Finallllllllllllsssssss!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to say, as a kid I never had much to get excited about with the Tiges around the time of Brisbane's last dominant era, and you guys had some blokes that were amazing to watch play footy. After a while out of the pack I'm pretty excited to see your mob up and about and am low-key more excited to see how deep you guys go into finals than my own team.

It also doesn't hurt that well before the season started I put a decent punt on the lions and Tiges playing off in the GF and that is increasingly becoming a possibility.

I'm rapt for the lions and happy that they have allowed me to smugly tell people "told you so" when they said I was an idiot last year for pumping brissy up so much.

Also a pretty good supporter base, not a mob of feral dickheads which is nice.

Last edited:
It's looking pretty certain that we'll be having at least 1 final at the Gabba this season:D, intriguing list of possible opponents for week 1.

Who would you rather face at the Gabba/away in week 1?

Finish 1st-2nd The Gabba- Cats/Eagles/Tigers/Giants/Magpies.

Finish 5th-6th The Gabba- Bombers/Power/Crows/Bulldogs.

Finish 3rd-4th and play away- Cats/Eagles/Tigers. (If it's at the MCG)

Obviously I want the club to play at least one final in Brisbane, but I really hope we get one in Melbourne too (preferably on GF day).
I would prefer the first two at the Gabba and the last one in Melbourne. 😎

Looking like position 5 or 6 at the very worst , it's going to be hard to finish 2nd , will need to win at least 3 and depends on West Coast and Richmond .
My guess is somewhere between 3rd and sixth.

Looking like position 5 or 6 at the very worst , it's going to be hard to finish 2nd , will need to win at least 3 and depends on West Coast and Richmond .
My guess is somewhere between 3rd and sixth.
We are going to finish second, so we are beautifully placed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not nearly as glorious as watching them slide out of the 8 altogether.
Yep. The lower they go, the better our draft pick for Dayne Beams. We want them to lose every game for the rest of the year. You would think they will beat The Suns (how nice would it be if they lost this though) next week, but after that, they could conceivably lose to Melbourne, Adelaide (in Adelaide) and Essendon. We just need to keep DEATH RIDING THEM!

Assuming they finish top, if we happen to finish 4th let’s hope we’d play the Cats at the MCG and not at the Cattery. Surely it would be at the G given the capacity of the ground.

Will probably be at the Cattery. I wish they could play all games there. The only reason I’m annoyed that it’s there (other than the fact they play really well there) is because if it was Richmond or Collingwood it would get moved to the MCG.

They deserve to play at their home ground. If the AFL want to solve the issue, they should pump some money into upgrading their stands.

Will probably be at the Cattery. I wish they could play all games there. The only reason I’m annoyed that it’s there (other than the fact they play really well there) is because if it was Richmond or Collingwood it would get moved to the MCG.

They deserve to play at their home ground. If the AFL want to solve the issue, they should pump some money into upgrading their stands.
Pretty sure Gil said it would be at the MCG. I would rather finish 4th and play the Cats then 3rd and play the Eagles over in WA.

Geelong has spent some serious money upgrading their home ground. It is big enough and it should be played there if they win the right. It's all about the AFL's commercial interests, not ground capacity.

Gil wasn't ambiguous:

“As a matter of fairness, if Geelong finished top of the ladder should they host a qualifying final at Kardinia Park?” Whateley asked.

“I think they play home games at the MCG,” the AFL chief executive officer responded.

“And I don’t think, per se, that’s an integrity or a fairness issue. It’s what we’ve always had as a best-fit policy.”

Per my other response they have 64k members. Granted not all will be reserved seat members, and I have no idea how many would be - but even if half of them were they aren’t all going to get a ticket as there would have to be tickets available for the competing club. Can’t see a ballot scenario for a regular finals game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back