FFC in conjunction with the WAFC sidelines the voice of Fremantle supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 6, 2007
Florence
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Exers
Just noticed with some disbelief that the 2 member elected positions on the Fremantle board will be no more, in a constitutional change to FFC.

This is a ceding of control of the club to the WAFC and a marginalisation of member's voice in the operation of the club.

Clearly we can only be useful in providing funds for the club and not direction. I guess we will have to be happy with our key rings, lanyard holders and filling out a survey form each year.

I'd be interested to hear others' thoughts on this matter. Apologies if this has been covered previously.

I don’t like the premise of it, but given the popular name always one (mostly ex players etc) I don’t mind.

The establishment of the member reps is a good idea I reckon.

Also find it interesting how they made a significant point it aligns us West Coast - for better or worse

Just noticed with some disbelief that the 2 member elected positions on the Fremantle board will be no more, in a constitutional change to FFC.

This is a ceding of control of the club to the WAFC and a marginalisation of member's voice in the operation of the club.

Clearly we can only be useful in providing funds for the club and not direction. I guess we will have to be happy with our key rings, lanyard holders and filling out a survey form each year.

I'd be interested to hear others' thoughts on this matter. Apologies if this has been covered previously.

Emotionally I understand it doesn't look good, but realistically it's kind of like the whole coaching thread - the vast majority of members have no idea what is required to run a multi million dollar business and it becomes a popularity contest ala Trump or Boris.
I would rather the board was appointed from suitable candidates.

I don't think a member would ever get a spot if anyone who had a recognisable name from playing days had their name up.
That has been the case in recent years, but what is to come we don't know.

This is an erosion of our ownership of the club, we should all be dead against this.

We might as well change the name of the club to the FFF, with the last letter standing for Franchise.

Emotionally I understand it doesn't look good, but realistically it's kind of like the whole coaching thread - the vast majority of members have no idea what is required to run a multi million dollar business and it becomes a popularity contest ala Trump or Boris.
I would rather the board was appointed from suitable candidates.
Lets not forget that the members only elect 2 people to the board, the majority being anointed by the WAFC (at least I think that's how it works).

Hardly overwhelmingly decisive in the direction of the club, but it's better than nothing - which is what we will have now.

It was the differential between us and the mob up the road. The members elected board member has been hi jacked since Ben Allen’s election. Every other MEBM has been a no contest hence an appointment. Not one MEBM has had the members interest as there main focus, they jumped on the gravy train from the start. I’m surprised it’s taken this long to abolish it, the two Steve’s would be proud. This is one disfunctional outfit.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does anyone know if other clubs have members on their board? Does this just align FFC with the industry standard? Not arguing for or against. Just curious...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back