Melbourne
Carlton saviour is alive
A5DC22F4-2745-4077-AEB8-5E7F7591032A.png

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
So on the AFL app:

"A game that could of gone each way. Sydney had 50 more disposals, but Geelong were better in the contest winning clearances 18-7 and contested possessions 62-44 after half time."

Could OF gone EACH way? Have, either.

I can handle "could of" here and there on Big Footy, but an actual journalist? I think the AFL sacked the wrong people this year.

My admiration for the Hun has grown exponentially this year.

Somehow, they've managed to find something headline worthy about Essendon every couple of days. On occasion, there have been multiple double page spreads on the same day.

...and this for a team that finished 16th.

To Robbo et al, great work! You've come up with so many mind numbing banalities so regularly that I'm beginning to think you're a bunch of fantasy novellists on a mission from the AFL.

Then I remember that the Hun is pitched at a grade 4 level of comprehension

And suddenly, it all becomes clear...

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
Somehow, they've managed to find something headline worthy about Essendon every couple of days. On occasion, there have been multiple double page spreads on the same day.

...and this for a team that finished 16th.

Haven't been following the news, has anyone at Essendon been seen wearing a hat?

Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt
RF today. Not one not two but three opinion pieces on the Pies. The only opinion pieces on the page. Coincidentally written by two Pies supporters.

I know the Age is just a shadow of itself but at least try to pretend there are issues beyond your staffers' favourite club and, who knows, maybe even outside Victoria

pies.png

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
SEN NSW can't even be arsed to feature the Sydney Derby...just a copy paste from their Vic site regarding AFL.

not sure why I'm expected to tune into then for my NSW sports updates.

Sleutheren

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Good article. Well researched. I also think the Devil's assistant coach Adam Ize would be a good fit for Collingwood.
Also nice to see West Coast great Peter Smith get a mention. Sorry - Schmich.

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
Good article. Well researched. I also think the Devil's assistant coach Adam Ize would be a good fit for Collingwood.
Also nice to see West Coast great Peter Smith get a mention. Sorry - Schmich.

I suspect that's a satire site, or the works of someone who's mentally ill. A quick look at another sports article here show's they're consistently bad writers, rather than it being a one off article.

"Two spectators were sent off after abusing a New Zealand player who played against New Zealand in a showpiece match in Southampton in the World Test Championship final on Tuesday."

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Reporters used travel to report on games, have opinions relevant to the teams/ the comp ...
Just really pathetic effort. I'm also extremely pissed off at Sydney sports media who failed to put in any effort at all. Clearly.

Is it because all the AFL media articles are sourced from Melbourne now? Staff cuts? All of the above? I just don't know. But 1 person is just a freaking disgrace.

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
Just really pathetic effort. I'm also extremely pissed off at Sydney sports media who failed to put in any effort at all. Clearly.

Is it because all the AFL media articles are sourced from Melbourne now? Staff cuts? All of the above? I just don't know. But 1 person is just a freaking disgrace.
Quashes this idea that the afl media is Melbourne centric because of some anti interstate bias. No, its because the other states media aren't turning up

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Quashes this idea that the afl media is Melbourne centric because of some anti interstate bias. No, its because the other states media aren't turning up
Rupert & Nine own the NRL, they are not going to lose their earner by overing AFL when 99% of the articles produced in SMH & Telegraph are regurgitated articles from Vic.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

The local media simply take the AFL media feed? Thats the AFL administration in control mode.

Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Back