PS4 Final Fantasy VII Remake

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing the remake but never played the original back in the day.

That
Honey Bee dance sequence with Andrea
is one of the most awesome things in videogame history.
Ha it’s something else all together in the OG. You should check it out the honey bee inn on YouTube if you don’t plan on playing it.

I'm only in chapter 8 doing fetch quests in the slums and so a little under half way but I think I'm done for now and overall I'm maybe a little disappointed. It's very pretty but it also feels like most of the world is just a collection of corridors, even if most of them have invisible walls. The update to the combat is great, I finished FF7 on the PS1 but its the only FF game I've played much of as I always preferred strategy or action RPGs to standing in lines and taking turns.

The original was the same (but running through still pictures rather than 3D) but that was a limitation of a system pushing what could be done at the time. This felt too constricted imo after so many years being free to run around and jump over railings and boxes.

I'll come back to it at some point and it's maybe partly the point I'm at, I was enjoying it more before being separated from Barret and Tifa but definitely time for a break.

I wish I could love the remake for being a 1:1 remake of one of the best stories told in a video game ever, but it’s not that.

Now I’m just watching Nomura and his team just write whatever crap they want and hope it’s entertaining.

I wish I could love the remake for being a 1:1 remake of one of the best stories told in a video game ever, but it’s not that.

Now I’m just watching Nomura and his team just write whatever crap they want and hope it’s entertaining.

Sephiroth comes back from the Advent Child timeline into an alternate timeline of the past where he still hasn't been defeated yet so that he can alter the DESTINY/FATE of that timeline in order to ensure he succeeds this time?!?!!??!

But by altering destiny that means Zack is now alive in another timeline and he is now in the same timeline as Cloud and Aerith who doesn't know he is now alive, they're gonna meet up now and maybe Zack will stop Aerith dying this time?!?!?!?!

Riveting storytelling, I can't wait to see this 10 year old fanfic Kingdom Hearts garbage play out in 4k

Hazarding a guess this is leaning heavily on lifestream and consciousness, so more Metal Gear nonsense for mine and
1655711864921.png
Only mako.

Recent event seemed to indicate that the team know and Aeries has PTSD or will soon enough, that's not to say that maybe instead of getting stabbed though the back, she gets stabbed from the front this time and someone catches the materia and runs away instead of it bouncing several times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back