bergholt

Good Ordinary Player
Mar 14, 2007
Brunswick
AFL Club
St Kilda
I've updated them here:

https://www.draftguru.com.au/lists/2017

Lots of clubs going with less than 40 (let me know if there are any errors there).

GWS had 42 senior listed players last year and will have 38 this year, big change.

Last three years GWS have gone from 17th most experienced list to 12th and now 5th. Last year they were 17th in age, this year they're 7th (thanks to Deledio and now de Boer).

Brisbane are the youngest in the comp by a mile, more than a year younger on average than everyone else. Only two players over 28 at the start of the season: Martin and Zorko - and each of them have only just played 100 games.

West Coast adding Mitchell and losing no-one particularly important makes them the oldest and most experienced list in the comp. 18 players over 100 games is equal with the recent record for one year - others were North 2016 and Brisbane 2004. So presumably no excuse for the Eagles this year.

The Hawks have been in the top 6 for age and games played every year since 2011, still there in 2017 even after losing Mitchell and Lewis. Imagine how old they would have been with those two still there?

Let me know if you spot any errors, or if there's anything else interesting in there. Missing a tiny bit of data for a couple of Irishmen.

Well with the 6 18 year olds Carlton drafted this would put us with one of the youngest lists in the competition with one more haul of draft-picks to go

Well with the 6 18 year olds Carlton drafted this would put us with one of the youngest lists in the competition with one more haul of draft-picks to go
Interesting to see what Bolton does with the youngsters over the next few years.

I've updated them here:

Lots of clubs going with less than 40 (let me know if there are any errors there).

GWS had 42 senior listed players last year and will have 38 this year, big change.

Last three years GWS have gone from 17th most experienced list to 12th and now 5th. Last year they were 17th in age, this year they're 7th (thanks to Deledio and now de Boer).

Brisbane are the youngest in the comp by a mile, more than a year younger on average than everyone else. Only two players over 28 at the start of the season: Martin and Zorko - and each of them have only just played 100 games.

West Coast adding Mitchell and losing no-one particularly important makes them the oldest and most experienced list in the comp. 18 players over 100 games is equal with the recent record for one year - others were North 2016 and Brisbane 2004. So presumably no excuse for the Eagles this year.

The Hawks have been in the top 6 for age and games played every year since 2011, still there in 2017 even after losing Mitchell and Lewis. Imagine how old they would have been with those two still there?

Let me know if you spot any errors, or if there's anything else interesting in there. Missing a tiny bit of data for a couple of Irishmen.
ESSENDON WILL HAVE 40 WITH JOSH GREEN? WHATS THE GO WITH HARRY O AT MELBOURNE STILL BE ON LIST?

ESSENDON WILL HAVE 40 WITH JOSH GREEN? WHATS THE GO WITH HARRY O AT MELBOURNE STILL BE ON LIST?
No need to yell.

Harry O didn't announce his retirement until after the 2nd List Lodgement. He'll come off Melbourne's list with the 3rd List Lodgement, next week.

Interesting to see what Bolton does with the youngsters over the next few years.

Bolts will give them the environment to learn and develop whether Bolts is the man to win flags time will tell but has a decent bunch of under 21 players now and next year will be more of the same I assume. We probably need one more clean out before looking at free agents.

142626"]Bolts will give them the environment to learn and develop whether Bolts is the man to win flags time will tell but has a decent bunch of under 21 players now and next year will be more of the same I assume. We probably need one more clean out before looking at free agents.[/QUOTE]

You've gotta like what he did last year I think, realistic and optimistic at the same time. I get the real test will come later. I'm a bit surprised at the lack of optimism re Carlton, but I get that to succeed you've got face reality first.

Bolts will give them the environment to learn and develop whether Bolts is the man to win flags time will tell but has a decent bunch of under 21 players now and next year will be more of the same I assume.

Similar to Richo with us. It's not clear to me whether he turns out to be a flag winner, but at least he was the right man to develop our kids for a few years. Certainly did better on that front than Lyon or Watters!

Excellent resource. Not much betwern the oldest and second youngest lists. Blues looking to re-rookie Sheehan which takes our average up a little.

However we are getting that number down and it will go down further next year. Our window lies with the 23 and under players coming up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, now updated for the rookie draft.

Changes a couple of things.

...and now up to 2nd oldest, 3rd most experienced. Unbelievable transition, really setting themselves for a few years of serious contending.

Brisbane still youngest but the big move is North. They've gone from the oldest and most experienced list in the comp, to the 2nd youngest and 5th least experienced. Fair admission that the "seniors" policy didn't work at all.

Again, let me know if you spot any issues.

I've updated them here:

McNiece a Cat B rookie for Essendon? http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2016-11-30/ben-mcniece-joins-our-comeback-story

Remove this Banner Ad

Back