Multiplat FIFA 18

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand they want to try and remove the easiness of using players like messi and bale where you just sprint past defenders, but they took an easy way out of just making speed less of a factor.

Yeah they basically made speed redundant. So what's the point in having it a growth indicator or factor in the player ability? Seems ludicrous.
Surely there's scope to get it right instead of Ultimate Team upgrades?

The speed issue is a legacy gameplay issue of FIFA. If anyone has tried PES, you realise that there are better ways to recreate the movement and structure of a football game than what FIFA achieves.

Is it finally time to switch to PES?

Reading the OS fred a lot of people seem to like it

Had a mate (who plays religiously) say he felt like it played almost identical to 17. Said shooting was marginally easier though.

Don't think I'll bother with this one. It's $100 for a roster update really.

That's the vibe i got from it too. Played about 2 games of the demo this morning before work, and didn't really notice any difference. Shooting wasn't as heavy, but everything else felt the same. Quick subs was cool though! Having said that, i rarely play as the Man U/City/Bayerns etc. so i guess I'll notice the differences more when i play as MVC/Sheffield wednesday or Barnet

Had a mate (who plays religiously) say he felt like it played almost identical to 17. Said shooting was marginally easier though.

Don't think I'll bother with this one. It's $100 for a roster update really.
If you pay $100 for a standard game these days you're probably not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Think there will be some difference between the demo and final game. At the moment, the keepers are making hard work of easy saves.
The speed is noticeable in that quick players will go past slow players. When in possession though, it will be easier for the defender to catch up.

Like the control and passing. It's similar but I get it every year so other people will have to make up their own mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played more yesterday.

Dribbling is much better, can see the difference from 17. The touches are better and more precise.

Can't decide if I like the game at the speed it is or not, may move it to fast upon purchase, but I'll stick with slow for now.

Noticed a few glitches - I scored and it went straight through the net and hit the billboards. Also had 3 minutes of stoppage time and I reckon it would have been about 10 minutes worth.

Played more yesterday.

Dribbling is much better, can see the difference from 17. The touches are better and more precise.

Can't decide if I like the game at the speed it is or not, may move it to fast upon purchase, but I'll stick with slow for now.

Noticed a few glitches - I scored and it went straight through the net and hit the billboards. Also had 3 minutes of stoppage time and I reckon it would have been about 10 minutes worth.

Playing with Man Utd then?

Got nothing in the first few free packs. Sold majority of what I got and went and grabbed Kolasinac and Schmeichel while they're relatively cheap. Other than that, been trying to do as many SBCs as possible using all the silvers and bronzes they give you... but ran out of coins haha. Will have to wait till tomorrow. Gotta love this time of year!

From the opening packs I got (I refuse to play with things out of the transfer market, see it as a way of learning about more players and having a squad different from 90% of the teams I come up against) Shane Long, Tom Cleverely and James Morrison from the BPL.

Best pick up was Florian Thauvin from OM. 82 rated RW.

This is by far my favourite time of year, analysing every stat of potential players to make every last coin count, too bad there are probably guys that have already poured hundreds into the game and will pulverise me online! I opened all my packs, did the basic sbc's and got myself to this point (will eventually move it into a 4321 I think when I have the coins for position changers). Originally I packed the discard IF from Boca but was able to discard him for this other IF from Leverkusen, looks to be a really special card at only 10k.
R5UGy0Q.png

How do you have that team already???
Is that your whole squad (no one else other than untradeables)?
Yeah, that's pretty much the whole squad besides untradeables and loanees. As I said I did pick up an IF which I swapped for the IF Aranguiz (people are actually dumb enough to list gold IFs for 10k atm!) I pulled the Schurrle and Rudy and the other guys are all discard price pretty much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back