Toast Fergus Greene - Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

With the number 30 and blonde hair, it is kind of like watching Matthew Robbins again.
robbins-afl-retirement-620.jpg
Fergus+Greene+VFL+Rd+18+Essendon+v+Footscray+8qX9DwWhNezl.jpg

A few years in the gym away for mine :p

The email said at least until 2019, must be a trigger clause for more years.
Nah, that's always how they word it with extensions. Suspect he will be around long term but it is an important list management strategy to stagger when the list comes out of contract. The extra year means that both he and the club have security for next year but also allows the club to have maximum flexibility during trade period to utilise any cap space available which they will then fit Fergy around next year. I'm not as bothered by the short extension as most seem to be.

Apparently as soon as he got the offer he just took it. He didn’t want any fuss and just wanted to be at the dogs next year. There’s a good article in the Sun on him today.
Yeah I'm just wary of a kid who looks switched on and in ideal AFL shape getting a good preseason under his belt and making it far more expensive for us to re-up him again next year than if we just gave him a 2 year extension now.

Hes had what...9 shots at goal in 3 games? If he kicks 25-30 goals next year which is entirely possible, a one year deal becomes worse for our cap flexibility than better.

Yeah I'm just wary of a kid who looks switched on and in ideal AFL shape getting a good preseason under his belt and making it far more expensive for us to re-up him again next year than if we just gave him a 2 year extension now.

Hes had what...9 shots at goal in 3 games? If he kicks 25-30 goals next year which is entirely possible, a one year deal becomes worse for our cap flexibility than better.
Smart advice from his manager I'd say. Even if he has no intentions of going anywhere else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back