Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funny though.

Yeah the problem in this country...actual discrimination against men is deemed funny, imaginary oppression of women is taken seriously..

Might be a waste of time telling these stupid women that men already pay significantly more tax than women. Yet more public money is spent on women's health, education, housing, employment opportunities, welfare, safety, legal, sports, charities, grants etc etc etc

but but you know the debunked pay gap myth:huh:

Last edited:
Yeah the problem in this country...actual discrimination against men is deemed funny, imaginary oppression of women is taken seriously..

Might be a waste of time telling these stupid women that men already pay significantly more tax than women. Yet more public money is spent on women's health, education, housing, employment opportunities, welfare, safety, legal, sports, charities, grants etc etc etc

but but you know the debunked pay gap myth:huh:
It. Is. Optional :drunk:
Also, do you have stats that prove 'more public money is spent on women's health, education, housing, employment opportunities, welfare, safety, legal, sports, charities, grants'

Linda Sarsour professes her support for siraj wahhaj and has put lesbian feminists and feminists generally when commenting to mark the 6 mth annioversay of the women's march considering his views on homosexuality. Furthermore Sarsour has not said anything about the booting of a pro LGBT and Feminist muslim group from the ISNA despite supposedly leading the national march and movement against Trump's supposedly anti-LGBT regime (her own words). Seems Linda is showing that she is not a genuine supporter of feminism nor the LGBT community and has an ulterior motive for her 'support' of them.

Linda Sarsour professes her support for siraj wahhaj and has put lesbian feminists and feminists generally when commenting to mark the 6 mth annioversay of the women's march considering his views on homosexuality. Furthermore Sarsour has not said anything about the booting of a pro LGBT and Feminist muslim group from the ISNA despite supposedly leading the national march and movement against Trump's supposedly anti-LGBT regime (her own words). Seems Linda is showing that she is not a genuine supporter of feminism nor the LGBT community and has an ulterior motive for her 'support' of them.

I am shocked.

In English please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like many I probably struggled to understand parts of that. But, I get the gist of it (I think). And the question I believe is - can Linda Sarsour (an Islam defender) still maintain her views on one issue (that goes against feminism), and also be a feminist at the same time? I would argue that she couldn't, and I would argue that she is a hypocrite. But I don't think she is the only one defending Islam and feminism at the same time. However, as hypocritical as her stance is, it is easy to see where it comes from. Islam hates Christianity, and so does feminism. What we get here is two ideologies with nothing in common - but share the same hate towards a certain religion. Or, even more specifically, they share the same hatred towards a certain race. Being racists and bigots is also something they have in common.

Linda Sarsour professes her support for siraj wahhaj and has put lesbian feminists and feminists generally when commenting to mark the 6 mth annioversay of the women's march considering his views on homosexuality.
Pretty sure the woman who sits on the ground in soiled tracksuit pants outside the local Dan Murphy's every morning waiting for it to open said something similar yesterday.

Pretty sure the woman who sits on the ground in soiled tracksuit pants outside the local Dan Murphy's every morning waiting for it to open said something similar yesterday.

You could work it out though, right? He's pointing out how Sarsour's support of the fundamentalist Wahhaj is hypocritical as his views about homosexuality are at odds with those of her intersectional allies. The rest of the post was even clearer. She organized a women's march where people voiced their opposition to Trump's transphobia, but when the Islamic Society of North America physically threw members of a gay-friendly Muslim group out of their convention, she had nothing to say about it.

You could work it out though, right? He's pointing out how Sarsour's support of the fundamentalist Wahhaj is hypocritical as his views about homosexuality are at odds with those of her intersectional allies. The rest of the post was even clearer. She organized a women's march where people voiced their opposition to Trump's transphobia, but when the Islamic Society of North America physically threw members of a gay-friendly Muslim group out of their convention, she had nothing to say about it.

Whole thing now is a jockeying for power. The two ideologies are incompatible (apart from the enemy of my enemy) hence you get Q and A and the like trotting out stuff like Islam is feminist.

It is like anything we all hold double standards to a point (granted not as canyonist as this) and when they are pointed out people grow loud or babble on and try and re write history.

Humans tend to act via self interest and form groups who are like minded and they can work with. This is no different.

(One question I'd love to see the ABC follow up on is to ask a hard core Wahabist their thought on Feminism and Gender Relations).

Cafe idea is just stupid. No men will go so lose half your clientele. And some women will probably get sick of it after a while.

Or maybe it is brilliant. Men will go in a lame attempt to show they support the sisterhood (hopefully pick up a leftie or 2).

Can't decide which.

And if you really really think about this isn't the Cafe just enforcing old gender stereotypes. It should be the man who pays/takes care of women/sacrifice their pay so we can be equal. Fascinating stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back