Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cafe idea is just stupid. No men will go so lose half your clientele. And some women will probably get sick of it after a while.

Or maybe it is brilliant. Men will go in a lame attempt to show they support the sisterhood (hopefully pick up a leftie or 2).

Can't decide which.

And if you really really think about this isn't the Cafe just enforcing old gender stereotypes. It should be the man who pays/takes care of women/sacrifice their pay so we can be equal. Fascinating stuff.
There's nothing that appeals to me more than politicising a meal in the morning.

I think I'll pass.

Cafe idea is just stupid. No men will go so lose half your clientele. And some women will probably get sick of it after a while.

Or maybe it is brilliant. Men will go in a lame attempt to show they support the sisterhood (hopefully pick up a leftie or 2).

Can't decide which.

And if you really really think about this isn't the Cafe just enforcing old gender stereotypes. It should be the man who pays/takes care of women/sacrifice their pay so we can be equal. Fascinating stuff.

They don't even understand their own 'pay gap' idiocy

Its about paying women more not taxing men more. Are they paying their female staff 18% above the normal rate of pay ?.. If not they are (like all feminists) absolute hypocrites.!

Lets be honest its about punishing, discriminating, shaming and excluding men. The true face of feminism.

The café that gives women priority seating and charges men more

August 4, 2017, 7:13 pm

A café that gives women priority seating and charges men more is making waves in Melbourne's inner north.

Handsome Her is a cafe where women reign supreme, with the owner, Alexandra O'Brien, explaining she wants the surcharge on men to address the gender pay gap.

She calls it a space for women, by women with women receiving priority seating and an extra tax for men.

cafe7.jpg

"One week out of every month we have an 18 per cent premium for men which is the same as the gender pay gap," Ms O'Brien said.

"I think it's fair - if you think about the world and the gender inequality that we have," a female customer told 7 News.

cafe9.jpg

"I think it's a brilliant idea because I don't think many people actually know the gap," another female customer said.

The tax is optional but so far, none of the cafe's male customers have refused to pay it.

"I could wear that, given it's a fairly unequal pay gap between men and women," customer Phil Dempster said.

cafe1.jpg

"Even though there is supposedly equal pay, it doesn't really equate out there."

A bit late to the party but to me it just looks like the cafe for women who couldn't get a boyfriend in high school.

Zero arguments facts or logic.

Funny how you couldn't provide one stat to disprove it either. Just like every single post you have wasted your time with.

quelle surprise
Oh dear :drunk: you made the claim, it is incumbent on you to provide the proof, lest you look like you are merely a troll that makes up your own 'facts'...so come on, where is the evidence?

Oh dear :drunk: you made the claim, it is incumbent on you to provide the proof, lest you look like you are merely a troll that makes up your own 'facts'...so come on, where is the evidence?

Look it up yourself.. it's available to anyone who can read

You made the claim feminism is about equality yet you have not provided one iota of proof to support it .

We are all still WAITING !

Hilarious that even google the world's most powerful search engine can't help you with that fairytale

Look it up yourself.. it's available to anyone who can read

You made the claim feminism is about equality yet you have not provided one iota of proof to support it .

We are all still WAITING !

Hilarious that even google the world's most powerful search engine can't help you with that fairytale
Where did I make that claim?

Stop deflecting and provide the evidence, or simply admit that you made it up.

http://www.theunshackled.net/rundow...male-recruits-in-new-affirmative-action-push/

You got to laugh. More privilege and special treatment dressed up as equality.

Funny how they still can't fill these positions exclusively aimed at women though. Another feminist myth about 'boys club' discrimination exploded.
Couple of questions
1) How did you go formulating an argument that my post you labelled as 'ironic' was actually ironic?
2) Did you find any evidence to back up your claims that 'more public money is spent on women's health, education, housing, employment opportunities, welfare, safety, legal, sports, charities, grants etc etc etc'?
3) Did you find a post that I 'made the claim feminism is about equality'?

I know that facts is something that far right MRA nutters usual hide from, but still give it a go champ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it is amusing the way the two Murdoch papers presented this story.

