Resource FFGenie 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure if its just me, but the sites provided could really use a guide on how to get it running. Still can't figure it out.

Edit: seems to be a problem with java/firefox

sorry if this is noob question but is it possible to compare players in genie? atm i can only figure out how to have only 1 players stats up at a time.. would like to be able to compare price fluctuations by having both or more players on the screen at once thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not directly. There are a few ways to do this

1 open the filters. Select last as the column and then type the surnames of the players you're interested in, separated by commas
Or
2 select players you're interested in, holding control as you select new players to maintain your current selection then right click and select 'selected players-> IN'

Hi Grimlock, could you clarify something please,

I updated to R8 by scraping latest round from VS. I was surprised Gibbs selections still at 122.6k (which is over 50%). I checked against Assistant Coach they have Gibbs at 55.8k selections or 25%.

Then I imported new FFG stats from website - this gave me the correct no selections (55,791 same as Asst.Coach) for Gibbs. [I got a Java error message along the way, but the rest of file seems correct].

Do you have any explanation for this? Maybe VS scrape doesn't fully update players who don't play the round? I tend to use the VS scrape because I get the Java error message when importing stats. However, from this it looks like importing is the better option.

The stats file on the website is my copy of the file that I've been scraping each round with. So technically there should be no difference. My guess is that there must have been an error while scraping was going on and it didn't update Gibbs' selection numbers. Are there any other discrepancies you've noticed?

Unfortunately yes.
I still had the first file saved separately, so I put them both into Excel and used a formula to cross check everything.
Differences seem to be:
- selections & sel change for players who missed games,
- most BE & price calculations seem to be out a small %, such as if magic number was different between files?
- Easton Wood correction from no games (0) to 1 game (-3) is in new imported file but not the scraped.

I still have my R7 file saved, so I'll open it up and do another scrape and see if it replicates the first scrape file - if it does you can discount a dodgy scrape.

Do u have the latest version 2013.4 there was a bug with players who had the red icon signaling they were out for the next game

Unfortunately worse than that ... looks like I have 2013.2, unless I have deleted the zip file for a later version. Anyway I'll download the latest version. Thanks for your help.

Hmm something strange happened when I updated scores this round. Every side with a bye next week has not had scores for round 10 imported.

Yeah most likely a bug. I unfortunately can't anticipate what HTML they use in order to signify a player has a bye so I'll have to correct it tomorrow (ie. Tuesday)

Hmm something strange happened when I updated scores this round. Every side with a bye next week has not had scores for round 10 imported.

I just did an update and it worked fine for all 396 players across the 5 game types. Make sure you're running the latest version 2013.4 otherwise you've just run into the same problem as Saladin sucks who posted just above you.

I just did an update and it worked fine for all 396 players across the 5 game types. Make sure you're running the latest version 2013.4 otherwise you've just run into the same problem as Saladin sucks who posted just above you.
Ah sweet thanks, yeah I probably am running an earlier version - will check when I get home.

Thanks Grimlock, confirming that new version of 2013.4 fixed my issue - has been updating fine since then.
Also I keep a spreadsheet with all the players prices by round because this gets lost going forward. I noticed 2 new players appeared probably after round 9 - did AFL just add them in somehow?
My spreadsheet is usually in alphabetical order so I can find players. I notice you still have Beau Wilkes instead of Maister(?) - are you going to stick with this name for the whole year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back