FIBA 2022 Basketball World Cup Womens (22nd Sept- 1st Oct)

Remove this Banner Ad

Quarter Finals will be

USA V France
China v Serbia
Belgium v Canada
Australia v Puerto Rico

ill have a stab at the lines:

USA -33.5 pts favourites?
China -23.5 pt favourites?
Canada -9.5 pt favourites?
Australia -21.5 pt favourites?

Difficult to see any upset from that lot. Think the best 4 teams will be in the semi-finals. From then 2nd, 3rd and 4th spot a bit of a lottery.

China were a bit flat today in the 1st half against Belgium but came good when it mattered . Ended up beating Belgium by 26 pts which might have looked a bit more flattering than what the scoreboard perceives.

Canada showed their best is very good . And their loss to Australia wasn't that bad a loss

Australia are coming good at just the right time. Puerto Rico aren't as good as Japan.

USA cost me a 3 legged multi today and they clearly are of the motto 'Good teams win, Great teams cover'

Cayla George Under 6.5 Rebounds $1.80 v $1.90 Cayla George Over 6.5 Rebounds
I didnt bet on this but she cleared this. Cayla George got 9 rebounds. Japan team way too small.

The risk with this bet was she only played 18 minutes. So I guess from this stage onwards now, its about the best players playing the most amount of minutes. Might have to factor that into account for the prop bets.

Quarter Finals will be

USA V France
China v Serbia
Belgium v Canada
Australia v Puerto Rico

ill have a stab at the lines:

USA -33.5 pts favourites?
China -23.5 pt favourites?
Canada -9.5 pt favourites?
Australia -21.5 pt favourites?

Difficult to see any upset from that lot. Think the best 4 teams will be in the semi-finals. From then 2nd, 3rd and 4th spot a bit of a lottery.
Apologies about the games posted. Was looking at Wikipedia and assumed it was 1 st group A v 4th Group B, 2nd Group A v 3rd Group B

Actual Draw:
Australia v Belgium
China v France
Puerto Rico v Canada
USA v Serbia

Confirmed times below:

Lines of the other 2 games are out:

USA -30.5 pts $1.85 v $1.95 Serbia +30.5 pts
China -14.5 pts $1.95 v $1.85 France +14.5 pts

Ill have a stab with my initial predictions:

In a multi ill take Serbia +30.5 pts, Puerto Rico +22.5 pts, Belgium +12.5 pts, China -14.5 pts in a 4 leg accumulator

Odds: 16.62 Boosted

Going up Olympic form, Serbia were able to get within this margin at last Olympics, Same too for Belgium against Australians also at the same Olympics - by beating them. Canada is a good team but I reckon Puerto Rico can keep it within a sustainable margin. China should be too good for France.

$3,500 USA win at $1.02 w Readybet
Is it just me, or is $1.02 for USA Women free money?

If the Betmaker brands keep offering those odds, I'm taking it if it guarantees a return in less than 24 hours.

I.e. Place a bet on them now at those odds, and you'll have a return by 2:00pm today.

$2,050 on at $1.02

USA matches are losing bets for me.

So ill go for a slightly different 3 leg accumulator one without the US.

Quarter final legs

Belgium +12.5 pts , China -15.5 pts, Puerto Rico +22.5 pts . Odds 7.77

Ive got 1.5 x my previous stake of my 4 legs.

Is it just me, or is $1.02 for USA Women free money?

If the Betmaker brands keep offering those odds, I'm taking it if it guarantees a return in less than 24 hours.

I.e. Place a bet on them now at those odds, and you'll have a return by 2:00pm today.

$2,050 on at $1.02

Now that is some big bets I'd like to see on social media accounts ' $100k on US Women's National Team @ $1.02 ' , surpised it doesn't happen more often. I guess the various taxes make it a losing bet for the bookie.

Quarter final legs

How can you lose money on the USA? :think::think:

Just back them, simple. I thought you'd have been all over that free money at $1.02.

