Festival of Footy - Round ... whatever we're up to - Other Game Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Only things he's ever done in finals is when he had Thompson's left overs. Not much different to Leon Cameron honestly and people bag him all the time.

Stephen Wells and the players should be commended more than he is imo.
Are you serious? GWS would have four flags with Scott as a coach. The lists are chalk and cheese. Leon Cameron has wasted a good part of the Giants prime.

Are you serious? GWS would have four flags with Scott as a coach. The lists are chalk and cheese. Leon Cameron has wasted a good part of the Giants prime.

Scott can't coach finals get your head around it.

They are consistently good coz they have a good culture driven by their leaders and players. Stephen Wells jags guns out of thin air all the time with underwhelming draft picks. Blicavs, Tim Kelly, Myers, Taylor etc...and lands big fish in free agency.

He's pretty much had all you could ask for as a coach from day dot.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
so we've belted 3 of the bottom 4 and the other 2 are 12th n 13th. need a couple top 8 scalps at some point. or better yet just play s**t and get Clarko in

Demondad

Debutant
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Scott can't coach finals get your head around it.

They are consistently good coz they have a good culture driven by their leaders and players. Stephen Wells jags guns out of thin air all the time with underwhelming draft picks. Blicavs, Tim Kelly, Myers, Taylor etc...and lands big fish in free agency.

He's pretty much had all you could ask for as a coach from day dot.
Don’t forget To add that shithole kardinia park

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Don’t forget To add that shithole kardinia park

KP is actually pretty nice these days - but I actually think it has been the albatross around their neck - it hides their deficiencies and is a big part of the failures in finals Ibeleive

I actually think this could help Geelong this year ironically as they have not that crutch

Stanley as ruck is a weak link

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood playing pretty average lately with injuries, Resting Moore and Treloar our injured, an upset could be on cards tonight I reckon.

Collingwood playing pretty average lately with injuries, Resting Moore and Treloar our injured, an upset could be on cards tonight I reckon.
The Crows seem to be sniffing a win too. Were close with us most of the game, and Essendon too. Collingwood should win but as you say have been very ordinary lately and with their outs Adelaide have an ok chance and if they hang around I reckon can snatch it in a scrap.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
If they lose tonight and we beat them on Sat we’ll jump them into the 8. I think the morale boost of that to us would be huge.
put the pipe down no way we can make the 8 with all winnable games left. we win our next 2 and bombers get over saints and brissie beat em we'll jump them same as if GWS lose to westcoast we'll jump them also. if all that happens in next 2 weeks we'll be sitting 6th. doubt it'll go down like that but no way are we out of it.

Last edited:

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
put the pipe down no way we can make the 8 with all winnable games left. we win our next 2 and bombers get over saints and brissie beat em we'll jump them same as if GWS lose to westcoast we'll jump them also. if all that happens in next 2 weeks we'll be sitting 6th. doubt it won't go down like that but no way are we out of it.

mate you saying he has a pipe but you agree with him?

10 wins will get in has been my thesis all year.
Would love to see a ‘who still has to play who’ list - I know ours but for the life of me can’t work out others.

And for that 10 win mark we need to win 5 of:
Collingwood
WB
Freo
Sydney
GWS
St Kilda
Essendon

Freo and Sydney should be wins. If we can win 3 of Pies, Dons, GWS and WB we will get there.

10 wins will get in has been my thesis all year.
Would love to see a ‘who still has to play who’ list - I know ours but for the life of me can’t work out others.

And for that 10 win mark we need to win 5 of:
Collingwood
WB
Freo
Sydney
GWS
St Kilda
Essendon

Freo and Sydney should be wins. If we can win 3 of Pies, Dons, GWS and WB we will get there.
Dogs are hopeless, if we lose to them we deserve to miss finals. Same with Essendon. Pies and GWS will beat us on their day. St Kilda is a true 60-40 their way if both sides show up.

Oct 19, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Looking at that list we should be able to win 5/7 - but the most optimistic i can imagine is winning 4 and dropping 3.

Every team on that list has played some MFC level abysmal football this year.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
If the Freo and Swans games are on their home decks, both those aren't gimme's. I think we're going to find it very hard because we just can't find a way to beat the good sides. So GWS, Pies and Saints realistically will beat us. We're a chance in all the other games, but can see us dropping at least 1 of those. We really had to sneak one of the Lions/Cats games to be a red hot chance. I mean, if the Pies win tonight, then beat us on Saturday, they will be 10pts ahead of us. If we upset the Pies ill start to believe we're a genuine chance..

Back