FFE - Media Watch

david addison

Team Captain
Feb 3, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Apparently the magpies are showing interest in a couple of mature age players. Mitch Cleary thinks Buckley is hijacking list management to save his own career. I couldn't find a picture of Mitch, so instead here's a picture of his brain:

stock-photo-mealworm-for-bird-feed-is-high-protein-257741320.jpg

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond

BartBart

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 30, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
So a Collingwood administrator and Nick Riewoldt retire & the AFL do a live coverage of the press conference.

Scott Thompson (300+ gamer), Matt Priddis (Brownlow Medalist), Sam Mitchell (300+ games, Brownlow Medallist)... no live coverage.

Too cynical to suggest it is because the AFL is only interested in covering Victorian clubs?

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
ABC Grandstand AFL fail.
Instead of loading correct 19th August files for The Saturday Agenda & The Press Room, they have loaded last week's 13th August files again. Oops.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/sport/programs/afl/

Edit: correct files uploaded this morning. Thanks ABC:thumbsu:

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
The contest provided some superb one-on-one contests starting in ruck. The Demons found a gem in James Harmes to quell the brilliance of Rory Sloane, while Nathan Jones and Ross Gibbs seemed to nullify each other. Riley Knight did very well to restrict Clayton Oliver early, but the young Melbourne gun

Canberra times and probably most of fairfax too.

Ross Gibbs , Bryces’s secret twin ?

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Ok, this isn't footy, but I don't think there's a general media thread for this.
Who the FAR'K is this guy who popped onto the Ch 9 Melbourne news the other night while Brett McLeod presenting it? :D I assume he's from an interstate or regional Ch 9 studio, and someone pressed the wrong button

david addison

Team Captain
Feb 3, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I saw Fasolo on channel 9 news tonight, apologising for breaking his own arm. Strange. I'd apologise if I broke someone else's arm. But my own? I don't know. I've never apologised after hurting myself. Usually I go to hospital and family and friends gather around for support. Never have they said 'you need to go on the evening news and apologise for what you've done'. Generally they just give me flowers, and get well cards. Maybe a balloon if I'm lucky.

CIA overthrows Venezuelan govt this weekend, but 7 have footage of Sam Newman having a go at some skateboarders. This is why 7 News is the funniest show on TV. If it had a laugh track, it would win logies for best comedy.

Nicky Del writes off the Hawks in January. This tells me 2 things. One - the Hawks will probably be premiers. Two - Nicky has graduated to arsehole status.
No get well card to Wines from Kane Cornes. Merciless. Same status as Nicky.

We're off and running. It's all downhill from here.

david addison

Team Captain
Feb 3, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
'The Pies never travel'. Nicole Livingstone thought a bit of controversy would boost the gate down at the cattery for the opening game of the women's league. Maybe she's right. I don't know. I'm not in marketing. What I do know is that it was only January, and January is too early for s**t talking. I don't want to hear 'collywobbles', 'toothless fans' or 'the Pies don't travel' until March at the earliest. So Nicole, STFU. If you have to use 'Pies don't travel' to sell the game, it's probably doomed.

'Hopefully Weir can work his way through these troubles.' A journo actually said that. I thought there were a lot of compromised journos during the Hird fiasco, but this is even worse. This guy's got buddies everywhere. Andrew Rule was desperate to use the word 'if', and it reminded me of Quartermaine's 'big if' on the evening news when the bombers drug scandal broke. Jennifer Keyte was karma for his 'big if'. Should have just read the news Steve, instead of editorialising. People are outraged by a couple of jiggers? Really? Jiggers have never killed a single horse, unlike, say, The Melbourne Cup. When I first heard about Weir's exploits, I was on the treadmill at the gym, watching a news report on one of the many TV's. I was running on the treadmill, watching one of his horses running on a treadmill, and I thought 'that is animal cruelty!' That horse has no TV to watch while he's working out. I don't know how on earth he switches the thing off when he's finished. Maybe the off button is down near his hoof. I don't know. Anyway, I didn't realise I was asking these questions out loud, and my gym instructor, who has no sense of humour whatsoever, crept up behind me and stuck a nail right in the back of my neck. Mother ******. Vote Animal Justice Party.

david addison

Team Captain
Feb 3, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I almost forgot. Mr. Rule also explained that the horses were shocked while training 'just to make them try a bit harder.' Thanks Andrew. Incredible insight. It's my understanding that Andrew uses the same methods on his kids to make them study harder. When they slack off, he gets out the nail gun, the electrodes and the whip, and damned if those kids don't get straight A's.

Back