FEVALENKO receives the Allen Ayllett Medal..

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola is the best set shot at goal since Lockett ..
Apart from his incredible marking ability, I am in awe of his kicking ability ..
He is a very rare and elite player ..

I Love This Bloke And I'm Not Afraid To Say It....

I Love Aylett Medals... Especially People Who Are Long Shots From Winning It... I"m On A Canary So I Can't Say How Much...

The one-handed mark early in the game was incredibly good- you knew from then on he was in for a top game. The goal from outside 50 on boundary was exactly the same position as the one he got against Melbourne- was always gonna slot that. :)

It may be finally sinking in with Fev not to worry about whats happening around you just focus on your own game. His body language of late has been good on the field and seems to be enjoying his footy again. He may have mended some of the bridges he burnt in Ireland and is working to get respect back from his peers at other clubs. He would still be hurting from that and he did himself proud last night.

Great to see, received a great reception from the crowd, Well deserved :thumbsu::D
That's the thing I noticed most. During the pre-season, everyone hated Fevola, so it was very interesting to hear the majority of them cheering him on for once!

That's the thing I noticed most. During the pre-season, everyone hated Fevola, so it was very interesting to hear the majority of them cheering him on for once!

Did Fev cop a fair bit of support from the crowd? If so that would have been a nice change for him to receive as he is one player that cops it big time from the opposition supporters. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i noticed when he kicked the goals even collingwood supporters were cheering him as well as alot of other non carlton supporters were well least the Victorian ones ;) didn't fev high five brown? after he kicked one of his goals as they do during nornal H&A games high five players close to him
i thought if fev kicks 5 or 6 goals he'll get it shame they didn;t have one for the best player for the losing side ;)
have ya noticed his mucsles in his arms and Legs no wonder he's got such a good goal range

this week will make it interesting I'm sure if Fev keeps this up we'll win alot more games :)

Did Fev cop a fair bit of support from the crowd? If so that would have been a nice change for him to receive as he is one player that cops it big time from the opposition supporters. :thumbsu:
He was cheered like you wouldn't believe! More than when Bradshaw marked, more than when Brown marked! It was unbelievable.

Thought the medal was going to be a toss up between Goodes and Fevola. Just a truly great performance by Fev last night. Great to see a Carlton man play so well on the big stage.

Scarlett anyone, I need to watch the game again but 1st viewing I thought he was outstanding.

He held together an ordinary defence.

Brent Harvey was joint BOG with the Fev, for mine.

EDIT: And on another note, I've just realized I've notched up "Addict" status. :D

How many posts required for addict status? Will you be aiming for hopeless crackhead next?

Was anyone else surprised that Fevola got the loudest cheer (and by a fair margin) every time he went near the ball on Saturday night?

Not in the slightest was I surprised.

Look outside the general BF population and you'll find that most people actually appreciate the talent of Brendan Fevola.

Most people, putting Carlton hatred aside, actually love watching Fev out on the footy field. Coupled with the fact that he was representing the Big V in Victoria, I expected him to be cheered as he was.

IIRC, Fev got a few Boo's when he was introduced at the start of the game.....
I am pretty sure that quite a few of those Boo's turned into cheers by the middle of the game....while Fev was putting on one of his great performances.

Well done Fev..... it was a pleasure watching you last Saturday night & the medal was well deserved :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back