The Sun pretty straight forward and giving it a tick, the other Daily Telegraph, thumbs down and I love the un-named sources.
Shock horror, increase females in the Army by 58 as they currently represent 12.7%. They have a target off 15% by 2023.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/rendezv...e/news-story/08f4473162ed31b123bfc482263b2d38
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...p/news-story/69ee9dc1d4f8836e9cca7ca2e3e5680a

Oh look yet another femo who has no idea what equality actually means

Even when they drop the 'female standards' to embarrassing levels and actively discriminate against men in employment, they still can't fill these positions..
But every feminist will state the lack of women is due to discrimination, boys club, patriarchy or some other fairy tale they can't sudstantiate

Oh look yet another femo who has no idea what equality actually means

Even when they drop the 'female standards' to embarrassing levels and actively discriminate against men in employment, they still can't fill these positions..
But every feminist will state the lack of women is due to discrimination, boys club, patriarchy or some other fairy tale they can't sudstantiate
Dear me, looks like I need to bow down to your superior knowledge on this subject.
Oh wait, no I don't!

yes we've got it..No arguments, logic facts evidence just shaming tactics and infantile school yard insults..how embarrassing for you
And there I was letting you down gently as your intitial response was nonsense.
Are you able to give me a reason why 58 more females in the army is so earth shattering?
You seem to have a hate on any organisation/equality.
Besides just to let you know as you seem to have missed the point of my post -it was about how news is presented/misrepresented and it was easy to see which article you preferred.

Ryan Smith writes in The Wall Street Journal about the reality that awaits women in combat. Smith illustrates the problem by describing his experience as a Marine during the Iraq invasion in 2003.

Less attention has been paid to another aspect: the absolutely dreadful conditions under which grunts live during war…
We rode into war crammed in the back of amphibious assault vehicles. They are designed to hold roughly 15 Marines snugly; due to maintenance issues, by the end of the invasion we had as many as 25 men stuffed into the back. Marines were forced to sit, in full gear, on each other’s laps and in contorted positions for hours on end. That was the least of our problems.

The invasion was a blitzkrieg. The goal was to move as fast to Baghdad as possible. The column would not stop for a lance corporal, sergeant, lieutenant, or even a company commander to go to the restroom. Sometimes we spent over 48 hours on the move without exiting the vehicles. We were forced to urinate in empty water bottles inches from our comrades. Many Marines developed dysentery from the complete lack of sanitary conditions. When an uncontrollable urge hit a Marine, he would be forced to stand, as best he could, hold an MRE bag up to his rear, and defecate inches from his seated comrade’s face…When we did reach Baghdad, we were in shambles. We had not showered in well over a month and our chemical protective suits were covered in a mixture of filth and dried blood. We were told to strip and place our suits in pits to be burned immediately. My unit stood there in a walled-in compound in Baghdad, naked, sores dotted all over our bodies, feet peeling, watching our suits burn. Later, they lined us up naked and washed us off with pressure washers.

Ryan Smith writes in The Wall Street Journal about the reality that awaits women in combat. Smith illustrates the problem by describing his experience as a Marine during the Iraq invasion in 2003.

Less attention has been paid to another aspect: the absolutely dreadful conditions under which grunts live during war…
We rode into war crammed in the back of amphibious assault vehicles. They are designed to hold roughly 15 Marines snugly; due to maintenance issues, by the end of the invasion we had as many as 25 men stuffed into the back. Marines were forced to sit, in full gear, on each other’s laps and in contorted positions for hours on end. That was the least of our problems.

The invasion was a blitzkrieg. The goal was to move as fast to Baghdad as possible. The column would not stop for a lance corporal, sergeant, lieutenant, or even a company commander to go to the restroom. Sometimes we spent over 48 hours on the move without exiting the vehicles. We were forced to urinate in empty water bottles inches from our comrades. Many Marines developed dysentery from the complete lack of sanitary conditions. When an uncontrollable urge hit a Marine, he would be forced to stand, as best he could, hold an MRE bag up to his rear, and defecate inches from his seated comrade’s face…When we did reach Baghdad, we were in shambles. We had not showered in well over a month and our chemical protective suits were covered in a mixture of filth and dried blood. We were told to strip and place our suits in pits to be burned immediately. My unit stood there in a walled-in compound in Baghdad, naked, sores dotted all over our bodies, feet peeling, watching our suits burn. Later, they lined us up naked and washed us off with pressure washers.

Yeah. I'm not sure that Maggie has her mind around the importance of the ADF. It's all yay girls gays quotas ra ra ra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back