Finallllllllllllsssssss!!!!!

Gil wasn't ambiguous:

“As a matter of fairness, if Geelong finished top of the ladder should they host a qualifying final at Kardinia Park?” Whateley asked.

“I think they play home games at the MCG,” the AFL chief executive officer responded.

“And I don’t think, per se, that’s an integrity or a fairness issue. It’s what we’ve always had as a best-fit policy.”

Best fit for the AFL getting maximum moolah out of it, I guess.

We will finish no worse than second for mine, with an outside chance of top. I phoned SEN this afternoon and put our case as Premiership Favourites and Bob Murphy and whoever was hosting couldn’t disagree with my logic. If Brisbane were a race horse, we keep winning Group One races - GWS in Sydney, Port Adelaide at home and Hawthorn in Launceston. We only have one senior player on our injury list and we have won six straight games. We are the form side of the competition and clearly the best performed for just short of two months. Simply put, WE ARE FLYING!

rusty08

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We will finish no worse than second for mine, with an outside chance of top. I phoned SEN this afternoon and put our case as Premiership Favourites and Bob Murphy and whoever was hosting couldn’t disagree with my logic. If Brisbane were a race horse, we keep winning Group One races - GWS in Sydney, Port Adelaide at home and Hawthorn in Launceston. We only have one senior player on our injury list and we have won six straight games. We are the form side of the competition and clearly the best performed for just short of two months. Simply put, WE ARE FLYING!
Haha was that you?:clapping:

lots of Fitzory members still as well.
If it was Cats vs GWS maybe.. if ends up we take 4th we play at the MCG

Wouldn't it be fantastic if the combined Lions/Fitzroy contingent was louder in voice and passion than the Cats' one :)

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions

Well done.

I tune in to SEN regularly but I missed your call.

BTW I agree with your forecast because apart from the inescapable logic of your argument, I am channeling 2001 and predicting that we won't lose another game this season

Which means only one thing.

:D

Well done.

BTW I agree with your forecast because apart from the inescapable logic of your argument, I am channeling 2001 and predicting that we won't lose another game this season

View attachment 717651:D
I said the same thing a few weeks back. In 2001 the Carlton loss was a catalyst for what followed and the same is going to happen this year. We are going to go through undefeated from here and win the Flag.

Well done.

View attachment 717651:D
I also mentioned Terry Wallace walking to the Gabba.

Not to sound petty, but Brisbane locked themselves into a guaranteed game in September for the first time in 10 years.... But did not rate a mention on 360 and got about 2 minutes on The Couch.

Very disappointing.

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not to sound petty, but Brisbane locked themselves into a guaranteed game in September for the first time in 10 years.... But did not rate a mention on 360 and got about 2 minutes on The Couch.

Very disappointing.

Haha, noticed the same. Instead so much time was given to Carlton, Melbourne, Richmond, Collingwood and Adelaide. I'm fine with them ignoring us, I prefer flying under the radar.

Very disappointing.

I'm not so sure this week - our game was a bit of a nonevent really. I expect we'll get a bit of talk about our return to finals in the two weeks before finals start - that bye means there's a lot of space to fill for the media, and I think we'll get a strong run on all the shows in there. The Demons got a bit of acknowledgement for making the finals last year, but that was just because it was in more dramatic circumstances - ours was really just getting the job done.

I think it also makes it harder to celebrate just making finals when there's still a fair bit on the line - just 'making' finals at this stage would probably be a disappointment to many in the media and at the club. If we lock a top 4 spot, I expect we'll get plenty of talk on those shows.

braddsey

Club Legend
May 11, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I heard your call too. Nice work.

Going to be a massive last 2 rounds for the top of the ladder.
Round 22: Lions vs Cats, Tigers vs Eagles.
Round 23: Tigers vs Lions

I have us finishing 3rd (assuming no slips), but beating the Tigers and a big win over the Suns would be top - and premiership favorite.
(but let's keep the lid on, and not get ahead of ourselves!).

Lions Flag 2020

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I rate our remaining games in this order of difficulty:
Richmond
Western Bulldogs
Geelong
Gold Coast

I think we will win 3 of them.

Back