PS4 Final Fantasy VII Remake

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really a fan of the demo.

The only thing that I took away from it is that I really liked the re-imagining of the world and some parts put the original game into perspective (Like climbing up to the reactor, and the scene where you traverse for the girl on the pipes) which was interesting.

Although the game-play. Atrocious and not much different to 15 and KH3. This easy and mindless hack and slash style actually suited the open world of FF15 - not so sure it's suited to a more linear experience in FF7.

Didn't like the boss fight either. Health triggered phases and cover in an Action "JRPG" that plays like this. It's like these mechanics are the game designers' validation for this game-play actually being good.

Also I noticed after the fight I still had nearly 20 potions or something absurd available. This was the problem with FF15, for some reason consumables were just way too easy to stock up on. If you expect a challenge - then don't expect one, as the menu STILL isn't used in real time.

It's really disappointing that after all this time they're not really improving on what they did with their last installment and just keeping the game-play and character control grounded still.

I'll probably buy it when it's in the 20$ bin soon like all of Square Enix's releases as of recent times.

Game to arrive early here in Aus
What a perfect game to kill a few days/weeks/months. Keeeen

It's a shame it sounds like only people who buy online will likely get it shipped out early though. I'm still not game to buy online in case retailers don't get the memo then we won't receive it until 14th due to Easter break. Hopefully EB break street date I would love to go get the Deluxe Edition although I cancelled my preorder due to the ways of the world at the moment so I'd have the cash to buy digital if need be.

It's a shame it sounds like only people who buy online will likely get it shipped out early though. I'm still not game to buy online in case retailers don't get the memo then we won't receive it until 14th due to Easter break. Hopefully EB break street date I would love to go get the Deluxe Edition although I cancelled my preorder due to the ways of the world at the moment so I'd have the cash to buy digital if need be.
Same as my thinking. A chance to come early but also a chance to not, then yeah have to wait till after Easter

From EB's Facebook page

91472377_3012268868811443_973316774130876416_o.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got it and installing! So full of hype right now I feel like kid on Christmas morning!

Bloody shattered I cancelled my deluxe edition pre-order last Monday though. Couldn't get a copy today unfortunately so had to settle for the standard edition.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I randomly walked into Eb and saw this on the shelf.

3 hours in. Yep it's pretty great. The visuals are almost up there with the best I've ever seen in an RPG game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back