Movie Film Trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

The movie Two Moon Junction.
Sherrilyn Fenn has a nude scene that was not meant to be totally nude.

Some nightgown she believed was meant to stay on in a sex scene was purposely set up to fall completely off as he made sure the wardrobe department did something with it to make it fall apart which the young actress never knew he secretly did it. What an arsehole.

I can't find anything else about this?

I can't find anything else about this?
She spoke about it randomly on a youtube I saw a few months back.
It just came out in a Q and A from an audience member from memory. He did not ask about it but in talking about that movie it just came to her mind and she is not backward in speaking her mind.

She spoke about it randomly on a youtube I saw a few months back.
It just came out in a Q and A from an audience member from memory. He did not ask about it but in talking about that movie it just came to her mind and she is not backward in speaking her mind.

It seems like a serious issue, surely she would have had options, reshooting the scene? It wasn't what was scripted?

It seems like a serious issue, surely she would have had options, reshooting the scene? It wasn't what was scripted?
She was very young and it is not uncommon.
The context of her bringing up was she felt she was making one movie and she found out later on most of others were basically making a pr0n movie of sorts.
I'll see if can find the video. Remember she is talking about something from decades ago.

EditL took a bit of searching but think I found it..

Last edited:
She was very young and it is not uncommon.
The context of her bringing up was she felt she was making one movie and she found out later on most of others were basically make a pr0n movie of sorts.
I'll see if can find the video. Remember she is talking about something from decades ago.

It makes sense. I guess the brazenness of the director and the wardrobe people as well is a bit beyond common though.

The 1982 film 'Amityville 2 - The Possession' was a heavily fictionalized account of the Defeo family murders that took place at 112 Ocean Avenue Amityville. The movie, extremely controversial at the time of its release due to an incest plotline, changed the name of the family from Defeo to Montelli as well as the given names of family members (e.g. eldest son Ronald Jnr has his name changed to Sonny); changed the family structure (youngest son not included, youngest daughter younger in film than in real life); showed the family living at the problematic property only several months at most before the murders whereas the Defeos lived there a decade; and despite the events taking place in 1974 the movie has a contemporary setting of 1982.

In the 1982 movie, Diane Franklin plays Patricia Montelli, the oldest daughter based on Dawn Defeo, while Burt Young plays the father Anthony Montelli, based on the real life father Ronald Defeo Snr.

In 2018, another film about the Defeo murders was made - 'The Amityville Murders - A Haunting on Long Island'. While a lot of the events in this film are fictional or have been changed, it is more historically accurate than the 1982 film. In the 2018 film, Dianne Franklin plays the mother Louise Defeo, while Burt Ward also returns to play her father Mr. Brigante.

In the 1982 movie, Diane Franklin plays Patricia Montelli, the oldest daughter based on Dawn Defeo, while Burt Young plays the father Anthony Montelli, based on the real life father Ronald Defeo Snr.

In 2018, another film about the Defeo murders was made - 'The Amityville Murders - A Haunting on Long Island'. While a lot of the events in this film are fictional or have been changed, it is more historically accurate than the 1982 film. In the 2018 film, Dianne Franklin plays the mother Louise Defeo, while Burt Ward also returns to play her father Mr. Brigante.

Burt Ward or Burt Young?

Burt Young played Adrian's brother (and therefore Rocky's brother-in-law) in the Rocky series, while Burt Ward was, of course, Robin in Batman.

I remember Amityville 2 from years ago. There was a really freaky scene (as I remember it) where a nasty, demonic picture on the wall seemed to paint itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2003 Australian crime comedy film 'The Wannabes' had its title changed to 'Criminal Ways' when released in America.

Does anybody else remember 'The Wannabes' aka 'Criminal Ways'? I've seen a lot of bad movies in my time, but this is one that always stands out for me and has had me asking for years, 'How did they mess this up so badly?'.

Some movies - a number of them big budget films - fail simply because they were overly ambitious or a bad idea in the first place. For example, one of the main reasons legendary box office bomb 'Heavens Gate' from 1980 failed was because it was made about a not particularly well-known nor particularly interesting part of history in the American West - the Johnson County Wars. Its hardly the Alamo. It would have been like James Cameron producing 'Empress of Ireland' (a ship that sank off Canada in 1914) rather than his blockbuster 'Titanic' in the 1990s. Would 'Empress of Ireland' have been successful? I doubt that question would ever have been answered, because there is no way the 20th Century Fox executives would have signed off on an expensive movie of a forgotten shipwreck few people had even heard of outside of maritime history enthusiasts.

But the Wannabes, a simple enough film about a gang of criminals who pose as a children's musical group only to inadvertently become a huge hit as entertainers, was not overly ambitious. The premise was good, and definitely right for this era where children's groups such as The Wiggles, Hi 5 and the now forgotten Hooley Dooley's were popular. It had a good cast, including a number from the successful Wog Boy in 1999 including Nick Giannopoulos, Costas Killias and Tony Nikolakopolous; plus Russell Dykstra who had been in a number of successful films in the era such as Garage Days; Isla Fisher just before she found international stardom and young actor Ryan Johnson, who would go on to be a successful Australian TV actor over the next two decades. It would not have won an Academy Award for Best Picture, but from the talent in front of and behind the camera and a good, workable premise, the result should have been a funny Australian crime comedy.

