FIFA World Cup 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Expecting a tight draw in regulation so will have a nibble on 0-0 and 1-1 in correct score markets
That appears the likely scenario during normal time.

Apparently Argentina are slow starters and France have always leaked a goal in most matches, IIRC.

Messi takes Arg penalties, 3/5 of his goals are from penalties.
Thanks for that, I thought as much.:thumbsu:

Do you know if a goal assist is counted if the actual player scores?

What I mean by that is that Messi is paying $3.25 for a goal assist and $2.55 to score.

If Messi scores the goal, I presume it doesnt count as a goal assist?

Thanks for that, I thought as much.:thumbsu:

Do you know if a goal assist is counted if the actual player scores?

What I mean by that is that Messi is paying $3.25 for a goal assist and $2.55 to score.

If Messi scores the goal, I presume it doesnt count as a goal assist?
Yeah correct, if a player scores a goal they don't get an assist aswell.

Some books such as SB have a 'to score or assist' market which covers both.

Yeah correct, if a player scores a goal they don't get an assist aswell.

Some books such as SB have a 'to score or assist' market which covers both.

Absolutely loved the ‘To score or assist’ market this World Cup. Pity only SB has the market, would love to see this market at more books for every major soccer league.

3rd place playoff tonight and to be honest I could not give 2 shits about this game but I have bet every game so far so:

1u - Both teams to score @ $1.70
+0.7u

World Cup 2022: 48-65-9 +14.82u

Looking forward to the next 4 weeks of betting the World Cup. I think France wins it all again this year, with Brazil being my second fav. I'm not betting any of the group outcomes this year because most of the odds are just too short and I don't want to multi any of those. It's the world cup, anything can happen. So I've got the following tournament long bets.

$5 - France to Win the world cup @ $101 (BetR)
$10 - France Win & Mbappe most goals @ $34 (PB)

Alright, well it's been a fun 4 weeks, and a profitable 4 weeks. I picked France to Win and Mbappe to be top goalscorer before the tournament started, so we'll see if that comes through tonight. I've decided to hedge my France bets though for a guaranteed profit - it's the smart thing to do. Some sort of virus going through the French team at the moment too, so who knows who's fit and who's going to be starting.

Going into the final, I have my 2 bets on France that I posted earlier in the thread. No massive sweat tonight, guaranteed to turn a profit either way (more so if France win & Mbappe outscores Messi), just going to enjoy the game, so I'm on the following:

0.05u - France to Win the world cup @ $101 (BetR)
0.1u - France Win & Mbappe most goals @ $34 (PB)

0.8u - Messi 1+ SOT & Mbappe 1+ SOT @ $2.50 (Bet365 Mega Boost)

2.5u - Argentina to Win the world cup @ $1.91 (Hedging my pre tournament France bet for a guaranteed 2.27u)

Edit: Adding 2 fun bets:
0.1u - Both teams awarded a penalty @ $22 (SB BYO)
0.2u - Mbappe 2+ goals @ $17 (B365)

Last edited:
2.25u ARGENTINA TO LIFT THE TROPHY $1.90
1u DRAW $3.15
0.5u ARGENTINA TO WIN IN ET $13 Lads
0.5u ARGENTINA TO WIN IN PENALTIES $10

sportsbet BYOB

Lionel Messi & Kylian Mbappe each to be fouled 2 or more times @ 1.92

Lionel Messi & Kylian Mbappe each to be fouled 3 or more times @ 4.35

Lionel Messi & Kylian Mbappe each to be fouled 4 or more times @ 12.75

Lionel Messi & Kylian Mbappe each to be fouled 5 or more times @ 48

Lionel Messi & Kylian Mbappe each to be fouled 6 or more times @ 101

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few bets I like:

Messi 1+ Shot on Target, Mbappe 1+ Shot on Target, Otamendi 1+ Foul, Argentina Over 1.5 Cards @ $3.50 (Free Hit with Sportsbet any leg fail - bet refund)

Mbappe 2+ Shots on Target, Messi 1+ Shot on Target, Over 59.5 booking points @ 9.50 (This covered at the 2018 FIFA World Cup)

Messi and Mbappe to each have 1+ Shot on Target with the Left Foot @ 5.30

Lionel Messi and Mbappe to combine for 2+ Assists @ $11.60

Draw at HT, France to Win, Argentina 4+ Corners, Over 49.5 Booking Points @ 21

Each Team to have 2+ Shots on Target Each Half & Each Team to have 2+ Corners Each Half @ $38

Already have an Outright with my mum and dad account with BetR on Argentina @ $101 and France $101 . (Pre tournament)

Griezmann and Messi have been arguably in the top 5 players of the tournament with a chance to win the Golden Ball today. Think both will have some opportunities in front of goal today with Mbappe and Giroud probably being defended more heavily. Ive decided to have a bit of a play on a non Shots on Target market.

I dont mind this same game multi at CrossBet:

Messi 3+ Shots
Griezmann 2+ Shots

Odds: $4.33 (same bet at Sportsbet pays $2.37)

$100 on FRA @5 (outright) during the knockouts

A couple each way tonight:

FRA Win
Mbappe
Giroud
@11.8

ARG Win
Messi
Alvarez
@13.8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back