Remove this Banner Ad

the_interloper

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Maternal health nurses aren't doctors.

You'd be hard pressed to find a mother who hasn't had a negative experience with motherhood the moment they don't 'fit' the expected method of raising a child.

C-section? You didn't really give birth. Maybe next time.
Bottle feeding? You didn't really feed that child and experience that connection.

There's an enormous amount of pressure exerted on new mum's to breastfeed. It's horrendous for a mum who can't for whatever reason.

How your last sentence is relevant to breastfeeding and child birth, I have no idea.

And it's not just maternal health nurses that can cause issues, older women can be very judgy with new mothers, and very frequent with unsolicited advice. I know of a few of my mates who have had issues with their mum and their missus because of this.

owen87

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I've lost a child and a relationship, due to birthing complications. So don't ******* tell me I don't have enough experience.

So no experience with the thing we're talking about then, just being a dick when someone opens up about their experiences?

You can't ask for sympathy whilst being a dick to someone who's opening up about a difficult situation of their own.

owen87

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
And it's not just maternal health nurses that can cause issues, older women can be very judgy with new mothers, and very frequent with unsolicited advice. I know of a few of my mates who have had issues with their mum and their missus because of this.

Being a young parent is tough enough, being a young mum with all the pressure and judgement of doing it the 'right' way is horrible. Dad's get to bumble their way through and work it out themselves, mum's are expected to do it 100% right or get talked down to.

I've seen the toll it takes on a close family member, wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Chief

Chugging Adrenochrome
Dec 1, 1999
Gates' Payroll
AFL Club
Carlton
Are you talking about CM86 's questions?
No.

These:

Evolved1

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2013
The lockdown state
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Phil Ivey
My MIL refused to come into our house at one stage because of differences in parenting ideology.

Chief

Chugging Adrenochrome
Dec 1, 1999
Gates' Payroll
AFL Club
Carlton
'Twas ever thus. A friend's mum kept telling her that her baby was constantly crying because she was fussing over him.

Turns out he had chronic reflux and was in real pain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad