Fewster and Dodd Axed

Remove this Banner Ad

FreoDocker

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2001
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Brendan Fewster and Brad Dodd have been delisted today and Brad Bootsma has announced his retirement.

Welldone to the boys, they have done well for the club and although they haven't had many oppertunities this year, they have played some good footy for Freo.

Good luck with your football futures fellas.

To the three guys, thanks for your efforts and good luck for the future. You are forever part of the Freo family.

But basically, thank goodness some of the dead wood is being cut.

So we have lost:

Metropolis
Kickett
Norrish
Eastaugh
Bootmsa
Dodd
Fewster
Michael

I can only see two or three more players getting delisted... Shipp, Toia and Thornton.

I think they will see if they can get a trade for them first. Other possible trade options would be Walker, Haddrill, T. Longmuir, Cunningham, McPhee and perhaps Leigh Brown.

I would keep everyone else at the squad.

Originally posted by Kenny_01
So we have lost:

Metropolis
Kickett
Norrish
Eastaugh
Bootmsa
Dodd
Fewster
Michael

I can only see two or three more players getting delisted... Shipp, Toia and Thornton.

I think they will see if they can get a trade for them first. Other possible trade options would be Walker, Haddrill, T. Longmuir, Cunningham, McPhee and perhaps Leigh Brown.

I would keep everyone else at the squad.
Kenny_01,

Luke Toia has asked to be traded and is looking at playing for Hawthorn next year.

Originally posted by prized bitch
I thought you were related to Luke Toia Suzi??:(

She "thought" so too....:D

Get rid of Waterhouse and you might start to get somewhere......

Sabre get off it. Clive will never kick 60 goals in a season. He can't kick straight for starters and would no longer be the first target up forward. With Farmer, Medhurst, Croad and Longmuir in the forward line, he would be lucky to kick 35 for the season next year.

Originally posted by i_luv_westcoast
Sabre get off it. Clive will never kick 60 goals in a season. He can't kick straight for starters and would no longer be the first target up forward. With Farmer, Medhurst, Croad and Longmuir in the forward line, he would be lucky to kick 35 for the season next year.

I'll take 35.

Sabre get off it. Clive will never kick 60 goals in a season.
Sigh, lets not let the Facts interrupt a good story will we, my dear.

Have a look at his 2000 season

53.31 - decent kicking, and lo and behold, without playing the full 22 games, damn close to 60 - wow, who'd have thunk it.

He can't kick straight for starters and would no longer be the first target up forward. With Farmer, Medhurst, Croad and Longmuir in the forward line, he would be lucky to kick 35 for the season next year.
I too would take 35 goals happily.

Not being the main target, also means he isnt getting the main defender ... surely that has to be a good thing?

WOW kuepper, and how many were out on the full? Clive is a dodgy kick at the best of times. We all know it and getting the stats from one season really proves nothing.

Yeah, after all, noone can turn around their dodgy kicking now, can they?...

Oh, and I believe Kuep's stat quoting was in reply to your "Clive will never kick 60 goals in a season"...and I think that stat shows that what you said was dodgier than Clives kicking...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOW kuepper, and how many were out on the full? Clive is a dodgy kick at the best of times. We all know it and getting the stats from one season really proves nothing.
Well it proves you are full of ****, for one.

I for one dont think he is that bad a kick - and lo and behold the stats back it up ... but i guess I, and stats, are wrong - and you are right.

You quite clearly bleat about 60 goals, get proven wrong, then decide to dredge up 'how many out on the full' - i mean please, just say sorry, admit you were wrong, and move on - I wont think any less of you ... there's a good girl.

And Scal, long time no see my good man, how are you - hope all is well.

Firstly im not a girl you stupid idiot. Secondly the stats prove he hasn't kicked 60 goals in a season. Don't know where you did maths but 53 does not equal 60 in my book. Thirdly Clive is a shocking kick. From 30 metres out directly in front he is just as likely to miss it than kick it. With the current forward line he has no hope in hell of kicking 60 goals.

Oh my bad, the 'luv' in your name led me astray.

That, and the fact you argue against the facts like my girlfriend, fail to see reason like any woman, and certainly sook like a petulant bitch as well - my bad.

Oh - is there any other type of idiot, other than a stupid one - clever idiot, or intelligent idiot just dont seem to work ... but ill take stupid idiot nonetheless.

Either way: 53.31.

Waterhouses biggest problem all his career is the fact he has had to get the number one defender and was usually double teamed.
The fact he isnt the number one forward anymore suggests his best is yet to come.
Further more he is a impact player and I understand will never be consistent.
If he turns it on he can kick 3 in as many minuets and frankly when longmuir becomes more consistent and Medhurst thats all we require of Waterhouse.
He will be the most dangerous in our forward line due to his marking skills and so is a target.

If he plays all season I would expect at least 40 out of him.
Amdit this forward line is pretty intimidating

Waterhouse Croad Farmer
Medhurst Longmuir Polak

Agree with most of what you said Sabre, but I don't think he will kick 40 goals next year.

Kuepper I really don't know what your problem is. You keep on arguing about the stats from one season which prove that he didn't kick 60 goals. Get his stats for his career. As far as im concerned and all the docker supporters I know, he is a bad kick. He gets the hard ones, but struggles with the easier shots on goal. He is a very frustrating player.

Originally posted by sabre_ac
Waterhouses biggest problem all his career is the fact he has had to get the number one defender and was usually double teamed.
The fact he isnt the number one forward anymore suggests his best is yet to come.
Further more he is a impact player and I understand will never be consistent.
If he turns it on he can kick 3 in as many minuets and frankly when longmuir becomes more consistent and Medhurst thats all we require of Waterhouse.
He will be the most dangerous in our forward line due to his marking skills and so is a target.

If he plays all season I would expect at least 40 out of him.
Amdit this forward line is pretty intimidating

Waterhouse Croad Farmer
Medhurst Longmuir Polak

Nice forward line, Sabre. Do you think Polak will end up playing down back though?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back