Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Nov 12, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
B.Celtics, FC Barcelona, Leeds Utd
Being an massive year for celebrity deaths thats for sure ...

I was more saddend by Patrick Swayze's death though, considering his age and he was more 'notable' for a person of my age (Generation Y) ...

thegreenmachine

Cancelled
Dec 17, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
There's only one!
The movie I best remember Patrick Swayze in was Ghost. Brilliant movie.:thumbsu:
Heath Ledger anyone?

I uesd to love the equalizer. Top show.

Me too.

TheEqualizer_S1.jpg

MBIB

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 1, 2007
Coburg
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Storm
Two of my fav old timers that are no longer with us are Cary Grant and Brando.

Heath's death was an absolute tragedy.

celtic_pride

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Nov 12, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
B.Celtics, FC Barcelona, Leeds Utd
Jimmy Stewart is the best actor I have ever seen on any medium, alive or dead ...

It's just such a sheer pleasure watching films like Rear Window, Vertigo or Mr Smith goes to Washington ... Even It's a wonderful life, a film with a fairly crap storyline is just made into a classic by Stewart's wonderful acting performance.
I know I have a bad reputation around here and a 'dubious' taste in about anything really, but I really recommend people getting around to watching Rear Window and Vertigo on DVD, truly stunning films that crap all over any of the garbage that Hollywood seems to churn out these days.

Claude Rains is another personal favourite of mine from the 'vintage' era of Hollywood.
Universal Films Phantom of the Oprea starring Rains is the definitive version of that saga, any other remake of that is simply sub-par.

Banga19

Club Legend
Aug 6, 2007
Brunswick
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham
Currently watching Kill Bill Vol 2 and I saw the thread.

David Carradine deserves a mention. Another quality actor who died this year.

my point - guns don't kill people rappers...no tools carrying them do! But a fool with a gun might be more inlined to use it than a tool with his tool in hand

Back