Society/Culture Feminism - Pt III

Remove this Banner Ad

Maternal health nurses aren't doctors.

You'd be hard pressed to find a mother who hasn't had a negative experience with motherhood the moment they don't 'fit' the expected method of raising a child.

C-section? You didn't really give birth. Maybe next time.
Bottle feeding? You didn't really feed that child and experience that connection.

There's an enormous amount of pressure exerted on new mum's to breastfeed. It's horrendous for a mum who can't for whatever reason.

How your last sentence is relevant to breastfeeding and child birth, I have no idea.

And it's not just maternal health nurses that can cause issues, older women can be very judgy with new mothers, and very frequent with unsolicited advice. I know of a few of my mates who have had issues with their mum and their missus because of this.

I've lost a child and a relationship, due to birthing complications. So don't ******* tell me I don't have enough experience.

So no experience with the thing we're talking about then, just being a dick when someone opens up about their experiences?

You can't ask for sympathy whilst being a dick to someone who's opening up about a difficult situation of their own.

And it's not just maternal health nurses that can cause issues, older women can be very judgy with new mothers, and very frequent with unsolicited advice. I know of a few of my mates who have had issues with their mum and their missus because of this.

Being a young parent is tough enough, being a young mum with all the pressure and judgement of doing it the 'right' way is horrible. Dad's get to bumble their way through and work it out themselves, mum's are expected to do it 100% right or get talked down to.

I've seen the toll it takes on a close family member, wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Are you talking about CM86 's questions?
No.

These:

My MIL refused to come into our house at one stage because of differences in parenting ideology.

'Twas ever thus. A friend's mum kept telling her that her baby was constantly crying because she was fussing over him.

Turns out he had chronic reflux and was in real pain.

Plus one to a nurse making my wife feel like crap about beast feeding. Just no scope for options with them on it (wife couldn't physically do it as they left placenta in during the C section).

Breastfeeding is just another religious zealot sect of society.

Great video on the manosphere, puck up artists, incels, all that horrible crud around the place. At first glance I think "it's worse than I thought", then I think "no dude you have been on the internet since Uni in the 90's. You know how bad it gets."

Lots of good info about who these people are, how they operate, how they manipulate stats, focus on fringe or edge cases. A bit of cringe music at the end.

Show your sons and friends.

Last edited:
I like a bit of irony. Bette Midler was trying to make a point about the Supreme Court but ends up sounding like a TERF.

Maybe she is a TERF, or maybe trans inclusion language sounds dehumanising to most people.

Oh that's a TERF point.
Nobody is saying Bette isn't a woman anymore.
Women aren't being erased. It's also not just trans inclusive given non binary people exist

Oh that's a TERF point.
Nobody is saying Bette isn't a woman anymore.
Women aren't being erased. It's also not just trans inclusive given non binary people exist
She might not be aware of it as language that's intended to be inclusive. It looks like she heard these terms somewhere and this is her first impression.

There seem to be more extremists within the trans movement than feminism afaict. I went down the rabbit hole yesterday and there's a whole 'nother world out there where people view the world entirely through gender with no account for sex. It's a view that provides an interesting take on sexuality for sure.

Why can't feminism be purely about female rights exclusive of trans rights? Some issues are purely related to sex, such as abortion, equality in sports, and safety based on physiological differences.

If that type of feminist is a TERF, I think the label is ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why can't feminism be purely about female rights exclusive of trans rights? Some issues are purely related to sex, such as abortion, equality in sports, and safety based on physiological differences.
We're in the middle of the "trans in sports" war. So that's a relevant feminist issue.

Do you think trans women don't have issues with personal safety that are akin to those of cis females? I think that generally they would. So that's a relevant feminist issue.

She might not be aware of it as language that's intended to be inclusive. It looks like she heard these terms somewhere and this is her first impression.
That would be because of all the media saying its not inclusive from the people trying to not be inclusive

There seem to be more extremists within the trans movement than feminism afaict. I went down the rabbit hole yesterday and there's a whole 'nother world out there where people view the world entirely through gender with no account for sex. It's a view that provides an interesting take on sexuality for sure.

If that type of feminist is a TERF, I think the label is ridiculous.
Abortion rights impact trans men and non Binary people that don't call themselves women.

Feminism benefits everyone if done properly.

We've had years of people complaining that feminism takes away rights from others...

Now, when people are pretending to use feminism, to try and restrict rights from others, they support feminism.

But... only against trans. Outside of that they still hate feminism.

How much money did people make selling "I'm not a feminist" tshirt?

We're in the middle of the "trans in sports" war. So that's a relevant feminist issue.
Yet, the loudest voices all seem to be males. If we are fighting for bio-female rights, why shouldn't they have the bigger say?
Do you think trans women don't have issues with personal safety that are akin to those of cis females? I think that generally they would. So that's a relevant feminist issue.
Not really. There are physiological differences between the two. Gender isn't nearly as relevant to strength as sex.

Trans women have safety concerns, but they're different to those of bio-females. I'm of the view that both concerns should be acknowledged and dealt with separately.

Yet, the loudest voices all seem to be males. If we are fighting for bio-female rights, why shouldn't they have the bigger say?

Not really. There are physiological differences between the two. Gender isn't nearly as relevant to strength as sex.

Trans women have safety concerns, but they're different to those of bio-females. I'm of the view that both concerns should be acknowledged and dealt with separately.
The point is, to cement and confirm that a trans woman is not a REAL WOMAN.

Cis women are real women.
Trans women are cosplay.

But that's now harder to say than it used to be, so now we're saying. "We just care about women's rights".

Oh. So this is a sort of circular begging of the question type thing?

Abortion rights impact trans men and non Binary people that don't call themselves women.

Feminism benefits everyone if done properly.
That's why I think feminism should be purely about sex with no regard for gender. Gender equality is a different fight.

Great video on the manosphere, puck up artists, incels, all that horrible crud around the place. At first glance I think "it's worse than I thought", then I think "no dude you have been on the internet since Uni in the 90's. You know how bad it gets."

Lots of good info about who these people are, how they operate, how they manipulate stats, focus on fringe or edge cases. A bit of cringe music at the end.

Show your sons and friends.

I think anyone insisting they're now supporting women's rights, should watch at least some of this. Even at increased speed.

The segment around r culture is destructive.

So all trans women are stronger than all women? That's obviously not true.

My friend's trans daughter who was quite tiny and went through transition with puberty blockers is in no way as strong as my own cis male son who is a year younger.

What are the differences? When you say "safety" I'm thinking safety from danger of assault etc. is that what you're talking about?

That's why I think feminism should be purely about sex with no regard for gender. Gender equality is a different fight.
I mean the white feminists said that s**t about civil rights back in the day.

Intersectionality matters, if you're cause isn't intersectional then it's not about human rights, just yours

The point is, to cement and confirm that a trans woman is not a REAL WOMAN.

Cis women are real women.
Trans women are cosplay.

But that's now harder to say than it used to be, so now we're saying. "We just care about women's rights".
That's your point, and it seems Chief and Gralin agree.

My stance is that female rights are being highjacked by the trans movement. Females have every right to separate themselves from trans women based on biological differences that affect them. I would think they should include trans men in their fight too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back