Multiplat Final Fantasy XV

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumping while trying to picking things up :'(
Prompto's chocobo song :mad:

Hold X to pick items up instead of pushing it.

"Here, have a level 19 main quest guarded by a level 54 cobra thing that kills you in one hit" :drunk:

Just run past it. The quest is in the complete opposite direction.

Any other tips for reducing the post-game plat grind? I'm still early on (chapter 3) and using Snapshot in every battle for Prompto and trying to run around by foot for survival. I can already tell fishing is going to be the worst

Stop ruining s**t by grinding for a plat. There's an accessory that lets Prompto take more photos that make it quicker. Fishing isn't a big deal if you casually fish for 2-3 minutes at every waterhole you see. I hardly fished at all and was 7 by the time i finished the game, only took another 30 mins of grinding post game to max it.

I was already 99 by then :oops:. Further added to monotony.

I didn't mind the chapter until the boss fight, which I'm sure would have been a piece of cake for you, but was a pain in the butt for my under-leveled character. One shots everywhere.

I don't know how you managed to get to level 99 by this stage. Is their an EXP multiplier greater than 2 that I haven't discovered?

Last edited:
I didn't mind the chapter until the Ravus fight, which I'm sure would have been a piece of cake for you, but was a pain in the butt for my under-leveled character. One shots everywhere.

I don't know how you managed to get to level 99 by this stage. Is their an EXP multiplier greater than 2 that I haven't discovered?

Yeah there's a 3x multiplier in Alitissa. Paired with the 100% EXP boost Lasagne from the same town and a hunt that is quick to complete and yields a crap ton of exp (Think 40k exp per 2-3 minute round trip) getting to 99 doesn't take long.

Here's a vid:

Last edited:
Stop ruining s**t by grinding

I was already 99 by then :oops:. Further added to monotony.

325217_91b8c194214bb8e7ce3d888b5c52054b.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Struggling to finish the game right now. Was under-leveled so did a bit of grinding but my motivation to finish has really dropped off.

Struggling to finish the game right now. Was under-leveled so did a bit of grinding but my motivation to finish has really dropped off.

The Lasagne (XP boost food) from Altissia + rare coin magic XP farm ending with you staying at the 2x or 3x hotel should be able to give you the levels you need to make the game easier if you want. Pretty sure Lukas posted a video for it.

If you're past Chapter 13 you're in the home stretch and I would say that it is worth sticking out as there's some really cool stuff in that final run.

The Lasagne (XP boost food) from Altissia + rare coin magic XP farm ending with you staying at the 2x or 3x hotel should be able to give you the levels you need to make the game easier if you want. Pretty sure Lukas posted a video for it.

If you're past Chapter 13 you're in the home stretch and I would say that it is worth sticking out as there's some really cool stuff in that final run.
Where's the 3x hotel? Will be turning in ~200k experience soon.

What chapter are you up to?

You can't stay there until Ch9 I think, it's in a city called Altissia.
Ahh bugger I'm just about to go there and I'm guessing there'll be a forced rest before then. Probably should have held off on all the quests.

Ahh bugger I'm just about to go there and I'm guessing there'll be a forced rest before then. Probably should have held off on all the quests.

You're forced to cash in all EXP at the end of chapter screen (or at least you were during my playthrough) so you'll get boned if you don't have access there already I think. Make multiple saves and reload if it forces you to dump your XP

You're forced to cash in all EXP at the end of chapter screen (or at least you were during my playthrough) so you'll get boned if you don't have access there already I think. Make multiple saves and reload if it forces you to dump your XP
I'm at the "Brave New World" quest which I've been told is basically the point of no return. But yeah, when I get back on later I'll finish off a few hunts and then make a few saves. Thanks.

I'm at the "Brave New World" quest which I've been told is basically the point of no return. But yeah, when I get back on later I'll finish off a few hunts and then make a few saves. Thanks.

They've got a mechanic to get back to the overworld right up until the final boss.

You just high 5 a dog and it takes you back to the main area so you can keep doing quests.

It's a strange game overall. They do a lot of things right - the 'bromance' is pretty well done and they have crafted an interesting world - but it's all undone by a really dumb story, poor pacing and MMO sidequests. It's a product of its long development time and yet I cannot help but judge it against the standards established in the likes of Witcher 3.

The Final Fantasy games have never had great plots but usually the character moments are sufficient to offset that. Even games such as VII and X are bottom of the barrel fantasy fare but they are saved by interesting characters. I'm not sure I can say the same for XV; the main four are pretty good but the villain is paper thin and the support cast is underutilised.

The narrative could have been so much stronger if SE had told a simple coming of age story that transitioned into a simple revenge tale using a bunch of mates as your emotional core. When it comes to FF stories - a more streamlined and focused approach will lead to much better results.

The battle system worked quite well in smaller battles but was a complete disaster when you fight lots of enemies simultaneously. In a one-on-one battle it almost feels a little like a Souls game (strike, strike, dodge etc) but against lots of enemies the system is just so messy and the camera is terrible.

I thought the use of photos to record your adventure was an inspired idea and the banter between the characters felt natural and created a sense of shared history. Unfortunately the lines and jokes became repetitive pretty quickly.

I think I would have enjoyed it a bit more had I played it on PC since the loading times would be much shorter. Going from location-to-location provided ample toilet breaks though.

I'd probably give it a 7/10. With a few small changes and greater focus it could easily have been an 8 or even a 9/10 game.

Yeah, used the 3x hotel and got up to level 60 and the final boss was a breeze. Turned out I was basically a half hour from the end.

It's a strange game overall. They do a lot of things right - the 'bromance' is pretty well done and they have crafted an interesting world - but it's all undone by a really dumb story, poor pacing and MMO sidequests. It's a product of its long development time and yet I cannot help but judge it against the standards established in the likes of Witcher 3.

The Final Fantasy games have never had great plots but usually the character moments are sufficient to offset that. Even games such as VII and X are bottom of the barrel fantasy fare but they are saved by interesting characters. I'm not sure I can say the same for XV; the main four are pretty good but the villain is paper thin and the support cast is underutilised.

The narrative could have been so much stronger if SE had told a simple coming of age story that transitioned into a simple revenge tale using a bunch of mates as your emotional core. When it comes to FF stories - a more streamlined and focused approach will lead to much better results.

The battle system worked quite well in smaller battles but was a complete disaster when you fight lots of enemies simultaneously. In a one-on-one battle it almost feels a little like a Souls game (strike, strike, dodge etc) but against lots of enemies the system is just so messy and the camera is terrible.

I thought the use of photos to record your adventure was an inspired idea and the banter between the characters felt natural and created a sense of shared history. Unfortunately the lines and jokes became repetitive pretty quickly.

I think I would have enjoyed it a bit more had I played it on PC since the loading times would be much shorter. Going from location-to-location provided ample toilet breaks though.

I'd probably give it a 7/10. With a few small changes and greater focus it could easily have been an 8 or even a 9/10 game.
It's a very difficult game to summarise. You've just shat on it for six paragraphs then given it a 7/10 - and if I were to try to summarise it it would probably end up the same.

It does just enough to sustain itself as a really fun experience, but not enough to really excel in many areas, is probably the way I would classify it. But I still have a bunch of main quests to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back