Shield Final: Queensland vs New South Wales, Allan Border Field, 15-19 April, 9:30 AM AEST

Who will be crowned champion?

• New South Wales

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Neser has to be picked for our next test surely. Overdue
It's pretty staggering he's never gotten selected given this country's infatuation with all-rounders being to the point of Hilton Cartwright having a baggy green. India showed us the importance of proper all-rounders that are actually able to bowl (not an attack on Green, I'm glad he got selected, and he'll be a good bowling option long-term) this Summer, so hopefully we learn from that.

Queensland could kill it the next 2 sessions. 250 more runs and NSW will struggle to make them bat again. Or they could just bat until NSW get them all out

I like Street, but would like him more if he got his career strike rate up to the mid to high 30's. Tick the strike over more frequently

I like Street, but would like him more if he got his career strike rate up to the mid to high 30's. Tick the strike over more frequently
I agree, but it's a fine line, I guess. You'd always take the extra runs and balls faced if changing his natural game impedes him.

How good has Cummins been to carry the rest of this NSW bowling attack in the Australian team for 3 years?

A shame this will make no difference to the test lineup for the Ashes, it will still be the same 4 names

Anyone know if there is a semi live source for where we are at with bonus points?

Assume QLD are miles ahead taking 10 wickets for little runs. And qld can bat for 3 days here?
Qld 1.20 points, NSW 0.0 points so far

Qld have another 11 overs to make more runs to increase their bonus points and NSW to increase their bowling bonus point

So the formula is 0.10 point for every wicket within the first 100 overs of the first bowling innings and 0.01 points for every run over 200 within the first 100 overs

Qld 1.20 points, NSW 0.0 points so far

Qld have another 11 overs to make more runs to increase their bonus points and NSW to increase their bowling bonus point

So the formula is 0.10 point for every wicket within the first 100 overs of the first bowling innings and 0.01 points for every run over 200 within the first 100 overs
NSW have 0.3 given they have taken 3 wickets.

13 overs left in the day by my count.

103 overs till stumps tomorrow. If I'm Queensland I'm looking to make the lead up above 500 by then. Yes, it's around the 4 an over mark but that shouldn't be hard with bowlers who have bowled essentially 4 straight sessions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not by Street. FMD, just checked his score and yeah 46 or so, but 203 balls.... incredible.
Boycott and Tavare approve, big time.
Was a great innings. Played the circumstance of the game well. Helped build a platform and made sure QLD ended in front on the bonus point system meaning now all they need is a draw

Was a great innings. Played the circumstance of the game well. Helped build a platform and made sure QLD ended in front on the bonus point system meaning now all they need is a draw
He makes me glad I only once tried to bat that way in a game situation.
I think one time in three hours I only scored 11 runs and was just trying to hold up the innings but others kept falling anyway so said to myself after innings over, I never batting that way again.

Fair play to Queensland. Best team over the course of the season, and barring a miracle of these proportions they will be lifting the trophy.

Next season it will be time for some of these talented NSW batsmen to start putting up some numbers.

Shame it's been such an anti climatic finish.

How good has Cummins been to carry the rest of this NSW bowling attack in the Australian team for 3 years?

A shame this will make no difference to the test lineup for the Ashes, it will still be the same 4 names
Good to see Hazelwood, Starc and Lyon bring their impressive test form v India to the shield final.Apart from the dropped catch off Lyon he has not looked threatening and the two fast bowlers look disinterested.

There are so many people on social media that think Marnus was plumb when he let that Lyon ball hit his pads. Aside from hitting him above the pads, and spinning down leg, sure, absolutely plumb.

Good to see Hazelwood, Starc and Lyon bring their impressive test form v India to the shield final.Apart from the dropped catch off Lyon he has not looked threatening and the two fast bowlers look disinterested.
Should have played Conway, at least he puts 110% in to these Shield matches every match. No idea what Conway's contract situation is but he wouldn't be the worst quick for SA to go after.

Hazlewood took 17 wickets @ 19 in the Test series. You can't lump him in with the other two ffs.

Maybe I've lost track of time lately but staggered that Marnus has nearly 7000 first class runs. Only seems like yesterday the selectors plucked him off a modest start to his career for Queensland.
He's probably made about 4000 of them in the last 2 years tbh. 14 100's since since April 2019 and only 4 in the previous 4 years or so.

Back