FFE - Media Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

footysa

Rookie
Mar 24, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Watching Footy Classified on Monday night Garry Lyon made a quip that Fox Footy Coverage is best in AFL! Hardly surprising seeing as Nine hate 7 & 10 who have the broadcast rights that they once had. Also doesn't Packer PBL own around 25% of Foxtel? I know that was the case 3 years ago when the rights went back to 7. How about next time he accompanies any such pro-Fox comments with a proviso that his employer is a significant shareholder of Foxtel.

Garry's actually been making this comment quite a bit recently on Classified. Another point to make, Foxtel and Fox Sports have been significant sponsors of the channel Nine football shows in recent years.

More H-S top shelf work

Sure, "Len" Hayes and Adam "Schnider" might be simple oversights or typos, but "Jason" Koschitzke?

It's the easiest part of his name, and they still got it wrong?! :rolleyes:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/syd.../story-e6frf33l-1225958762203?from=public_rss
Matt Spangher's last memory of the Swans is copping a right hook from Barry Hall, but the draftee is now looking for Sydney success.
No Adrian, that was Brent Staker. Which he does state later in the same article.
Spangher could hardly forget his 2008 AFL debut against the Swans - what he jokingly refers to as that "infamous" game.
It was the match at ANZ Stadium in which Barry Hall flattened Eagles defender Brent Staker with a punch replayed countless times on television.

Herald Sun today in their TV lift out section Switched On page 5, under the locker room section Daniel Hoy says "Given the quality of some of the sides in this year's World Cup, expect to see someone make the first one-day international double century. My money is on Chris Gayle...".

Herald Sun today in their TV lift out section Switched On page 5, under the locker room section Daniel Hoy says "Given the quality of some of the sides in this year's World Cup, expect to see someone make the first one-day international double century. My money is on Chris Gayle...".
Great pick-up!
Tell Hoy that Tendulkar says hello.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 27, 2004
Dr Geoffrey Edelsten's jacuzzi
AFL Club
Carlton
Worsfold taking new coaching approach Caroline Wilson

Chris Judd might have quit the club but the retreating skipper's insistence that the Eagles receive a decent trade for him was reinforced by Luke Shuey's NAB Rising Star form, Josh Kennedy's emergence and the impressive Chris Masten.

Worsfold taking new coaching approach Caroline Wilson

Judd and pick 46 (Dennis Armfield) were traded for Josh Kennedy plus picks three (Chris Masten) and 20 (Tony Notte) in the 2007 draft.

Luke Shuey was pick 18 in the 2008 draft.

Good work Caro.

jabbathehut

Debutant
Oct 7, 2007
sweet home chicago
AFL Club
Carlton
noticed in todays herald-sun the headline "split bench mooted" written by mark stevens and jackie epstein.

the article starts by saying "A switch to 3 interchange players and a single substitute has emerged as an option as debate rages about capping rotations"

ok, fair enough statement.

but then further on in the article "AFL football operations manage adrian anderson did not rule out the 3 interchange/1 substitute option when the herald-sun put it to him, but stopped short of saying it was in the mix ahead of nexts months laws of the game committee meeting"

stevens/epstein "hey adrian, what about 3 interchange/1 sub as an idea?"
anderson "yeah sure mate great idea.......d###head" :rolleyes:
stevens/epstein "omg my idea is in the mix, theres an article in that lol"

you are correct, will never happen

ARES

Cancelled
Apr 6, 2005
Live for footy
AFL Club
Richmond
Rebecca Wilson has written this article like she surfs LU

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ion-rights-fight/story-e6frext9-1226047108953

It's true that league is in a rosier position, ratings-wise, than AFL, being marginally ahead on national television ratings and holding an edge on pay television, too.

An astonishing 77 of the top 100 programs on Foxtel are NRL matches

Since when??

I am certain AFL rated better in the GF, finals and round by round...

Everyon eknows Foxtel had the worst games of AFL televised as oppossed to the better games for NRL...don't they take this into consideration?

The network's kingpin, Lachlan Murdoch, is a league nut. Ten is in dire need of advertising revenue and ratings. It has suffered badly this year through its failed foray into news and current affairs. League may well be the answer.

No AR was the answer...
3 breaks ( one major ) in AR as opposed to one major break only in RL
120 minutes of game with adv breaks after every goal as opposed to 80 minutes with adv break only at a try...

The AFL has once again set the benchmark, even though its product, on paper, is worth less than the NRL's.

Not sure what she is on about here...needs elaborating...

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
i wouldn't worry too much about what league scribes write. how often do you see an aussie rules journo poke his nose into league business?? pretty rare... it's generally a sign of who is more comfortable with their own sports varying positions...

i don't even know why they go on the attack so often. league is a fine position. lets say it was awarded 900mil for 5 years at the next negotiations. if they aren't capable of looking after the game with that sort of money then they are in serious trouble.

chardonnay

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2010
east of Widgiemooltha
AFL Club
West Coast
i wouldn't worry too much about what league scribes write. how often do you see an aussie rules journo poke his nose into league business?? pretty rare... it's generally a sign of who is more comfortable with their own sports varying positions...

i don't even know why they go on the attack so often. league is a fine position. lets say it was awarded 900mil for 5 years at the next negotiations. if they aren't capable of looking after the game with that sort of money then they are in serious trouble.

Facts are Rebecca Wilson holds a unique position in reporting all sport in Australia, she knows what is being said on the inside at News (not just the Aus but also the Herald Sun), at Fox, & at 9.

To suggest she is a league scribe seriously questions your claims.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_Wilson#Personal_life

CharlieMortdecai

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Facts are Rebecca Wilson holds a unique position in reporting all sport in Australia, she knows what is being said on the inside at News (not just the Aus but also the Herald Sun), at Fox, & at 9.

To suggest she is a league scribe seriously questions your claims.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_Wilson#Personal_life

Be that as it may, she has always struck me as a very biased RL crusader or apologist as necessary.

Your link shows her work as a panellist on TFS - I can assure you it was not the AFL version, and most of her commentary that I have seen on other football codes has been from the NRL perspective.

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
Oct 16, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
John Ralph article on Leon Cameron.

Begins his piece with:

RODNEY Eade should coach the Western Bulldogs next year because he is an outstanding leader of men who has a proven track record.

Did not know what to make of this line a couple of sentences later, is it a very poor attempt at a joke?

He has brought sexy back at Whitten Oval, keeping a low-profile club in the media day after day.

He then states that Leon Cameron spent 7 years at the Bulldogs as an assistant coach and is now in his first year at Hawthorn, yet then captions his accompanying photo with:

Western Bullldogs assistant coach Leon Cameron is an outstanding leader of men with a proven track record.

He isn't an assistant coach at Western Bulldogs anymore, and repeats word for word what he said about Rocket in his opening sentence.

Then he finishes with a bang, calling Liam Shiels, Luke.

He has been a key factor in the development of youngsters like Luke Shiels, Shane Savage, and Luke Bruest.
Extremely lazy journalism.

Jul 6, 2006
Hong Kong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This from the age/smh

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/suns-far-too-slow-to-rise-20110611-1fylj.htm
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/suns-far-too-slow-to-rise-20110611-1fylj.html
art-svMCCARTHY-420x0.jpg

"On the move: North Melbourne's Patrick McCarthy baulks to evade the clutches of Suns defender Steven May. Photo: Steve Holland"

Levi Greenwood has been called "Greenhead" now he is Patrick McCarthy

Sloppy from Caroline Wilson's Staff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back