Finallllllllllllsssssss!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Duritz thought this was the bay.

We will finish 5th :)

tell you what if we win Thursday night
people will start taking a bit more notice
including yours truly .
the only change we need to make might be Lester

I hate to derail a funny thread but what is the go with the draw? Round 1 there a 9 games being played so that means there will be 9 wins, however there are only 8 spots in the finals. This obviously means that just because you win in Round 1 doesn't mean you will be in the Top 8 at the end of the week. It will come down to For and Against. Can somebody please clear this up for me? Would it not be wiser to have two teams have a bye each weekend?

Yeah was clearly taking the piss.... just rapt to get a win, having a bit of fun with the old "getting ahead of ourselves".

Unlike you to be taking the piss mate!!:rolleyes:

We'll finish 3rd, I've already made GF arrangements.:thumbsu:

WM2816.gif

1 week at a time...need to see how we good at mid-season and against top 8 potential teams before getting excited.

remember the demons are the team that could afford to pay extreme overs for clark...they are thin on talent despite their high draft picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah before you get too excited you should take a look at our early draw.

Why don't we just get the picture out now?

Party pooper!!

:)

don't think we will be making finals but it is nice to dream sometimes. Dreams do come true sometimes.

i hate to derail a funny thread but what is the go with the draw? Round 1 there a 9 games being played so that means there will be 9 wins, however there are only 8 spots in the finals. This obviously means that just because you win in round 1 doesn't mean you will be in the top 8 at the end of the week. It will come down to for and against. Can somebody please clear this up for me? Would it not be wiser to have two teams have a bye each weekend?

poty!!!

Way to early to be talking finals. We finished 15th in 2011, even if we move up 6 places that leaves us just outside the 8, and moving up 6 places would be a good result.

Sure, its only round 1, but in assessing our list, there is absolutely no reason why we cant make the finals. Lets consider the following:

* WCE- no one thought they could make the finals last year, let alone make a Preliminary Final.

* I see many comparisons between us and West Coast. A number of senior experienced players coming back from injury, many players in that 30-40 plus game bracket and exciting youngsters coming through- remembering Longer and Docherty havent featured yet whilst Bartlett was pick 27 and most experts suggested he was a certain 1st round draft pick, prior to his knee reconstruction.

* Our season will depend on all those players in that 30-40 plus game bracket - with a couple of exceptions, which work in favour:

** Hawksley 28 games, Cornelius - 14 games, Harwood 14 games, Obrien 13 games, McKeever 11 games, Retzlaff 10 games & Golby 9 games. These guys have been on the list for at least 3 years and if they are going to make it as players, it should be this year or possibly next.

^I've always thought of Bartlett and Shuey's career progression looking similar due to their issues, hope Bartlett is nearly as good at least :p.

The rest is a bit of dreaming, I'll be happy with 8-10 wins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back