Universal Love Fight MND 2017 - The Big Freeze 3

Remove this Banner Ad

BIG FREEZE AT THE G.png

As we all know, Neale is currently on a slow decline from Motor Neurone Disease and, tragically, it won't be ending well for Neale. The Freeze campaign has been all about raising funds to for MND research and, on a lighter note, we should get to see Tim Watson and then others dunking themselves in a big tub of ice.

The link to the website is here: http://freezemnd.com/

We still have four days before Queen's Birthday, so chip in!

I don't know about everyone else, but watching that interview with him a few weeks was pretty sobering and just reinforced what a cruel disease MND is, and how we should be doing everything possible to aid efforts to further our understanding of its causes and thus, perhaps inch closer to treatment, whether that be of a curative, preventative or holding nature.

This man holds a special place in our club's history and I think this would be a nice way to acknowledge Neale and, as I'm sure he'd be at pains to emphasise, raise awareness and ultimately moula towards tackling this cruel disease.

#freezeMND

Last edited by a moderator:

anyone know the FREEZEMND mobile Number you can sms to, to donate?

Donated $25

As Neale would say "Beast of a disease"

Feel sorry for the bloke and his family every time I see him such a terrible disease that needs to stopped or at least slow down the process so that person can live a longer life.

All the best Neale we will make sure your mission is accomplished will donate.

This is a double edge sword, it will give them more quality time at the beginning of the disease but will delay their suffering in the back end. It is so cruel seeing someone's body slowly shutting down on them when their brain is still active, it happened to my wife's auntie.

I'll be donating for sure.

Caught Neil on the footy show last night, got to admire his attitude in the face of this thing, I've know a few people that have died slow deaths from cancer but this MND sounds a particularly horrible way to go. Also kudos must go to his family, Tim Watson & a host of others for getting right behind him on this. #freezemnd

This is a double edge sword, it will give them more quality time at the beginning of the disease but will delay their suffering in the back end. It is so cruel seeing someone's body slowly shutting down on them when their brain is still active, it happened to my wife's auntie.

I'll be donating for sure.

Yeah horrible no matter which way you look at although I'm fascinated on how Steven Hawking has managed to live his entire life with the disease.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 140902

As we all know, Neale is currently on a slow decline from Motor Neurone Disease and, tragically, it won't be ending well for Neale. The Freeze campaign has been all about raising funds to for MND research and, on a lighter note, we should get to see Tim Watson and then others dunking themselves in a big tub of ice.

The link to the website is here: http://freezemnd.com/

We still have four days before Queen's Birthday, so chip in!

I don't know about everyone else, but watching that interview with him a few weeks was pretty sobering and just reinforced what a cruel disease MND is, and how we should be doing everything possible to aid efforts to further our understanding of its causes and thus, perhaps inch closer to treatment, whether that be of a curative, preventative or holding nature.

This man holds a special place in our club's history and I think this would be a nice way to acknowledge Neale and, as I'm sure he'd be at pains to emphasise, raise awareness and ultimately moula towards tackling this cruel disease.

#freezeMND
Thanks for posting Doss.

Wanted to add, there is a Melbourne gathering - all welcome (though I think Collingwood are meeting at the Westpac Centre) at Fed Square at 12:30 with some style of entertainment ending in a walk to the G at 2:00 PM. There will be rattling of tins if you would like to donate - a lot of people don't like that you can only donate via card online so feel free to come in person. It would be great to see Bombers at Fed Square since the Daniher family are very important to your club. So please come and show support.

Understand if you are of a mind to skip the game - but if you're in town you could camp at a pub. The usual surley Demon supporters will join you at the Duke post match. That said, I really hope the boys lift today for Neale.

I really hope the occasion raises a good amount for MND. Neale Daniher has been an incredible force in his life and now in raising awareness.

still trying to fully recover my sight after watching a few of those bodies on display during the freeze;) on track to crack 2mil, not a bad effort

CG8-6ZvUcAA3jLl.jpg

BUMP

The Big Freeze is next Monday week at the MCG- Queen's Birthday.

Let's all get behind Neale and help raise awareness and also money towards fighting this terrible disease. He was on TV tonight and there is no doubt the disease is ravaging him. But he is also fighting on bravely.

BUMP

The Big Freeze is next Monday week at the MCG- Queen's Birthday.

Let's all get behind Neale and help raise awareness and also money towards fighting this terrible disease. He was on TV tonight and there is no doubt the disease is ravaging him. But he is also fighting on bravely.

Was sad to see last night how the disease has progressed as evidenced by Neale's hands, no doubting he's got a lot of ticker.

Thought Neale was again awesome on 360 last night and TBH seemed in fairly good spirits a year on after some of his comments about MND timeline last year... Neale has that uncanny ability to be able to talk about such a difficult situation with good information on the topic with a mild twist of humor which I think goes a long way to making the situation palatable to many viewers who would otherwise zone out being uncomfotable about the topic...

His public transport joke made me giggle and really think about how lucky a lot of us are...

Hope my beanie gets here tomorrow :)

Thought Neale was again awesome on 360 last night and TBH seemed in fairly good spirits a year on after some of his comments abount MND timeline last year... Neale has that uncanny ability to be able to talk about such a difficult situation with good information on the topic with a mild twist of humor which I think goes a long way to making the situation palatable to many viewers who would otherwise zone out being uncomfotable about the topic...

His public transport joke made me giggle and really think about how lucky a lot of us are...

"When it's your time to go,you gotta go"

Bloody legend I love him.

Thought Neale was again awesome on 360 last night and TBH seemed in fairly good spirits a year on after some of his comments about MND timeline last year... Neale has that uncanny ability to be able to talk about such a difficult situation with good information on the topic with a mild twist of humor which I think goes a long way to making the situation palatable to many viewers who would otherwise zone out being uncomfotable about the topic...

I ordered mine Sunday and it arrived Wednesday.

Neale Daniher is an amazing man

Remove this Banner Ad

Back