Multiplat FIFA 19

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Going to be some news coming out in the next day or so from EA.

After the hours I have ploughed into 18, and IMO the best FIFA by far, I will undoubtedly pick this up. I assume there will be next to no changes in offline play, with FUT being their major money maker.

Some tidbits we know so far
  • Ronaldo will be the cover star again.
  • After Konami lost the UCL licensing, EA have picked it up
  • Serie A and Serie B are now properly licensed for the first time in 17 years - Konami also held the official licensing, so I assume now we will see more Italian stadiums in game
  • Borussia Dortmund's stadium - Signal Igunda Park - will also make a return after Dortmund terminated their contract with Konami

fifa-19-reveal.jpg

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Pace will still be king.
Of course it will, that because pace is one of the only stats that doesn't require skill to utilise.

Tackling requires good timing and shooting requires aim and power. You can miss shots and tackles with players that have high finishing and tackling, but a player with high pace will always be quick.

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
Does the Champions League licence have any baring on online play? Or is that simply just for offline career mode?

I assume it's an offline mode.

it may also allow EA use the champs league for FUT as well. eg by having CL TOTW cards for the mode along with the regular TOTW stuff.

I assume it's an offline mode.

it may also allow EA use the champs league for FUT as well. eg by having CL TOTW cards for the mode along with the regular TOTW stuff.

True that. Oh well. Will be good to see at least. Hopefully it helps them reconsider their manager mode a bit more and work on that

yeah right, as if they'll spend time on manager mode, it doesn't make them the money.

It's actually disgusting how much money they make from micro transactions. $787 million in July/August/September last year. that's intense considering FIFA 18 was released with 2 days left in that quarter, so they made bulk of it at the end of FIFA 17's lifespan

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/31/wall-street-is-giddy-over-eas-surging-microtransaction-profits.html

EA's live services segment, which consists of in-game purchases [microtransactions] and add-on content, surged 39 percent to $787 million in sales for its fiscal third quarter. The company said the increase was driven by the Ultimate Team mode in its sports games, where gamers buy player card packs, and "The Sims 4" content.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Some more info I've come across -

Sweet spot
If you tap Circle or B just as your foot hits the ball, you massively increase the chance of striking it into the top corner.

It’s all about timing, so get it wrong and you’ll be punished with a scuffed shot.

Tactics
Game plans have been introduced this year – which are set up before a match.

Here, you can set what tactics your team has depending on certain situations – such as if they’re 1-0 up or losing a match.

Once you have made the plans, simply assign to a D-pad press and you’re good to go.

Unlike last year, when it was hard to see if a tactical option had been executed, there’s now a clear toggle for on-the-fly instructions.

You’re also now able to adjust your team’s width and depth, as well as instruct your full backs what kind of runs to make in attack or your centre back to cover certain areas of the pitch.

There’s greater control over your team’s defensive style, too – with new settings: “pressure after possession loss,” “constant pressure,” “drop back,” “balanced,” and “pressure on heavy touch.”

Ultimate Team
“For Ultimate Team, when you buy a pack you know what you are getting.

“You are getting a certain number of assets that are guaranteed – and we’re going to start to do pack odds disclosures that’ll show you the odds of what you might get.”

Really like the tactics thing. I press the arrows often but I never know if they're actually doing anything, hopefully they're well implemented and make an effect. The sweet spot thing sounds pretty neat too.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I wish they'd get more stadiums for the English Championship teams, and even for some of the smaller English Football League teams.

Would make my road to glory careers that bit more fun.
They keep the stadiums for the teams that get relegated. Theoretically, there should be more stadiums in the championship based on that alone.

Back