Mod. Notice Festival of the Red Card

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're a very relaxed board in comparrison to others Duck. Those posters will be back soon enough, hopefully with posting that doesn't attract further holidays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can't wait to see TW13 this afternoon.. I'm givnig him 30mins before being banned again ;)

He may last a few hours, depending on when the mods find that post to infract. But his red card will come from one of his first 5 posts.

I will give him 5 posts before he's gone.

So why is there such an imbalance between the mods as to who hands out the red cards.

Why is it that one moderator finds so many more offences than the others?

There are a number of reasons such as spending more time on the forums and reading more posts/reports, individual interpretatiojn and the key one - level of pay relating to the specific target levels each have to reach :) and to those reckoning this board is strict, arguably the Carlton board is seen as the strictest on Big Footy.

Probably the one doing the most work.

I think there's a good balance on the board as to how much gets carded. We do try not to infract people, but you get sick of issuing the same warnings.

So why is there such an imbalance between the mods as to who hands out the red cards.

Why is it that one moderator finds so many more offences than the others?

If you poke the bear, you're going to expect a few scratches.

I don't know about SP but TW_13 almost eggs Vader on to red card him. Read some of his stuff.

There are a number of reasons such as spending more time on the forums and reading more posts/reports, individual interpretatiojn and the key one - level of pay relating to the specific target levels each have to reach :) and to those reckoning this board is strict, arguably the Carlton board is seen as the strictest on Big Footy.

Big Jack says "Pigs Arse" :D:)

If you poke the bear, you're going to expect a few scratches.

I don't know about SP but TW_13 almost eggs Vader on to red card him. Read some of his stuff.

I agree with your sentiment, but having seen some of the stuff that has seen people carded (and permananetly banned) I am far from convinced that some moderators dont use their position more than others.

All in all, I'm really not trying to turn this into my hobby horse, Im just sick of seeing the same people carded over and over again for things that one moderator out of three sees as a problem.

There has been a very consistent theme in so many of the red cards lately that I remain unconvinced that the issue is not partly moderator related, partly poster related.

The board needs a diverse range of posters, believe it or not the board is much more interesting when TW13, SP, CM and the likes are around. We will be a much poorer board if these type of posters are hunted into extinction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back