As you're aware, their program doesn't allow them to lose, so the fact some books offer a price above $1 is laughable. It's like they're offering a price to encourage people to bet with their winnings.

I.e. The Betmaker brands know $1.02 is free money, but they figure if someone wins $50 on that, they'll by more inclined to then bet those $50 winnings on something else.

Quarter final legs

1 down , 2 to go.

Would have been a brave man taking on +22.5 on Puerto Rico or less, with under 3 minutes to go there. So I'm lucky that went my way. Commentators made mention that the young Puerto Rican ladies were running out of legs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can you lose money on the USA? :think::think:

Just back them, simple. I thought you'd have been all over that free money at $1.02.

As you're aware, their program doesn't allow them to lose, so the fact some books offer a price above $1 is laughable. It's like they're offering a price to encourage people to bet with their winnings.

I.e. The Betmaker brands know $1.02 is free money, but they figure if someone wins $50 on that, they'll by more inclined to then bet those $50 winnings on something else.
I fancy the handicaps on the US will get shorter and shorter as the tournament as goes on. And I do fancy them to cover their handicap against any of the teams probably maybe bar China. (as I havent seen alot of their game as of yet)

Feel like the US are about a 20pts+ better team than Australia.

No doubt the US women, look at the spreads pre-game and go on and try to beat that line. One of their games this tournamanet, with 11 seconds and the ball , they didnt intend to shoot the ball, as they had already covered their handicap by 1 or 2 points. So in a way they are playing to satisfy the punters on their side.

Might be worth keeping that in mind for rest of the tournament bets involving them.

Prop Bets for China v France Quarter Final- Courtesy of UniBet.

Under 9.5 pts $1.85 v $1.85 Over 9.5 pts

Meng Li
Under 13.5 pts $1.90 v $1.80 Over 13.5 pts

Gabby Williams
Under 14.5 pts $1.85 v $1.85 Over 14.5 pts

Xu Han
Under 12.5 pts $1.85 v $1.85 Over 12.5 pts

Yueru Li
Under 12.5 pts $1.70 v $2.15 Over 12.5 pts

ASSISTS
Fauthoux
Under 3.5 Assists $1.85 v $1.85 Over 3.5 Assists

Siyu Wang
Under 5.5 Assists $2.05 v $1.70 Over 5.5 Assists

REBOUNDS
Gabby Williams
Under 4.5 Rebounds $2.05 v $1.70 Over 4.5 rebounds

Xu Han
Under 7.5 Rebounds $2.05 v $1.70 Over 7.5 Rebounds

Yueru Li
Under 8.5 rebounds $1.85 v $1.85 Over 8.5 Rebounds

Not sure if any of those prop bets appeal.

Not sure how much attention you pay to the last game but these teams met earlier in the year for qualifying and China emphatically thumped France by 33 pts.

Seems those prop bets most went unders despite china winning 103-70 last time. One of the notable stats was Siyu Wang got 15 assists, which is well clear of her current line.

should have a promo like they do in NBA and NBL. If their opponent , France, miss both free throws, free Chinese takeaway meals for the night.
Saw this post earlier so I went outside to shoot a couple of free throws. They both missed so I grabbed some Chinese for dinner.

A bit weird inside the final 60 seconds of that game with France awarded a three pointer instead of a two. Replay showed her foot was on the line.

It doesn't affect the result but some people who took France +14.5 pts would be counting their lucky chickens.

Odds Courtesy of Unibet for Opals v Belgium

Under 12.5 pts $2.05 v $1.75 Over 12.5 pts

Magbegor
Under 11.5 pts $1.85 v $1.85 Over 11.5 pts

Tolo
Under 10.5 pts $1.85 v $1.85 Over 10.5 pts

Vanloo
Under 11.5 pts $2.05 v $1.70 Over 11.5 pts

Whitcomb
Under 11.5 pts $1.85 v $1.85 Over 11.5 pts

ASSISTS
Allemand