Multiplat FIFA 18

Remove this Banner Ad

At the risk of this thread turning into my own blog I’ll make this my last post until someone replies.

Just got my 1st walkout billboard player from a Gold Premium pack. Vidal - 86 rated, the highest on my team. Pretty happy with that. Bought Lukaku for 15k which seemed like a bargain.

Have discovered that pace is the most important aspect of this game. An 75 rated striker with 91 pace seems better than an 83 striker with 67 pace.

Has anyone here gone through the grind of doing an Icon SBC to get someone like Pele or Ronaldinho? Looks like to achieve that unlock would take months.

I'd love to jump in and help out mate but i don't play FUT. Just thought i'd intervene to break up the blog a bit haha Someone please help the poor fella out

At the risk of this thread turning into my own blog I’ll make this my last post until someone replies.

Just got my 1st walkout billboard player from a Gold Premium pack. Vidal - 86 rated, the highest on my team. Pretty happy with that. Bought Lukaku for 15k which seemed like a bargain.

Have discovered that pace is the most important aspect of this game. An 75 rated striker with 91 pace seems better than an 83 striker with 67 pace.

Has anyone here gone through the grind of doing an Icon SBC to get someone like Pele or Ronaldinho? Looks like to achieve that unlock would take months.
Yeah I did that, it does take a fair while.

It seems to be that time of year where I get the FIFA itch again...

Started a career mode with Perth Glory/Australia (used the catalogue item). Spent all the transfer funds on youth scouts as I figured I was in this one for the long haul, with the idea of developing an Aussie squad from the ground up. I also decided to scout the other Asian nations (plus NZ) as I figured a few powerhouses to compete with to even qualify for the WC could be interesting.

So anyway, had a bit of a s**t start to the year at Perth and considering the main goal was to reach the playoff final (and the secondary was financial, which I’d already messed up) and I wasn’t anywhere near the top 6, I figured I’d better make sure I at least made the playoffs... Ended up in 7th one point behind Victory (who ended winning the whole thing) and got the sack. Was pretty shattered considering I already had at least 3 potential to be special players and had just recruited a ridiculous 15 year old (who we’ll get to in a second...).

I went back to the most recent save I had and made sure I promoted all the youth players, and decided to stash the 15 year old in the national team (hoping that would save him from disappearing) before getting fired again. I had to take a job at some Colombian club named Tigres, which I could tell was going to end badly the moment I took it (the goal was to make the playoffs and they were dead last with a few games to go...) so I went there and got fired in about 2 months. Then I took a job at Limerick in the Irish league, which is going well. Hired a cheaper scout as they didn’t have much money and have already found 2 top notch Aussies, both walking straight into my first team at Limerick.

So anyway on the 15 year old wonderkid... He still exists, and although his name has changed his overall, position and age remained. He just turned 16 and I can’t find him through the search function on the game, so I’m interested as to whether he’ll ever show up on a teams list or if he’ll only be available to the national team...

Also whoever was managing Australia before me sucked because we didn’t qualify for Russia (Saudis, China and NZ all qualified ahead of us ffs).

It seems to be that time of year where I get the FIFA itch again...

Started a career mode with Perth Glory/Australia (used the catalogue item). Spent all the transfer funds on youth scouts as I figured I was in this one for the long haul, with the idea of developing an Aussie squad from the ground up. I also decided to scout the other Asian nations (plus NZ) as I figured a few powerhouses to compete with to even qualify for the WC could be interesting.

So anyway, had a bit of a s**t start to the year at Perth and considering the main goal was to reach the playoff final (and the secondary was financial, which I’d already messed up) and I wasn’t anywhere near the top 6, I figured I’d better make sure I at least made the playoffs... Ended up in 7th one point behind Victory (who ended winning the whole thing) and got the sack. Was pretty shattered considering I already had at least 3 potential to be special players and had just recruited a ridiculous 15 year old (who we’ll get to in a second...).

I went back to the most recent save I had and made sure I promoted all the youth players, and decided to stash the 15 year old in the national team (hoping that would save him from disappearing) before getting fired again. I had to take a job at some Colombian club named Tigres, which I could tell was going to end badly the moment I took it (the goal was to make the playoffs and they were dead last with a few games to go...) so I went there and got fired in about 2 months. Then I took a job at Limerick in the Irish league, which is going well. Hired a cheaper scout as they didn’t have much money and have already found 2 top notch Aussies, both walking straight into my first team at Limerick.

So anyway on the 15 year old wonderkid... He still exists, and although his name has changed his overall, position and age remained. He just turned 16 and I can’t find him through the search function on the game, so I’m interested as to whether he’ll ever show up on a teams list or if he’ll only be available to the national team...

Also whoever was managing Australia before me sucked because we didn’t qualify for Russia (Saudis, China and NZ all qualified ahead of us ffs).

What difficulty are you playing on?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cant see a thread for it but will just continue on here

PES 18 is actually pretty fun, is available on the xbox game pass.

Really fast paced passing and shooting, makes fifa feel slow.

Just got Chiellini from a pack by completing an SBC. 89 easily my highest rated player, but he only goes for 30k on the transfer market. Got an 84 overall rated team now in FUT, but my chemistry is only 64. Worst part is my best players in Bale, Chiellini, Vidal and Salah are the ones who don’t fit in well with the others. I could trade out Bale to someone like Hazard that will fit in great with my other EPL players up front, but Bale is so handy with his pace and height.

