Multiplat Final Fantasy XV

Remove this Banner Ad

Just picked up the PS4 version of FFVII which will be my first entry into the series. Have been keen to check out XV but figured I'd try out what generally seems to be considered the best of the series first. Will still likely pick up XV when it is part of the 12 deals of Christmas.

I think I may be biting off more than I can chew here...

Got my platinum at just under 65 hours (last 3-4 hours may have been with an elastic band around the sticks and just running in circles to level up survival) and am in no rush to get into end game. Maybe on my holidays after I get through my backlog a bit but those last few chapters burnt me out somewhat (chapter 13 can eat a bag of dicks). Some really fun dungeons though, especially the higher level ones.

I enjoyed the open world stuff, exploring, hunts etc but I think I need to go watch Kingsglaive and do some reading up on stuff because I really did start losing track from about chapter 8 onwards, that's where you could start to tell stuff had been ripped from the game.

Was only half interested due to being a long time fan of the series but unimpressed with recent editions. Then I watched Kingsglavie, I'm in. That s**t was dope.

And how unfortunate that excitement didn't last long into the game. Story and combat are ok but bogged down by so many crappy side quests and poor interface design. Only FF could make an open world this restrictive too.

Also if you're going to have countless hunting quests let me gather them all at once so I can do them when I'm in the area. The constant back and forth is worst aspect.

Picked this up. Shitty PSN internet made the download take way longer than it should. But got there eventually.

Only played about an hour. Seems okay so far.

Picked this up. Shitty PSN internet made the download take way longer than it should. But got there eventually.

Only played about an hour. Seems okay so far.

Do as much early as possible, it's kinda unbalanced as end game starts around chapter 8 and runs for ages before you can come back to the open world.

Do as much early as possible, it's kinda unbalanced as end game starts around chapter 8 and runs for ages before you can come back to the open world.

Pretty much any time you're at a hotel or rest stop post chapter 8 your can return back to the open world. Just have to high five your dog and he whisks you back to complete more quests.

Pretty much any time you're at a hotel or rest stop post chapter 8 your can return back to the open world. Just have to high five your dog and he whisks you back to complete more quests.

I do remember that but was remiss to use it for immersion reasons, but certainly expected to end up back there before the endgame stuff. Think the balance of story line to open world game play was at it's best in FF9, where every chapter or major quest ended with you back in the open world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a post Witcher 3 world the side quests in FFXV really don't cut it. Why the hell is a prince running around fetching tomatoes for a lazy shopkeeper?

Side quests should be short stories rather that filler content. They should create a more vibrant world rather than waste our time.

Spot on, even the main story is weak in parts. Get more powerful is a horrible objective for half the game. Strong finale though.

Came across a game breaking glitch.
I got game over and i went back to the checkpoint.
When i respawned i was completely stuck to a rocky hill and i couldn't walk on to the grass as everything was blocked with invisible walls.
Had to reload an earlier save...
It's when you fight the creature that is scaring the Chocobos

Also how do you use magic in this? Do i need to buy ''magic flasks'' :straining:

Also how do you use magic in this? Do i need to buy ''magic flasks'' :straining:

You craft magic into magic flasks. I think its called Elemancy in the game screen. Basically mix some magic that you've drawn from near campsites and add a random item from your inventory and if you have a spare magic flask you'll craft a certain about of spells. The items you add can effect the spell, adding things like venom or EXP boosts (save these ones for later when XP farming).

You've still got a little while to go before you become as OP as Sledge. I'm on level 39 after eight completed chapters.
Oh wow and I thought some of the level balancing in Witcher was bad...

That said, three things pleasantly surprising about the game so far: a) the story is actually coherent; b) the NSYNC cover band are actually quite likeable; and c) the combat system is much better than expected (although I still prefer the turn-based approach for FF to tell the truth).

You've still got a little while to go before you become as OP as Sledge. I'm on level 39 after eight completed chapters.

You're already a high enough level to finish the game at level parity. I got addicted to the sidequest grind and stacking EXP for hotel visits. Was around level 70 something by the end of the main story and was too OP for everything which removed a lot of the challenge from the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back