this course of action because patriarchy has convinced them they are entitled to'
She is a simpleton. Sky News AD crew, Clementine Ford, all arseholes to the working class man, just reaching their attitude via different angles.

As the ADL Center on Extremism notes, anti-feminism and overt misogyny have played an important role for the online right, with ‘the largely anonymous outrage of the men’s rights arena [acting] as a bridge to the white supremacist and anti-Semitic ideology of the alt-right.’
The Center cites some of the most extreme examples, such as Andrew Anglin from the Nazi site Daily Stormer. Here’s an excerpt from this charmer:
The fact is, when you give women rights, they destroy absolutely everything around them, no matter what other variable is involved … Even if you become the ultimate alpha male, some stupid bitch will still ruin your life.
hmmm....sounds familiar - particularly the Daily Stormer quote - any fash willing to self identify here?

Was just reading about this. This is insane.
Alabama sounds like a hellhole.
It's like how the media always report on crazy things happening in Florida (because the crimes are public), all it is doing is trying to paint the state(s) in a negative light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back