List Mgmt. FFS can we give Lynch a contract

Remove this Banner Ad

He looks fit at last, but needs to ply his trade elsewhere next year.

We need to make hard calls at the end of the year and he is one of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't keep all of Tex, Talia and Lynch as that would be too bigger hit at the end of next year. You have to look bigger than what's happening now.
Unfortunately Talia may be the one given his injury hasn't responded to surgery and looks to be an ongoing problem with it's non responsive to further treatment. I won't be overly shocked if he retires.

I've got a theory about red head football players. They're the first players supporters turn on. In Lynch's case he's also on the Ronald weasley side rather than prince Harry, so he cops it even worse.

If he's only going to get us a bag of chips, he stays. Good footballer still and we don't really have a player like him.

Crouch is easily covered. Mackay needs to retire. Talia I'm on the fence with because I'm not sure he'll get us much and we will still be very light on for kpds next year. Seed is a no brainer to hang around and smith probably has another year before I'd call it.

I'd be happy for us to give Lynch another year but we haven't demonstrated that we're happy to use older players only some of the time and usher young players in around them in their preferred roles.

Typically we end up picking Douglas or Mackay or whoever whenever they are available and it's only when players are finally delisted that we move on from them.

If for instance Lynch split games with Gollant 50/50 over the course of the 2022 season then that would be a great result.

I've got a theory about red head football players. They're the first players supporters turn on. In Lynch's case he's also on the Ronald weasley side rather than prince Harry, so he cops it even worse.

If he's only going to get us a bag of chips, he stays. Good footballer still and we don't really have a player like him.

Crouch is easily covered. Mackay needs to retire. Talia I'm on the fence with because I'm not sure he'll get us much and we will still be very light on for kpds next year. Seed is a no brainer to hang around and smith probably has another year before I'd call it.

Lynch was good last week and good early tonight but disappeared after half time. Need to assess him over the final weeks in totality to determine whether he should get another year. The thing with older players is that it's their ability to perform over a season that deserts them, not having a good game or half here and there. The right decision is to wait until end of season.

Trade for me. Playing him is stopping the development of someone else. If they aren't on our list trade them in. Lynch has had his day.

Trade for me. Playing him is stopping the development of someone else. If they aren't on our list trade them in. Lynch has had his day.

Tom will be a really interesting one, I reckon he poses potentially some really good value on the open market. Melbourne and Brisbane potentially may be if interest, especially if either falls short come September. But then I reckon both GC and Kangaroos(esp given links to Noble and Younie) may come at him with a 2 year playing plus 2 year coaching/development role type contract.

Ultimately, we’re still dismantling daddy Pyke’s Army and are extremely tight on list spots moving into 2022. All Tom May get from us is taking over Matty Wrights role and a AFLW coaching gig, or a 1 year deal at most on minimum chips. I think it’s quite possible someone comes at him with a 2 year deal and he’ll rightly take it.

Tom will be a really interesting one, I reckon he poses potentially some really good value on the open market. Melbourne and Brisbane potentially may be if interest, especially if either falls short come September. But then I reckon both GC and Kangaroos(esp given links to Noble and Younie) may come at him with a 2 year playing plus 2 year coaching/development role type contract.

Ultimately, we’re still dismantling daddy Pyke’s Army and are extremely tight on list spots moving into 2022. All Tom May get from us is taking over Matty Wrights role and a AFLW coaching gig, or a 1 year deal at most on minimum chips. I think it’s quite possible someone comes at him with a 2 year deal and he’ll rightly take it.

Yesh he’s definitely at the end of the queue for a new contract and likely to continue elsewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Back