Yet just nothing seemed to work with this film. It was actually quite eerie to watch it fail so badly on every level. The only funny scenes I remember was one where the white rapper (played by Johnson) performed an offensive song full of four letter words he had written and then said 'he had toned it down for the kids', and a post credits Christmas song where the three guys beat up the guy in the wombat suit who is dressed as Santa Claus.

The 2003 Australian crime comedy film 'The Wannabes' had its title changed to 'Criminal Ways' when released in America.

Does anybody else remember 'The Wannabes' aka 'Criminal Ways'? I've seen a lot of bad movies in my time, but this is one that always stands out for me and has had me asking for years, 'How did they mess this up so badly?'.

Some movies - a number of them big budget films - fail simply because they were overly ambitious or a bad idea in the first place. For example, one of the main reasons legendary box office bomb 'Heavens Gate' from 1980 failed was because it was made about a not particularly well-known nor particularly interesting part of history in the American West - the Johnson County Wars. Its hardly the Alamo. It would have been like James Cameron producing 'Empress of Ireland' (a ship that sank off Canada in 1914) rather than his blockbuster 'Titanic' in the 1990s. Would 'Empress of Ireland' have been successful? I doubt that question would ever have been answered, because there is no way the 20th Century Fox executives would have signed off on an expensive movie of a forgotten shipwreck few people had even heard of outside of maritime history enthusiasts.

But the Wannabes, a simple enough film about a gang of criminals who pose as a children's musical group only to inadvertently become a huge hit as entertainers, was not overly ambitious. The premise was good, and definitely right for this era where children's groups such as The Wiggles, Hi 5 and the now forgotten Hooley Dooley's were popular. It had a good cast, including a number from the successful Wog Boy in 1999 including Nick Giannopoulos, Costas Killias and Tony Nikolakopolous; plus Russell Dykstra who had been in a number of successful films in the era such as Garage Days; Isla Fisher just before she found international stardom and young actor Ryan Johnson, who would go on to be a successful Australian TV actor over the next two decades. It would not have won an Academy Award for Best Picture, but from the talent in front of and behind the camera and a good, workable premise, the result should have been a funny Australian crime comedy.

Yet just nothing seemed to work with this film. It was actually quite eerie to watch it fail so badly on every level. The only funny scenes I remember was one where the white rapper (played by Johnson) performed an offensive song full of four letter words he had written and then said 'he had toned it down for the kids', and a post credits Christmas song where the three guys beat up the guy in the wombat suit who is dressed as Santa Claus.

I'd never heard of it. A quick look at IMDB sees a score of 4.0, which puts it in the dire category. It doesn't even rate a mention on rotten tomatoes.

As for Heaven's Gate: well I must be one of the few to have seen it all the way through. Your shipwreck analogy is very apt. Almost unbelievably, it had a big set piece at a dance ball where they dance in roller skates. It's a fun enough scene and well filmed, but I wonder what audiences thought at the time.

Enjoy.

The extremely violent 1969 war movie 'Castle Keep', which ends with close to half an hour of destruction and killing, was the movie watched by Ronald DeFeo Junior right before he took a high powered Marlin rifle and shot to death his father, mother, two sisters and two brothers in their opulent three story Dutch Colonial house on Ocean Avenue, Amityville, New York in 1974.

And that now infamous house, which at the time had a most distinctive and somewhat eerie appearance thanks to two quadrant shaped top floor windows which looked like eyes (the house has since been renovated and these windows replaced), has been in numerous violent horror movies ever since.

I'm not sure if Judith Hoag ever went into great detail as ito why she wasn't April O'Neill in the Turtles sequels but one day I was randomly looking at actor forums in imdb.com and noticed for a time she was answering questions from users.

Apparently the original Ninja Turtles film had a lot of additional scenes filmed out on the farm that would have greatly expanded the characters. I think she mentioned one or two but can't for the life of me remember them.

Anyway she was quite upset they had cut so much that when producers asked her what she wanted to see from the sequel she listed having scenes like those cut from the original. The producers never contacted her again and her part was recast.

English actress Hayley Mills began her career in the early 1960s starring in the movies 'Pollyanna', 'The Parent Trap' and 'Whistle Down The Wind'. But I never knew that 'Whistle Down The Wind' was originally a novel written by Mary Bell, the mother of Hayley and Juliet Mills.

In the 1981 classic horror film 'An American Werewolf In London' David attempts to get himself arrested by annoying and swearing at a policeman in Trafalgar Square, hoping that if he is locked up he won't be able to harm anyone when he turns into a werewolf again that night. Unfortunately, while irritated the policeman does not arrest David and tells him to move on, thinking he is just acting up to get attention.

If an American Werewolf In London and the TV series The Bill exist in the same fictional universe, then this constable had a very swift rise through the ranks in the next three years, and by 1984 had been promoted to Chief Superintendent Brownlow of Sunhill police station, with Peter Ellis playing both roles.

When Kirsten Dunst played a high school cheerleader captain in 'Bring It On' in 2000 she didn't need to rehearse much for the role. At the time Kirsten Dunst was a high school senior and a member of the school's cheerleading squad.

Dakota Fanning - who achieved plenty of career success as a child, teenager and now as an adult - was also a cheerleader when she was in high school.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back