Probably just going to have to trade in la liga players around him, cos there’s few Welsh players that are top notch.

Got my Barnet side in my new career promoted to League 1 after 4 attempts in League 2, and won the 2020/21 FA Cup . Started the 2021/22 season > First game at home on saturday against Bury, then on the Sunday play Manchester United in the FA Community Shield match, and then play Rotherham on the Tuesday during the middle of the day. Whoever did the fixturing in this game deserves the sack, 3 games in 4 days ;) haha

Just got Chiellini from a pack by completing an SBC. 89 easily my highest rated player, but he only goes for 30k on the transfer market. Got an 84 overall rated team now in FUT, but my chemistry is only 64. Worst part is my best players in Bale, Chiellini, Vidal and Salah are the ones who don’t fit in well with the others. I could trade out Bale to someone like Hazard that will fit in great with my other EPL players up front, but Bale is so handy with his pace and height.

Probably just going to have to trade in la liga players around him, cos there’s few Welsh players that are top notch.
Yea haha that sounds rookie you’ve got to link them up to as close to full chem as you can.

You can still have a hybrid (multiple leagues team) but you will need some green links, for example get Carvajal to link up with Gareth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

620F684D-9001-416C-82F6-8BBFF64F2A88.png
Yea haha that sounds rookie you’ve got to link them up to as close to full chem as you can.

You can still have a hybrid (multiple leagues team) but you will need some green links, for example get Carvajal to link up with Gareth.
Yeah I’m starting to notification how important chemistry is. Just bought Costa last night which brought my team rating up to 85 but got smashed in 4 squad battles even on lower difficulty. So I sold Bale, Chiellini and Costa to have overall 163k, and will make a concept team around the following players.

Most are from the English premier league so that will be my foundation. Just really annoyed that Vidal and Salah are untradeable but are my highest rated players that are difficult to build chemistry with.

Ok so I’ve developed this squad which is 3 ratings points lower but easily gets 100 chemistry and will still be in the 90’s when I change formations.

27CB28A9-28BB-47F4-8385-2B4E3D58845B.png

Look at the chemistry when I bring on Vidal. Even when he’s linked to another Chilean the rest of the team hates him lol.
I guess he is handy as an 87 coming off the bench but still annoying I can’t trade him. Worth 20k on the market.

3D08E0CF-8A5E-47C6-9C0C-D9F3EE6074CD.png

You could fit him in something like this if you are happy to ditch 5 atb:
https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/5672858
At this stage of FUT though, if you don't have a god squad, it is easier to pick one up on the WC mode.

At this stage of FUT though, if you don't have a god squad, it is easier to pick one up on the WC mode.
cheers for that link. Didnt know that website existed! Will definitely play around with a concept squad and see if i can get the budget to do that.

Havent seen the WC mode in the game. Will have to check it out when i get home. Is that an online mode? I tried starting an online season and my 1st game dropped out before kick off and then i got a notification saying that it was an automatic loss and hurt my future games/rankings.

5 at the back isn't very fun.
Well i find anything less than 5 atb and I really leak goals to the opposition. My defensive skills really are ordinary no matter what i do with only 4 or 3. Either i put on high pressure and attempt tackles at which point i miss and the attacker slides past leaving me exposed, or i sit off eventually a through-ball goes down the middle somehow. With 5 i can be both aggressive and tackled the forward, or sit back and try to block shots without feeling too pressured. In offense i tend to play a possession game and slowly get everyone further up the park until my back 5 are almost on the halfway line. Creates less chances per game (especially since i play 6 minute halves) but if i dont lose possession in the build up i usually get good quality shots on. Although with my fast front 3 maybe i should be pushing my offense quicker to attack the goalkeeper before the opposition can park the bus?

One thing that does seem certain is that you need pace in your defenders no matter what their overall rating is.

Last edited:
Havent seen the WC mode in the game. Will have to check it out when i get home. Is that an online mode?
Its just a version of FUT based around the WC where you link players based on continent and nation rather than club and nation. There's also no transfer market so you get players through playing the game and opening packs. It may sound harder to get a better squad but only really the top tier players are in there and so pack weight is insane and you can also turn 83 rated squads into an icon pack which makes things easier.

Just got the game & console last week.

Feel like passing works better in this game than before, keen to get De Bruyne & Modric in a team.

Longshots seem to never go in, goalies seem to pary everything rather than catching.

Actually really liking the World Cup Ultimate Team game mode.

Bit different without any transfer market but you do get a player after each game, managed to get Modric in one of those post game 1 player packs.

Cheers for this. The only difference I made was selling off Fabregas and not buying Herrera. Got Eriksen to strengthen the right side.

Gabriel Jesus is decent quality for an 83 striker, but eventually my plan is to upgrade him to Aguero. But my next move is upgrading Mario to a CM with a lot more pace and better passing.

Played about 8 games last night with this new lineup. Had 1 squad battle on world class and won 5-1 The higher chemistry definitely helps!

Aside from the 2 Chileans, everyone else in my starting 11 is from a different country. Reckon there is an SBC here with this squad.

35BEF012-D3E2-4AFA-9F5C-C36AF4C83601.png

Last edited:
10 bucks on amazon prime right now for those that don't have it but for some reason are reading this thread.
And free shipping.

I grabbed one, will either trade in if EB didn't catch on and lower their trade in price, or play it if they did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back