FFA CEO David Gallop Quits - Officially Gone!!

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Well now that a thread has been created might as well repost the article

David Gallop to stand down as FFA CEO on 31 December 2019

The Chairman of Football Federation Australia (FFA) Chris Nikou today announced that David Gallop AM had given notice of his intention to stand down from the role of Chief Executive Officer and agreed to depart FFA on 31 December 2019.
The FFA board has thanked David for his significant contribution to FFA and the game and for signalling his intention early, allowing for there to be a considered search to find a suitable candidate for what will be a reshaped role in 2020.
Chris Nikou said: “David has provided strong and distinguished leadership over a long period and particularly through a difficult last few years for FFA as we have managed the governance and structural changes around the game. Working together for the next six months, we will continue to reposition FFA for ongoing success. While he will be with us for some time yet, David will leave us with our respect and sincerest best wishes for continued success in the next stage of his career.”
“The timing of David’s decision is predicated on the recent progress of the New Leagues Working Group with regards to determining the future governance model for Australia’s Professional Football Leagues and FFA,” Mr Nikou said.
David Gallop said: “It has been an honour to lead FFA for the last seven years. Football is the true world game and many Australians from all backgrounds want to see it grow bigger and stronger in the decades to come. From the Caltex Socceroos and the Westfield Matildas to the vast participation base of men, women, boys and girls who love to kick a football there are so many wonderful ways to enjoy the sport.”

“With the NLWG recommendations to bring about fundamental changes to Australia’s professional competitions – the Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League and Foxtel Y-League (the Leagues) and FFA, the chief executive’s role as it currently exists will be a very different, narrower role. It makes sense for everyone to have time to openly determine what that new role and new leadership looks like. “
“It has been very satisfying to be part of so many important moments including the introduction of the FFA Cup, winning the AFC Asian Cup, participating in the FIFA Women’s World Cup & FIFA World Cups, securing a record six-year media rights deal with Fox Sports, strengthening the financial aspects of women’s football, adding expansion teams to the Hyundai A-League and growing the huge participation base of the game.”
“There are challenges given the expectations that are created by the global mirror that is held up to the game in this country’s competitive sporting landscape, but enormous growth opportunities are available if the stakeholders are united.”
“My aim is to ensure there is a seamless transition, with minimal interruption to the good work of the very many people in the Member Federations, the Leagues, the NPL and community clubs who work so hard to deliver on the game’s extensive agenda.”
“I extend my sincere thanks to Chris and the current board as well as the past chairmen and board members who gave me the opportunity to lead a wonderful team of talented, passionate and dedicated people at FFA.”
“There is plenty of work to be done including the finalisation of our bid to host the FIFA Women’s World Cup in 2023. It would be fantastic on so many levels if Australia could secure such a huge football tournament and world event.”

I want to know where does this leave the FFA? and what type of CEO would the FFA be after? who would be some strong candidates?
I'm hoping someone with some football Knowledge for a change.

Just about anyone is a step up from Gallop.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I want to know where does this leave the FFA? and what type of CEO would the FFA be after? who would be some strong candidates?
I'm hoping someone with some football Knowledge for a change.
Due to the independence of the A League I would be surprised to see a high profile candidate come in. Which in my opinion is a good thing. Would love to see a football person with business acumen rather than someone from another sport to be honest.

Back