List Mgmt. FFS can we give Lynch a contract

Remove this Banner Ad

He's an out of contract free agent. No-one is going to bother trading for him which shows we know he doesn't have any significant trade value.
Who knows how these conversations go. They may have asked if a trade was an option and he could have said no. Who knows? I think it’s good that the club did it now and not string him along until years end. It allows him to process it and make some decisions!

Who knows how these conversations go. They may have asked if a trade was an option and he could have said no. Who knows? I think it’s good that the club did it now and not string him along until years end. It allows him to process it and make some decisions!

If he refuses to go to another club his trade value is 0

Firstly I want to congratulate Tom on his service to the club. There were times I didn't rate him but however he is a Crows player so thank you Tom

Secondly congrats to the club on what would have been a hard decision

Last edited:
IMHO another poor list management decision by the Crows. I think that Lynch should have been offered a 1-year deal. He remains the player who has the most positive influence as to how the ball is moved into our forward line and the creation of opportunities for our young forwards. Not sure I can bear another season of watching Keys, Laird, ROB, Seedsman and especially Sloane just dumb bombing the ball high into the forward line, often without looking.

If Mackay continues on while Lynch is shown the door, I will lose faith in the list management of the club. I'd even keep Lynch ahead of Walker.

However, I do recognise that we are in a rebuild, where turfing out the old will give the kids more opportunities and likely help ensure another valuable Top 4 pick in the 2022 Draft.

I think the reason we want to move on Lynch is because they potentially see Cook playing a similar wingman/link up forward role, but having a far higher ceiling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back