Multiplat FIFA 19

I feel like there's a tell just like last year that everyone knows except for me. I'll never score if I just aim in one direction and shoot but if I change halfway through my runup then I'm a good chance of putting it away.

I feel like there's a tell just like last year that everyone knows except for me. I'll never score if I just aim in one direction and shoot but if I change halfway through my runup then I'm a good chance of putting it away.
I can't hit the target if I even slightly nudge in a direction.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
My Aussie-only team is now:

GK: Mat Ryan 78
RB: Josh Risdon 71
CB: Trent Sainsbury 74
CB: Bailey Wright 72
LB: Alex Gersbach 65 (still waiting on Behich)
RM: TOTW Mabil 76
CM: Massimo Luongo 74
CM: TOTW Mooy 82
LM: TOTW Goodwin 75
CF: Tom Rogic 75
ST: TOTW Brosque 76

Only major change is waiting on Behich to pop up (I'm on Switch so Transfers are s**t) and then snapping up any Aussie TOTWs. Luongo and Mooy are absolute legend in midfield.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Bloody hell the teams are good on weekend league, especially when they’re not taken to account in match making, which is fair in the context.

Regret wasting coins on packs, you really need to play heaps every weekend or spend to get a good side though. Once your behind it’s tough but you can catch up in a matter of weeks.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
New patch has killed finesses

Finding it quite hard to score, although it’s lower scoring all together

Goalkeepers seem to save everything

New patch has killed finesses

Finding it quite hard to score, although it’s lower scoring all together

Goalkeepers seem to save everything
Yeah, the issue is that they didn't really nerf AI defending when they killed timed finesses, which doesn't give you that outside of the box shot to counter someone just sitting 8 men in the box and controlling their striker. Downward headers, timed low-drivens and low-driven finesses are the new meta from what I've seen and heard.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah, the issue is that they didn't really nerf AI defending when they killed timed finesses, which doesn't give you that outside of the box shot to counter someone just sitting 8 men in the box and controlling their striker. Downward headers, timed low-drivens and low-driven finesses are the new meta from what I've seen and heard.
Yea I’ve been following a few of the youtubers and those supposed metas, I’m not sure I’ve seen anything that’s as good as finisses yet

bixente

Team Captain
Feb 21, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
My Aussie-only team is now:

GK: Mat Ryan 78
RB: Josh Risdon 71
CB: Trent Sainsbury 74
CB: Bailey Wright 72
LB: Alex Gersbach 65 (still waiting on Behich)
RM: TOTW Mabil 76
CM: Massimo Luongo 74
CM: TOTW Mooy 82
LM: TOTW Goodwin 75
CF: Tom Rogic 75
ST: TOTW Brosque 76

Only major change is waiting on Behich to pop up (I'm on Switch so Transfers are s**t) and then snapping up any Aussie TOTWs. Luongo and Mooy are absolute legend in midfield.

Ryan deserves higher than 78. Only a few points higher than Goodwin? Sure.

FIFA 19 is half price on the Switch.

Mar 31, 2013
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
New patch is actually really good. It has been awhile since strong players have been just as dominant as 90plus pace players. Arnautovic and Ibra in the air for me has done the trick!

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
That Ibra card is a bloody pest, very reminiscent of the Lucas SBC

The Artaunovic SBC Headliners card that came out last week is similar, like a baby Ibra for much cheaper.

The Artaunovic SBC Headliners card that came out last week is similar, like a baby Ibra for much cheaper.
Links are better for Arnie too if you’re not stacked with icons.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Links are better for Arnie too if you’re not stacked with icons.

Yeah, I've got him in an EPL B-team with IF Son and IF Firmino feeding him from CAM... very solid.

I'm looking to go pretty casual with fifa now for the next little while. I've started playing FUT champs over the last month or so and was really enjoying it pre patch, took a break last weekend and came back this weekend and played to silver 1 pretty happily spread out over Friday night and Saturday but after that I've been really over it, the game feels far more like a chore than a bit of fun. The card collecting aspect of the game is probably the only thing that's been keeping me going but seeing as though I didn't pack a TOTY and now I don't have a chance of getting my team to that level, it is a bit of a bore.

Part of the reason I don't play career anymore is because it is simply playing the game over and over, with no improvements being made to the game on or off the pitch in that mode to keep me invested. Have heard that the next release is going to be a big change for the game (but I think we all know that is really just the game moving to a subscription model to try and counter bans on FIFA point sales) but I really hope that EA realise just how much they have to improve the gameplay if they want to keep folks engaged.

IMO ever since they've targeted the esports market, the game has been on the slide, everything in fut has felt higher stakes since then and that there is a certain way you need to play and certain cards you need to get your hands on in order to keep up. I just miss the days of rolling up in the gold cup with a squad that had Reus & Esswein up top and Dede and Felipe Santana at the back and just messing around, you can't play like that anymore. Having said that I'll probably be back to grinding as soon as the they drop the new UCL promo next week.

tl;dr: I'm getting bored of actually playing the game these days, what do you guys think?

DAVID LUIZ FLASH-BACK! (Feel like I'm gonna sell the farm for him) If anyone wants to send us some coins/players for cheap PM me.

Wow he's not that expensive (Still will have to sell the farm but it's David MF-ing Luiz)

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats

Macca81

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2012
Maylands
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm looking to go pretty casual with fifa now for the next little while. I've started playing FUT champs over the last month or so and was really enjoying it pre patch, took a break last weekend and came back this weekend and played to silver 1 pretty happily spread out over Friday night and Saturday but after that I've been really over it, the game feels far more like a chore than a bit of fun. The card collecting aspect of the game is probably the only thing that's been keeping me going but seeing as though I didn't pack a TOTY and now I don't have a chance of getting my team to that level, it is a bit of a bore.

Part of the reason I don't play career anymore is because it is simply playing the game over and over, with no improvements being made to the game on or off the pitch in that mode to keep me invested. Have heard that the next release is going to be a big change for the game (but I think we all know that is really just the game moving to a subscription model to try and counter bans on FIFA point sales) but I really hope that EA realise just how much they have to improve the gameplay if they want to keep folks engaged.

IMO ever since they've targeted the esports market, the game has been on the slide, everything in fut has felt higher stakes since then and that there is a certain way you need to play and certain cards you need to get your hands on in order to keep up. I just miss the days of rolling up in the gold cup with a squad that had Reus & Esswein up top and Dede and Felipe Santana at the back and just messing around, you can't play like that anymore. Having said that I'll probably be back to grinding as soon as the they drop the new UCL promo next week.

tl;dr: I'm getting bored of actually playing the game these days, what do you guys think?
FIFA is just another game that has sold its soul to the microtransactions era of gaming. At least with other games you are only buying skins like in PUBG. This pay to win is nonsense.

Back