Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The investigation showed that the only true victim in this was the unborn baby,’’ said the copper.
The woman who was shot was obviously not a "true victim".
Takes victim blaming to the theatre of the absurd.

The pregnant (black) woman started and pressed on with a fight with another (black) woman The Grand Jury ruled the shooter was not guilty of manslaughter ie she defended herself.

But it is bizarre to charge the pregnant woman with manslaughter for the death of the fetus.

A genuine case that feminists should be fighting against.

I didn't even know it existed.

How is the Folau thread on over 200 pages, but so little is being talked about in terms of actual oppression?

There is more people on this forum talking about freedom for white supremacist Phillip Neville Arps who
"was jailed for 21 months on Tuesday in the Christchurch District Court on two charges of distributing the objectionable live-streamed video of the mosque murders.​
Arps admitted the day after the March 15 attack he sent away the video to have it modified with cross-hairs and a "kill count", and distributed the unmodified video to 30 associates."​

Why are the battles always being fought to defend the powerful, the supremacists and the bigots.
And are so heavily against those actually oppressed.

I didn't even know it existed.

How is the Folau thread on over 200 pages, but so little is being talked about in terms of actual oppression?

There is more people on this forum talking about freedom for white supremacist Phillip Neville Arps who
"was jailed for 21 months on Tuesday in the Christchurch District Court on two charges of distributing the objectionable live-streamed video of the mosque murders.​
Arps admitted the day after the March 15 attack he sent away the video to have it modified with cross-hairs and a "kill count", and distributed the unmodified video to 30 associates."​

Why are the battles always being fought to defend the powerful, the supremacists and the bigots.
And are so heavily against those actually oppressed.
Every response was in support of the charge being dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It could be a pisstake folks.
The other day my son and I were at the supermarket and he was walking aimlessly as preschoolers do. I said “watch out for the lady” as he began to veer into the path of 60 something woman, and she said “how do you know I’m a lady?” I thought she was joking at first, and was like “hahah yeah” but then she followed it up with “I’m a woman, not a lady”.

I quickly shuffled my son out of the way of the bitter old crone.

Man Up and Take It: Gender Bias in Moral Typecasting

Tania Reynolds, Chuck Howard, Hallgeir Sjåstad, Lei Zhu, Tyler Gene Okimoto, Roy Baumeister, Karl Aquino and JongHan Kim
Published Online:1 Aug 2019https://doi.org/10.5465/AMBPP.2019.15459abstract

Abstract

Moral typecasting is the tendency to categorize intentional perpetrators and suffering victims within moral interactions. We predicted a bias in typecasting, such that women are more easily typecast as victims and men as perpetrators. In Study 1, participants more readily assumed a harmed target was female than male, but especially when the targets were described as ‘victim’ and ‘perpetrator’. Study 2 participants typecast animated shapes perpetuating harm as male and victimized shapes as female. In Study 3, female victims were expected to experience more pain from an ambiguous joke and participants desired harsher punishments for male perpetrators. In Study 4, managers were perceived as less moral and fair when they fired a group of female (versus male) employees. Across four studies (N=1,319), harm was evaluated differently based on victim and perpetrator gender, suggesting a gender bias in moral typecasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back