Multiplat FIFA 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely opting for FIFA again this year - FGR to be included for the first time and hopefully the Journey mode with a Toon career is finally an option (not just a loan spell).

I've got a question for those who play UT. Last year I got heaps of welcome back packs for playing 16. The only problem was I played 16 on PS3 but I played 17 on PS4 and never got to use those cards :/ however my question is do you need to use the web app for the welcome back packs or can you open them on console?

I've got a question for those who play UT. Last year I got heaps of welcome back packs for playing 16. The only problem was I played 16 on PS3 but I played 17 on PS4 and never got to use those cards :/ however my question is do you need to use the web app for the welcome back packs or can you open them on console?
Depends on what you wanna do. I'd highly go on the web app and open the packs as the web app comes out way earlier than the game to the public.

PES is a far better game from a gameplay perspective. FIFA IMO feels more arcadey.

That being said, FIFA's licensing and branding makes it hard to to deny. You can get option files in PES which helps.

Just wish EA spent more time doing up career mode and other offline modes - feels like they only ever do incremental changes/improvements each year. Obviously FT is their big money maker though.

PES is a far better game from a gameplay perspective. FIFA IMO feels more arcadey.

That being said, FIFA's licensing and branding makes it hard to to deny. You can get option files in PES which helps.

Just wish EA spent more time doing up career mode and other offline modes - feels like they only ever do incremental changes/improvements each year. Obviously FT is their big money maker though.

I think the only thing that honestly keeps me playing FIFA over PES at the moment is the fact that Barnet aren't in PES, and South Yorkshire Blues just doesn't do it for me when playing as Wednesday (there may be a way to edit it, i've never actually bought it to check). I like the threat of relegation from the Championship, which we don't have in PES :(

19657044_1650592764964594_5373411875381835426_n.jpg

I think the only thing that honestly keeps me playing FIFA over PES at the moment is the fact that Barnet aren't in PES, and South Yorkshire Blues just doesn't do it for me when playing as Wednesday (there may be a way to edit it, i've never actually bought it to check). I like the threat of relegation from the Championship, which we don't have in PES :(

Agreed mate. If Newcastle didn't get promoted last season (and the fact Forest Green are about to make their debut in a FIFA game), I'd probably go back to PES. More enjoyable (less frustrating too lol).

I might end up getting both in the long run. Who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly you haven't played older FIFA's ;).

I skipped 16, but I don't remember it being as bad on 15 (though 15 was just generally a goal-fest). Don't get me started on FIFA 07 though. :mad:

I skipped 16, but I don't remember it being as bad on 15 (though 15 was just generally a goal-fest). Don't get me started on FIFA 07 though. :mad:
Try Fifa 11-14. Absolute aidsfest those games were.

Try Fifa 11-14. Absolute aidsfest those games were.

12 was the first game with the major overhaul and had certain charms. 13 was pretty great

FIFA is by defaut mostly a game to play online. That being said, offline mode is just boring and probably EA will never put too much work into it.
I did not buy FIFA 17, so I might be getting this one. I guess there won't be much difference, right?
Anyone pre-oreder it by any chance?

FIFA 17 was the worst FIFA I've played, and I've played the last 13 of them.

Bring back dribbling and skill moves, and add something/anything to pro clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back