Official Team Thread Fighting Furies - Season 25. BnF to be Sunday night 22nd @ tiglands House Boat

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 16 vs East Side Hawks:

Our final game of the season after a poor last few weeks came against the East Side Hawks. Loonerty took over me as Furies captain and delisted everyone except for TJASTA (from memory). I had a fight with _Cayz_ and dropped the flog from the team replacing him with a fat * Grockadoc.

@31 21 premiers had one job: Stop BRAB winning a Fred. He failed so we’ve shipped him to the royals.

We started off well kicking the first goal of the game from the boot of Helen Wheels which the Hawks responded with a goal of their own. We kicked 3 goals to Hawks 1 goal 1 and led by 13 points at quarter time.

Furies started the second quarter well but inaccuracy cost us as our first three scoring shots missed before Grockadoc kicked our 4th goal. BRAB then scored the Hawks second goal for the Hawks which was the last goal in a low scoring quarter.

We rued inaccuracy again at the start of the third until a goal from Hate. Hawks responded with a goal from the disgraced Miggs. Hawks then kicked the next four and were in front for the first time at the 13th minute mark of the 3rd quarter. They kicked another close to 3 quarter time and finished the quarter 8 points in front.

The next quarter sucked as well as we kicked 2 goals to the Hawks 5 and lost the game. Grockadoc had a great first game back as did manangatang. Michaels, Sterge and JackNah_8 were also in our bests.

FUR SENIORS Vs ESH SENIORS

FUR 3 2 4 5 5 9 7 15 57

ESH 1 1 2 3 7 5 12 7 79

Best: Grockadoc, Manangatang, Hate, Jacknah_8, Sterge, TJASTA

Goals: Helen Wheels (2), manangatang (2), Grockadoc (2), Sterge (1)

Votes:

Grockadoc: 9
manangatang: 9
Hate: 5
@Tigerturblance: 1

Claw of Fame

Now for the second last and one of the most prestigious awards of the evening, the Claw of Fame induction. In order to be eligible for the Claw of Fame, one must have played 150 games, or become a captain of the club. They can also be inducted by winning three or more Furies awards.

Seasons 25’s Claw of Fame inductee started his SFA career in Season 10 and played 3 games for the Mount Buller Demons before joining the Furies in Season 11. He went on to play 250+ games for the Furies becoming second on most games played for the Furies behind rfctigerarmy. He played an important part in our Season 11 and Season 20 premiership winning sides and also our runner up sides in Season 15, Season 16, Season 18 and Season 23. He won the season 15 rfctigerarmy medal and was named at the half back flank of the Fighting Furies 20 for 20 side. He also served as Vice Captain in Season 19.

He is also a fat **** who loves stuffing himself with burgers and is famous spamming the hell out of the place on the odd occasion he shows up to a match thread. Congratulations to the Season 25 Claw of Fame inductee Grockadoc. Congratulations mate.

Well done Grockadoc , I hope this heals the pain of you being Cat Man

Didn't think you needed to be incredibly active to be inducted into the Claw of Fame :p

Nah but a bit of relevancy helps.

It's like when Cooney won a brownlow.

Season 25 Rfctigerarmy Medal final tally:

Hate: 77
manangatang: 52
_Cayz_: 49
JackNah_8: 42
rfctiger74: 31
Helen Wheels: 31
Michaels: 24
TJASTA: 22
Tigerturbulance: 15
NaturalDisaster: 9
TheMidRunner: 8
Nuffers: 7
This Is Anfield: 6
@Rfctigerarmy:1
akkaps: 1

Congratulations to the Season 25 rfctigerarmy Medalist Hate. Hate is a former Furies legend and premiership player who left us to captain the Dragons for several seasons and even having a stint as league admin before returning to his beloved Furies this season. He started off like a house on fire, even looking like a Mobbs favourite early. He may have not won the mobbs but he took this award out quite comfortably. Well done mate.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to congratulate all award winners and thank TJASTA, rfctiger74 and Michaels for pitching in on the write ups on short notice. No thanks to that flog Wacky Tiger for not letting me know until late that he couldn’t do it.

I would also like to thank 3121 premiers, _Cayz_, tigland akkaps and manangatang for their services to the club and wish them all the best at their new teams for next season. The doors will always be welcome for a return (expect you Cayz you flog :p)

Season 26 team thread will be up shortly as Season 26 match threads will be up by the 24th. We will be starting off our Season 26 campaign against the Sin City Swamprats where we hopefully get our revenge for last seasons Elimination final.

Please join us over at the table over there for a few tequila shots and enjoy the rest of the night.

I would like to congratulate all award winners and thank TJASTA, rfctiger74 and Michaels for pitching in on the write ups on short notice. No thanks to that flog Wacky Tiger for not letting me know until late that he couldn’t do it.

I would also like to thank 3121 premiers, _Cayz_, tigland akkaps and manangatang for their services to the club and wish them all the best at their new teams for next season. The doors will always be welcome for a return (expect you Cayz you flog :p)

Season 26 team thread will be up shortly as Season 26 match threads will be up by the 24th. We will be starting off our Season 26 campaign against the Sin City Swamprats where we hopefully get our revenge for last seasons Elimination final.

Please join us over at the table over there for a few tequila shots and enjoy the rest of the night.
Well done captain or coach or whatever you’re 15A53F55-6A7A-4CA2-980A-E63403C00F6D.jpeg

Season 25 Rfctigerarmy Medal final tally:

Hate: 77
JackNah_8: 52
_Cayz_: 49
rfctiger74: 31
Helen Wheels: 31
Michaels: 24
TJASTA: 22
Tigerturbulance: 15
NaturalDisaster: 9
TheMidRunner: 8
Nuffers: 7
This Is Anfield: 6
@Rfctigerarmy:1
akkaps: 1

Congratulations to the Season 25 rfctigerarmy Medalist Hate. Hate is a former Furies legend and premiership player who left us to captain the Dragons for several seasons and even having a stint as league admin before returning to his beloved Furies this season. He started off like a house on fire, even looking like a Mobbs favourite early. He may have not won the mobbs but he took this award out quite comfortably. Well done mate.

awesome work Hate , an epic season!!!

my shout
upload_2018-7-22_20-28-16.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back