FFE - Media Watch

kickazz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
So on the AFL app:

"A game that could of gone each way. Sydney had 50 more disposals, but Geelong were better in the contest winning clearances 18-7 and contested possessions 62-44 after half time."

Could OF gone EACH way? Have, either.

I can handle "could of" here and there on Big Footy, but an actual journalist? I think the AFL sacked the wrong people this year.

GetDimmaBack

BigFooty Librarian
Mar 30, 2008
Gippsland via Braybrook
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Sunderland, Phillip Island Dogs
My admiration for the Hun has grown exponentially this year.

Somehow, they've managed to find something headline worthy about Essendon every couple of days. On occasion, there have been multiple double page spreads on the same day.

...and this for a team that finished 16th.

To Robbo et al, great work! You've come up with so many mind numbing banalities so regularly that I'm beginning to think you're a bunch of fantasy novellists on a mission from the AFL.

Then I remember that the Hun is pitched at a grade 4 level of comprehension

And suddenly, it all becomes clear...

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
Somehow, they've managed to find something headline worthy about Essendon every couple of days. On occasion, there have been multiple double page spreads on the same day.

...and this for a team that finished 16th.
Haven't been following the news, has anyone at Essendon been seen wearing a hat?

Big Blood

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt
RF today. Not one not two but three opinion pieces on the Pies. The only opinion pieces on the page. Coincidentally written by two Pies supporters.

I know the Age is just a shadow of itself but at least try to pretend there are issues beyond your staffers' favourite club and, who knows, maybe even outside Victoria

pies.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Top Bottom