Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
How's it play? Played FIFA religiously up until about 16, tried to get back into it for 20 and found no enjoyment. Is there any noticeable gameplay improvement
Passing and dribbling is so much smoother than previous titles. Crossing is a viable attacking option again. Attacking in general is a lot better now because every form of attack is viable.

With that being said defending is god awful and probably the worst it's ever been unless you're playing on professional difficulty against the cpu. Goalkeepers are useless and their ratings doesn't even matter, a 75 overall reserves keeper will do just as good a job as Oblak, Handanovic, Neur etc
... Pace is yet again the meta, so expect the majority of online opponents to just sprint down the wings and cut up the baseline every attack whikst your defenders wander around aimlessly.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last man red cards don't seem to exist in this game, if the opponent gets through you can just take them out and it'll only ever be a yellow.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Can't agree with your summation of free kicks. I hate the new system and used to net plenty in the 17-19 days, a lot from well outside the box too.

I managed a grand total of 1 successful free kick in 20

Maybe it's better again in 21, but I'm assuming it's very close to 20
Yeah free kicks are the same, also do not like them.

It would be even worse I guess if referees actually have free kicks where you could capitalise on them so :shrug:

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Passing and dribbling is so much smoother than previous titles. Crossing is a viable attacking option again. Attacking in general is a lot better now because every form of attack is viable.

With that being said defending is god awful and probably the worst it's ever been unless you're playing on professional difficulty against the cpu. Goalkeepers are useless and their ratings doesn't even matter, a 75 overall reserves keeper will do just as good a job as Oblak, Handanovic, Neur etc
... Pace is yet again the meta, so expect the majority of online opponents to just sprint down the wings and cut up the baseline every attack whikst your defenders wander around aimlessly.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Use L2 when you defend and hold it while you sprint, you can just out muscle players.

Granted I only play against the computer, but it works well.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Every
Yeah free kicks are the same, also do not like them.

It would be even worse I guess if referees actually have free kicks where you could capitalise on them so :shrug:

It used to be pretty common to get fouled just outside the box in 19 and prior

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Serie A is so good value wise on the Switch as opposed to the EPL.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Been years since I've played, but Dybala cutting onto his left foot and curling it into the top corner is so satisfying.

Reminds me of Arjen Robben back in the day.

May 15, 2017
My Couch
AFL Club
Richmond
Last man red cards don't seem to exist in this game, if the opponent gets through you can just take them out and it'll only ever be a yellow.
Yep, when I realised they never pay straight reds i started taking out so many players from behind as last man and never got a red.

The refs are so broken that you can get a yellow for breathing on a player and also get a yellow for fly kicking a player in the head.

I made an effort this year to move my starter team away from bundesliga as much as possible, as I go for it every year. First weekend league and somehow I've ended up building this without even noticing :tearsofjoy:
Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 6.51.20 pm.png

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Ive gone Serie A for value too. Always end up with Immobole in my team every FIFA edition i buy.

Well it's been that long since I played, Miroslav Klose, my go to Lazio/Serie A striker, is now an Icon.

Immobile has been good fun to use although I probably don't get the most out of him in my team.

May 15, 2017
My Couch
AFL Club
Richmond
I made an effort this year to move my starter team away from bundesliga as much as possible, as I go for it every year. First weekend league and somehow I've ended up building this without even noticing :tearsofjoy:
View attachment 988866
Sane is so good in game. My best player along with IF Lewandowski.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just absolute mauled some guy for 90 minutes hit with 3 freak goals and lose it 3-2, Mann I miss this fun.

the defending is so random, like some times the AI is just heroic and others non existent

NarniMagic

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2010
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea
Can someone please explain the SCBs to me? Seems a lot of effort to build some of these squads and the rewards all seem to be untradable? Unless there's something I'm missing...

May 14, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Smashed out my WL games today as have the day off. Finished up Gold 2 at 17-11
Started with 9 wins winning some really close games but just couldn't get that type of victory today.
I think it was a very tough week as unless you were in higher division, you were less likely to have got the points needed to redeem for the WL.
I'll take gold 3/2 each week while I save up packs for TOTY.

People are sleeping on that Rodriguez card just because he lacks pace, absolutely dominates for me at CAM.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
People are sleeping on that Rodriguez card just because he lacks pace, absolutely dominates for me at CAM.

He's a no brainer for first owner objectives too.

Back